Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Demons Grand Plan for Yarra Park Training HQ

Wiseblood

11 hours ago, kevin martin said:

Sometimes a fence can be a problem, restricting the use of the field especially when the rehab is large or some are running laps or they are spilt into groups causing them to clash with each other. They can mark the field to suit purposes and are able to place temporary goals. No more jumping fences to get the ball. The problem I see is because more thoroughfare for the public there will be more rubbish, dog doo, beer bottles and cans. The staff and field cleaners will have to be vigilant. I would love to see a small pavillion that spectators can use to huddle in on those rainy days and the staff can use for their computer/tracking area. As well as toilets and room where the players can put their gear. 

I think that this is the objective of the plan, players facility right next to the ground and a MFC Member’s Bar/Lounge overlooking the training ground.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, CBDees said:

I think that this is the objective of the plan, players facility right next to the ground and a MFC Member’s Bar/Lounge overlooking the training ground.

between the railway cutting and the oval there is firstly a parallel strip of grass, then a parallel (i.e. east-west) pathway with an avenue of large trees either side. i might be wrong but i would expect this avenue to be retained (do you agree?)

therefore, there is quite a distance from the railway cutting to the oval (40--50m???) and the (double) avenue of large trees would obscure (to some extent) the view of the ground from buildings over the railway cutting

at least this seemed to be my opinion when i went and walked the area on the day of the saints game. what do you think cbd? or have i got it wrong?

10 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

between the railway cutting and the oval there is firstly a parallel strip of grass, then a parallel (i.e. east-west) pathway with an avenue of large trees either side. i might be wrong but i would expect this avenue to be retained (do you agree?)

therefore, there is quite a distance from the railway cutting to the oval (40--50m???) and the (double) avenue of large trees would obscure (to some extent) the view of the ground from buildings over the railway cutting

at least this seemed to be my opinion when i went and walked the area on the day of the saints game. what do you think cbd? or have i got it wrong?

That must have been the only enjoyable thing that happened last Sunday dc!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

45 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

No I suspect that you have it right (judging from Google Maps) and there is an adjacent play area as well. Obviously the MFC proposal would have to limit itself to the railway land (which may involve a 99year lease or purchase?) as apportioning/alienating ‘public land’ would be a step too far. Perhaps the Club is planning administrative functions on the lower levels (with a pleasant view of the trees) allowing the ‘Members Bar’ an elevated view of the training ground at a similar level to Level 2 at the “G”! I am sure that the building design will cater for staff, players and members when they consider orientation (e.g. player’s facilities don’t need a view as there will only be dog-walkers there when they are not training)!

13 hours ago, kevin martin said:

During simulations, they rarely use both goals. Usually will set from the backline and if a turnover happens they kick to a coach or a temporary small goal set is used.

Which ever way you spin it we need goals at both ends. By the sounds of it that’s what we’ll be having

I would love to see the detailed plans (if they exist) for the building in this proposal. Floorplan i mean.

It would have to be costing millions wouldnt it? With the proposal to dump pokies, that puts us already 10 million or so per year down on income. How on earth does the club expect to pay for it? Obviously, they have a plan or it wouldnt have even been announced. Anyone have some insight on funding, or will the club be back to begging for donations again?

I am pumped for this plan and hope like hell it comes to being. MFC hasnt had a place to call home for, well, forever. It would be great to see a shiny new multi-storey complex in a prominent position with our clubs name plastered all over it, wouldnt it ? (FFS now i am sounding like Bruce)

Make it happen MFC.

Edited by ding
Grammar
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, CBDees said:

No I suspect that you have it right (judging from Google Maps) and there is an adjacent play area as well. Obviously the MFC proposal would have to limit itself to the railway land (which may involve a 99year lease or purchase?) as apportioning/alienating ‘public land’ would be a step too far. Perhaps the Club is planning administrative functions on the lower levels (with a pleasant view of the trees) allowing the ‘Members Bar’ an elevated view of the training ground at a similar level to Level 2 at the “G”! I am sure that the building design will cater for staff, players and members when they consider orientation (e.g. player’s facilities don’t need a view as there will only be dog-walkers there when they are not training)!

My understanding is you cant buy above the Railway...only lease it..( 99 )   Railway easements/right of way  is owned/controlled by Victrack  ( which is essentially the gov ) .Another quirk is these easements often effectively operate outside of normal planning restrictions etc 

• Like 1

On 6/21/2018 at 3:29 AM, Skuit said:

Also, can someone explain what four consecutive commas signify in terms of punctuation?

It means, Skuit, that the writer of the said piece was temporarily suffering from a case of the dreaded 'sticky finger syndrome' whilst using a keyboard (an alien device not half as utilitarian as pen and paper) to inform your good self - and all others using this disseminative form of communication - a particular thought of some widespread, supported interest. The transgression did not deter from the essential meaning or clarity of the said missive and so, most would ignore the occurrence as if to sympathise with the presence of the aforementioned affliction, and simply categorise its occurrence as just another cursed exemplar of the many trajedies of this modern life.

Here's one for you that I hope you will find amusing, at least: How do you use the word 'and' five times in succession?

A signwriter was working on a pub, out the front. The publican came out to inspect his work - but that work was not yet fully completed. The publican read, in beautiful lettering: 'Bull and Bush Hotel'. He was not very happy with the spacing of the sign. He told the signwriter that there needed to be more space between 'Bull' and 'and' and 'and' and 'Bush'. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, Deemania since 56 said:

It means, Skuit, that the writer of the said piece was temporarily suffering from a case of the dreaded 'sticky finger syndrome' whilst using a keyboard (an alien device not half as utilitarian as pen and paper) to inform your good self - and all others using this disseminative form of communication - a particular thought of some widespread, supported interest. The transgression did not deter from the essential meaning or clarity of the said missive and so, most would ignore the occurrence as if to sympathise with the presence of the aforementioned affliction, and simply categorise its occurrence as just another cursed exemplar of the many trajedies of this modern life.

Here's one for you that I hope you will find amusing, at least: How do you use the word 'and' five times in succession?

A signwriter was working on a pub, out the front. The publican came out to inspect his work - but that work was not yet fully completed. The publican read, in beautiful lettering: 'Bull and Bush Hotel'. He was not very happy with the spacing of the sign. He told the signwriter that there needed to be more space between 'Bull' and 'and' and 'and' and 'Bush'. 

Some people are not insubstantially affected by 5 commas in a row, DM. In fact, I myself lament the trajedy of it all, including the seeming downward spiral in spelling. Not no-one appears not un-afflicted.

19 minutes ago, timbo said:

Some people are not insubstantially affected by 5 commas in a row, DM. In fact, I myself lament the trajedy of it all, including the seeming downward spiral in spelling. Not no-one appears not un-afflicted.

Your spelling is a tragedy in itself! Haven’t you got spell-check?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, CBDees said:

Oops, it's not the spelling, it's the dreaded 'g-skip' eyesight problem again, affecting finger accuracy on this cheap Chinese-made laptop computer. I suffer from this affliction as well. That, combined with arthritis, is another insurmountable barrier to spell-check activation at times. Sorry.

31 minutes ago, CBDees said:

Hee hee. Read what I quoted.

23 minutes ago, Deemania since 56 said:

Oops, it's not the spelling, it's the dreaded 'g-skip' eyesight problem again, affecting finger accuracy on this cheap Chinese-made laptop computer. I suffer from this affliction as well. That, combined with arthritis, is another insurmountable barrier to spell-check activation at times. Sorry.

S'ok. I'm just jesting. I like the buccaneer-cum-Shakespearean appearance of it.

3 hours ago, ding said:

I would love to see the detailed plans (if they exist) for the building in this proposal. Floorplan i mean.

It would have to be costing millions wouldnt it? With the proposal to dump pokies, that puts us already 10 million or so per year down on income. How on earth does the club expect to pay for it? Obviously, they have a plan or it wouldnt have even been announced. Anyone have some insight on funding, or will the club be back to begging for donations again?

I am pumped for this plan and hope like hell it comes to being. MFC hasnt had a place to call home for, well, forever. It would be great to see a shiny new multi-storey complex in a prominent position with our clubs name plastered all over it, wouldnt it ? (FFS now i am sounding like Bruce)

Make it happen MFC.

Pokies won't be ditched for another few years ding, enough time to rack up the required funds.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, whatwhatsaywhat said:

ultimately, getting this - or any other permanent 'home base' - in place by the start of the defining of the next broadcast rights deal is the test for the bartlett-pert regime

if we don't have a dedicated home in planning stage by the end of 2021 season we are in big trouble

I must confess....??

Can you expand on this... sounds interesting. Cheers

Sydney has a novel solution to a training base - put the oval in the middle of the Randwick Race Course!!!

"... the facility will also be used by the Swans NEAFL side, its academy as well as for junior participation".

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/afl-field-to-be-built-in-middle-of-royal-randwick-20180709-p4zqbi.html

The article doesn't say it, I would think the training oval will have the same dimensions as the MCG.  An MCG sized training oval seems to be the solution for i/state teams and teams to whom the MCG isn't their Home ground.

Its no mean feat to find create a training oval in the middle of inner Sydney.  Good on them for being innovative. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Sydney has a novel solution to a training base - put the oval in the middle of the Randwick Race Course!!!

"... the facility will also be used by the Swans NEAFL side, its academy as well as for junior participation".

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/afl-field-to-be-built-in-middle-of-royal-randwick-20180709-p4zqbi.html

The article doesn't say it, I would think the training oval will have the same dimensions as the MCG.  An MCG sized training oval seems to be the solution for i/state teams and teams to whom the MCG isn't their Home ground.

Its no mean feat to find create a training oval in the middle of inner Sydney.  Good on them for being innovative. 

Actually it does say it in the first sentence.   "An Australian rules field the size of the MCG could be built at Royal Randwick racecourse....."

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, It's Time said:

Actually it does say it in the first sentence.   "An Australian rules field the size of the MCG could be built at Royal Randwick racecourse....."

Gee I wonder if the Aquitania folks were consulted.

"And in shocking news this morning, irregularities were reported in the loading and unloading of the Swans team\. Heads will no doubt roll."

5 minutes ago, timbo said:

Gee I wonder if the Aquitania folks were consulted.

"And in shocking news this morning, irregularities were reported in the loading and unloading of the Swans team\. Heads will no doubt roll."

You mean RMS or Gallia

36 minutes ago, demonstone said:

A racecourse you say?   Wonder if Horse thought of it.

A horse is a horse, of course, of course, And no one can talk to a horse of course. That is, of course, unless the horse is the famous horse on the course of course. 

Edited by It's Time
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

On 7/6/2018 at 10:52 AM, CBDees said:

The toilets need to be right next to ground otherwise players have to make there way back to the railway area, losing time and disrupting the session. At Goschs Paddock they often squat in the long grass, which isn't a great look.

A space for gear needs to be close by as they often change into and out of boots or runners, plus having the phone and other personal stuff close by and secure.

Encouraging spectators who may not be members should also be encouraged. So having some "comforts" for them is only sensible if we are to grow our supporter base.

• Like 1