Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Training - Friday 6th December, 2013

Earl Hood

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go first try, old memory

Took photos of the rookies will be on my twitter tonight, forgot the lead to the camera ....damn

Ripper report from BF - Thanks JackAttack7:

DISCLAIMER: I'm on my phone so excuse typos.

Some ancient bloke who looks like a wizard with a Dumbledore style beard is talking to the draftees and taking photos with them. Just hope he doesn't turn them into frogs.

Did have a chuckle.

What a brilliant report from Roger, gonna make sure he goes to every training.. eccentric, I thought normal but then it's me,.but it's Gandalf I am aiming for, actually been told look like Leon Russell these days for all the music fans with taste

On Dawes spoke to him a couple of weeks ago, there is no rush, trying to get him cherry ripe for after Christmas, today him and Aiden Riley were heading off to use that strange treadmill that we saw Mitch Clark on last year, doesn't put full weight on.

Roos standing in the middle of the ground, watching over everyone. A silent guardian. A watchful protector. The Dark Knight.

Not too much of a crowd out here today. I don't know how you lot manage to do such great reports, the players all just look tiny to me!

I weigh about 60kg over 187cm and I think I might be bigger than JKH and Jayden Hunt. Kids are tiny!

Jesse Hogan's kicking for goal has been very sharp so far. If he can nail this, he'll be near faultless.

Mitch Clark looking very good. Hitting targets lace out and really being a leader out there. Very vocal, seems like he's everywhere.

Jack Watts dropped a mark. Immediately looked around to make sure no one saw. He looks just a tiny bit laconic to me, though maybe I'm being harsh.

Alex Georgiou is very well built.

They're doing a very odd exercise now where one player has the ball, lying on the ground, and another tries to rip it off him. It's a horizontal wrestle. Viney and N Jones look like they'd kill each other to get it.

Couple of supporters sitting on the sidelines yakking and having a gossip about Frank or Lucy or someone else from bridge/poker/bingo. Absolute pain.

Hogan is freaking enormous. Bigger than Clark, perhaps. Gets on well with the supporters.

There's a big focus on making passes and then running very hard to follow up your effort. Players are kicking off half back to very strong leads and then running to the goal square. Toump and Strauss making it look easy. Clisby impressive too, a very good overhead mark. Daniel Cross is very vocal, seems to be having a lot of fun.

Nathan Jokes slightly under kicks one. Forces himself to go back and start again, of his own volition. Great example.

There's a massive circuit going on. Every player doing the drill at various parts of the ground and moving between stations. A lot of movement. It's free flowing football, with a focus on the corridor. No sign of the Neeld boundary hogging.

Rehab group is Garland, Spencer, McKenzie, Tapscott, Byrnes, others I can't recognise from a distance, what looks like Jetta and ... Salem, who is rotating between rehab and the main group. No sign of Tyson or Dawes.

Vince is wearing a tank top. Looks huge. Hogan hits the ball so hard with his hands when he marks I'm afraid it might burst.

Salem doing 300m runs around the oval while everyone else is playing football hahaha.

There's a very exciting exercise going on to do with our kick out strategy. Far removed from the 'kick it to Jamar' of years gone past. Involves a kick from deep left back pocket to right half back, then a handball pass to a runner who either kicks it to the a bit right of the centre square or runs to a wing and passes in. Everyone then does a six man weave to half forward, hits a target, and keeps running. Very fast moving from goal to goal.

If Hogan and Hunt were in school together, Hogan would be a year 12 and Hunt would be his year 7 buddy. Serious case of the baby face, or Hogan just looks like a man child.

Other draftees having a laugh at Salem, who's still doing laps while they go off and sit in the shade. Salem practically begging and asking one of the fitness blokes "Am I done? Can I go do skills now?" Sounds like a kid at Auskick/under 9s training. Gets straight back into joining the main group while the other draftees head back to AAMI/rehab.

Gawn doing laps now. Making some good time. The earth sinks beneath his feet with every stride.

Salem is obviously being managed very carefully. Keeps separating from the main group to do a one-on-one handball/ground work drill. Back to running laps now. The look on his face is priceless. Gotta feel for the kid, doing what he's told but it's hilarious.

Group comes to a break. Chips sneaks off and has a kick on goals from 50. Misses the lot. Defenders rip into him - "Give it up mate!" He curses at them.

A few players wearing yellow vests, not sure what's happening.

Vests playing a half field game, I think.

Some ancient bloke who looks like a wizard with a Dumbledore style beard is talking to the draftees and taking photos with them. Just hope he doesn't turn them into frogs.

Dom Barry is in a vest. Needs to work on his endurance. Toumpas needs to work on physical strength and contested ball. Watts in the midfield is going to be such an asset. Finds space in the middle of packs and then hits targets 40m away on his left and right feet.

I definitely would not worry about Mitch Clark's foot. He's flying through the air. Reach and grab looks effortless, absolutely clunking marks.

Tapscott seems like a toppish bloke. Jordie, Spence, Gawn and Tapscott doing a ball drill using a rebound may on the sideline and they keep stopping to commentate the match simulation going on on the ground. Fairly hilarious.

Nicholson is looking very good. Dunn's disposal is precise.

Don't mean to brag but Spencer missed a pass and the ball rolled over to me. Kicked it back and for a 'Cheers mate' from Jordie.

Dunn v Hogan in the contests, Dunn winning easy. As soon as the ball falls to the ground the midfielders/smaller players try to rove it and kick a goal. Crossy, Vince and M Jones very good at this. Cross is filthy whenever he misses the goals.

Tappy a fan favourite for sure, very jovial with the supporters.

There's a few very young looking kids here, that I don't think are listed. One look suspiciously like Billy Stretch but I might have been seeing things. Another was having a wrestle with Roos, could be his son. Has been wearing a polo and helping with carrying balls, equipment, etc.

Finished off with a 50m beep test style running exercise for about 20 minutes. Tom McDonald the best here. Watts, Clark, M Jones and Hogan also standing out. Towards the end midfielders are starting to dominate, namely Nicho and Cross. Hogan now the best. Nothing this kid can't do. He's so quick even over shorter distances(20m-30m)

Clarkey just passed Rogers as top scorer for our first innings, setting me up for a nice pay day. Just thought I'd throw that in there.

Having a chat will Millzy and the other coaches, they're quietly very pleased with how the group is training.

That's a wrap! Nice day to be at training.

Happy to answer any player-specific questions or otherwise.

A very entertaining report. Kudos to you.

What a brilliant report from Roger, gonna make sure he goes to every training.. eccentric, I thought normal but then it's me,.but it's Gandalf I am aiming for, actually been told look like Leon Russell these days for all the music fans with taste

On Dawes spoke to him a couple of weeks ago, there is no rush, trying to get him cherry ripe for after Christmas, today him and Aiden Riley were heading off to use that strange treadmill that we saw Mitch Clark on last year, doesn't put full weight on

or is it only a 'Masquerade'?

Roos standing in the middle of the ground, watching over everyone. A silent guardian. A watchful protector. The Dark Knight.

Not too much of a crowd out here today. I don't know how you lot manage to do such great reports, the players all just look tiny to me!

I weigh about 60kg over 187cm and I think I might be bigger than JKH and Jayden Hunt. Kids are tiny!

Jesse Hogan's kicking for goal has been very sharp so far. If he can nail this, he'll be near faultless.

Mitch Clark looking very good. Hitting targets lace out and really being a leader out there. Very vocal, seems like he's everywhere.

Jack Watts dropped a mark. Immediately looked around to make sure no one saw. He looks just a tiny bit laconic to me, though maybe I'm being harsh.

Alex Georgiou is very well built.

They're doing a very odd exercise now where one player has the ball, lying on the ground, and another tries to rip it off him. It's a horizontal wrestle. Viney and N Jones look like they'd kill each other to get it.

Couple of supporters sitting on the sidelines yakking and having a gossip about Frank or Lucy or someone else from bridge/poker/bingo. Absolute pain.

Hogan is freaking enormous. Bigger than Clark, perhaps. Gets on well with the supporters.

There's a big focus on making passes and then running very hard to follow up your effort. Players are kicking off half back to very strong leads and then running to the goal square. Toump and Strauss making it look easy. Clisby impressive too, a very good overhead mark. Daniel Cross is very vocal, seems to be having a lot of fun.

Nathan Jokes slightly under kicks one. Forces himself to go back and start again, of his own volition. Great example.

There's a massive circuit going on. Every player doing the drill at various parts of the ground and moving between stations. A lot of movement. It's free flowing football, with a focus on the corridor. No sign of the Neeld boundary hogging.

Rehab group is Garland, Spencer, McKenzie, Tapscott, Byrnes, others I can't recognise from a distance, what looks like Jetta and ... Salem, who is rotating between rehab and the main group. No sign of Tyson or Dawes.

Vince is wearing a tank top. Looks huge. Hogan hits the ball so hard with his hands when he marks I'm afraid it might burst.

Salem doing 300m runs around the oval while everyone else is playing football hahaha.

There's a very exciting exercise going on to do with our kick out strategy. Far removed from the 'kick it to Jamar' of years gone past. Involves a kick from deep left back pocket to right half back, then a handball pass to a runner who either kicks it to the a bit right of the centre square or runs to a wing and passes in. Everyone then does a six man weave to half forward, hits a target, and keeps running. Very fast moving from goal to goal.

If Hogan and Hunt were in school together, Hogan would be a year 12 and Hunt would be his year 7 buddy. Serious case of the baby face, or Hogan just looks like a man child.

Other draftees having a laugh at Salem, who's still doing laps while they go off and sit in the shade. Salem practically begging and asking one of the fitness blokes "Am I done? Can I go do skills now?" Sounds like a kid at Auskick/under 9s training. Gets straight back into joining the main group while the other draftees head back to AAMI/rehab.

Gawn doing laps now. Making some good time. The earth sinks beneath his feet with every stride.

Salem is obviously being managed very carefully. Keeps separating from the main group to do a one-on-one handball/ground work drill. Back to running laps now. The look on his face is priceless. Gotta feel for the kid, doing what he's told but it's hilarious.

Group comes to a break. Chips sneaks off and has a kick on goals from 50. Misses the lot. Defenders rip into him - "Give it up mate!" He curses at them.

A few players wearing yellow vests, not sure what's happening.

Vests playing a half field game, I think.

Dom Barry is in a vest. Needs to work on his endurance. Toumpas needs to work on physical strength and contested ball. Watts in the midfield is going to be such an asset. Finds space in the middle of packs and then hits targets 40m away on his left and right feet.

I definitely would not worry about Mitch Clark's foot. He's flying through the air. Reach and grab looks effortless, absolutely clunking marks.

Tapscott seems like a toppish bloke. Jordie, Spence, Gawn and Tapscott doing a ball drill using a rebound may on the sideline and they keep stopping to commentate the match simulation going on on the ground. Fairly hilarious.

Nicholson is looking very good. Dunn's disposal is precise.

Don't mean to brag but Spencer missed a pass and the ball rolled over to me. Kicked it back and for a 'Cheers mate' from Jordie.

Dunn v Hogan in the contests, Dunn winning easy. As soon as the ball falls to the ground the midfielders/smaller players try to rove it and kick a goal. Crossy, Vince and M Jones very good at this. Cross is filthy whenever he misses the goals.

Tappy a fan favourite for sure, very jovial with the supporters.

There's a few very young looking kids here, that I don't think are listed. One look suspiciously like Billy Stretch but I might have been seeing things. Another was having a wrestle with Roos, could be his son. Has been wearing a polo and helping with carrying balls, equipment, etc.

Finished off with a 50m beep test style running exercise for about 20 minutes. Tom McDonald the best here. Watts, Clark, M Jones and Hogan also standing out. Towards the end midfielders are starting to dominate, namely Nicho and Cross. Hogan now the best. Nothing this kid can't do. He's so quick even over shorter distances(20m-30m)

Clarkey just passed Rogers as top scorer for our first innings, setting me up for a nice pay day. Just thought I'd throw that in there.

Having a chat will Millzy and the other coaches, they're quietly very pleased with how the group is training.

That's a wrap! Nice day to be at training.

Happy to answer any player-specific questions or otherwise.

Great report, I feel like I was there.

This post shows one of the real benefits of Demonland.

Here is another Big Footy Quote from tasmanlvr this time:
Started off with a bit of stretching.
Jamar, Kent, Riley, Blease watching on. Not sure if they are training. In fact, Riley and Kent have left. Jamar on the sidelines stretching. Then he and Blease run laps. Also in a concerning sign Grimes is not doing physical contact work and isn't moving particularly well. (proved to be a false alarm. Good news.)
Rehab list is long. Jetta, Byrnes, Garland, McKenzie, Gawn, Spencer, Tapscott. Salem joins them. Think he needs a bit of gym work IMO. McDonald, Trengove and Strauss not participating in main group, instead doing run and carry exercises.
Main group are focusing on stoppage work with some decent tackles laid.
More stretching followed. Short runthroughs were also a focus.
Some good news - by the looks of things Michie has joined the main group since I've last seen them. Hunt, JKH training. Haven't recognized any of the rookies yet (no epic Mr Bean face from Georgiou today, then clear.png)
Short kicks a focus too.
Wayne Campbell spotted, was only here briefly á la Brad Green last week. Opposition coaches watching? Fear?
Forwards/mids/defenders split. Keep a tab on this: Rohan Bail training with the forward group. Max King with them. Very raw. Needs to kick longer too.
JKH looks sooooooooooooooo good out on the track. #PutJKHIn
Westrupp with the forward group too. Misses a simple 20m kick to JKH. Still some way off it.
James Harmes here too. Good to see a Melbourne supporter doing what I'm not and getting a gig on the list.
Inside 50s drill - delivery a massive focus.
MR BEAN IS HERE YES YES YES. His kicking is as awkward as the leg room in his Mini. No signs of his little bear yet. Maybe we can acquire a supplementary list position for it.
Grappling activities followed.
Full ground drill with emphasis on quick ball movement. Fitzy calling out for the footy is brilliant. Cross oozes class. And how about this combo for a quick handball - Toumpas2Viney! Roos urging the boys on BIG TIME!!! King looks decent. Has some speed on him but again he needs to work on his kicking. Viney looking good. Still astounds me how deceptively quick he is given his muscle mass.
Grapple tackle drill - Watts had Roosy!!!
Slingshot footy drill - SKILLS ARE UP!!! Players ran a 300 afterward. Gawn running 300s too, as is Salem.
Some quick shots at goal. Hilarious moments as always.
Georgiou, JKH, Hunt, Harmes, King and Salem went undercover for a rest. Misson working with them.
Rest of the group doing pressure drills. Group implored not to stop.
Kick in/defensive structure drills. Good news - kick ins weren't a kick in hope to Jamar!
Kicking structure a focus too. Watts looks good.
Tyler Roos is here and helping out.
Goalkicking drill followed - focusing on a burst inside 50 and goal from 35 out.
Did some running afterwards but had to go - going back home to get ready for Muse at Rod Laver tonight!

ooopppss so Roger did, must read all of it, instead of just skipping to interesting bit....it is Jack Attack who is the eccentric one.........don't read BF, even worse than here on a bad day

The Melbourne board on BigFooty is actually quite good. Less depressed than Demonland.

Just on Tyler Roos, wouldnt hurt if the old man if let him train with the boys to help further his development in the up coming TAC season?

Would he be permitted? Unfortunately there'd be a whole lot of insurance and/or legal stuff in the way is my guess. Have to get AFL approval first.

Just on Tyler Roos, wouldnt hurt if the old man if let him train with the boys to help further his development in the up coming TAC season?

is he any good? What TAC team is he playing for?

Anyway the AFL would likely not allow it. Plus it might not suit his development and hinder the club for no gain. Mixing him with AFL players and training in his current role (?ball boy) sounds reasonable to me

The Melbourne board on BigFooty is actually quite good. Less depressed than Demonland.

More delusional?

rpfc - are you implying that only delusion could prevent a Demon fan from being depressed? :-) or :-( maybe

Just trying to identify who wrote this. Anyone know the name of any supermodels who support the Demons? Must have the lowest body mass index of any supporter ever.