Axis of Bob

Melbourne

Backs: J. Frawley, N.Carroll, D.Bell

Half backs: P.Wheatley, J.Rivers, C.Bruce

Centreline: B.Green, B.McLean, C.Bartram

Half forwards: C. Morton, R.Robertson, C. Sylvia

Forwards: A.Davey, B.Miller, A.Wonaeamirri

Followers: J.White, J.McDonald, N.Jones

Interchange from: M.Bate, S.Buckley, L.Dunn, C.Garland, M.Jamar, B.Moloney, M.Warnock

Ins: Miller Garland Bate Buckley

Out: Neitz Whelan

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bate is the only must have in the extended bench. Maybe Jamar considering our ruck problems...

Moloney would be next in line, though busy he had discipline problems. Not a definite...

Dunn may benefit from both Miller and Bate being in. So I'd like him retained...

Would love to see Buckley get another game, and Garland was apparently BOG so either could get in... But Warnock... Well, he may get the gig given our worrying KP defender problem, but it will be a waste of time...

Melbourne

Interchange from: M.Bate, S.Buckley, L.Dunn, C.Garland, M.Jamar, B.Moloney, M.Warnock

is this official??

from that IC I would say Buckley, Garland and Warnock to miss

LOL @ Miller straight into the team and name at FF

Its round 6 - this is the deadline given by Bailey to the current crop who have had a pathetic start to the season.

After this week, I never want to see the names of Jamar and Miller in the team ever again. And Maric and Valenti better be in the team next week.

Its round 6 - this is the deadline given by Bailey to the current crop who have had a pathetic start to the season.

After this week, I never want to see the names of Jamar and Miller in the team ever again. And Maric and Valenti better be in the team next week.

Week 7 it all happens....Lest we become the Manyana Football Club

Lets give credit where credit is due ... Brad Miller (who I absolutely think is in the top 3 SHITTEST players on this list) has actually been one of the only forwards to present this year. While his decision making is utterly woeful, his disposal has been good and at least he runs hard to position.

Like I said, I don't rate him at all, but I think he's been surprisingly good this year.

The In's are ok, if Warnock or Garland gets a game I think I'll be physically sick.

Lets give credit where credit is due ... Brad Miller (who I absolutely think is in the top 3 SHITTEST players on this list) has actually been one of the only forwards to present this year. While his decision making is utterly woeful, his disposal has been good and at least he runs hard to position.

Like I said, I don't rate him at all, but I think he's been surprisingly good this year.

The In's are ok, if Warnock or Garland gets a game I think I'll be physically sick.

correct weight, that's been our biggest problem, no options presenting across half forward... miller has been reasonable in this area, especially in his last game against north...

Melbourne

If someone would have read me this team before the season, i would'v actually said that it looks reaonably strong.

it is simply amazing how downhill some of our players have gone from previous seasons.

Moloney, Robbo, Green, Bruce, JMac, Carrol and co just look half the players they used to be.

Bate is a must. I wouldn't mind seeing a bench of Bate, Buckley, Dunn and Garland.

Moloney just isn't right, Warnock and Jamar are dump.

Screw it why not just play Garland. Maybe getting some games into him could fast-track his development. it couldn't hurt after all, we couldn't do much worse...and he is clearly a cut above Sandy.

Completely understand your frustration and I hope they move them on as well but...

I think that deadline may be used for the 26 year olds and up that Green, Bruce, Carroll, Wheatley, Whelan, White, McDonald, Robertson make up.

With that said, who do you realistically drop to Sandy or retire; Green (No), Bruce (No), Carroll (Hard to do - ok at FB this year), Wheatley (Hard to do - ok off HBF this year), Whelan (Yes to both), White (Yes to retire), McDonald (No), and Robertson (Hard to do - Contracted next year).

So Whelan and White possibly to retire (and one of them is currently susp. for a week) - That is hardly the clean out that we all expect.

Personally, I believe this deadline will come and go with the MFC with no wins and no change.

But if they are tough and ruthless, like they should be, these players should go: Carroll, Wheatley, Whelan, White, Jamar, and Miller. Robertson (because he'll be here in '09, Bruce and Green (both for trade week) should remain.

Completely understand your frustration and I hope they move them on as well but...

I think that deadline may be used for the 26 year olds and up that Green, Bruce, Carroll, Wheatley, Whelan, White, McDonald, Robertson make up.

With that said, who do you realistically drop to Sandy or retire; Green (No), Bruce (No), Carroll (Hard to do - ok at FB this year), Wheatley (Hard to do - ok off HBF this year), Whelan (Yes to both), White (Yes to retire), McDonald (No), and Robertson (Hard to do - Contracted next year).

So Whelan and White possibly to retire (and one of them is currently susp. for a week) - That is hardly the clean out that we all expect.

Personally, I believe this deadline will come and go with the MFC with no wins and no change.

But if they are tough and ruthless, like they should be, these players should go: Carroll, Wheatley, Whelan, White, Jamar, and Miller. Robertson (because he'll be here in '09, Bruce and Green (both for trade week) should remain.

u live in a fantasy world

BRISBANE LIONS

B: Michael Rischitelli, Daniel Merrett, Jared Brennan

HB: Joel Macdonald, Joel Patfull, Cheynee Stiller

C: Jed Adcock, Travis Johnstone, Anthony Corrie

HF: Rhan Hooper, Jonathan Brown, Tim Notting

F: Justin Sherman, Daniel Bradshaw, Matthew Leuenberger

Foll: Jamie Charman , Simon Black, Luke Power

I/C (from): Tom Collier, Robert Copeland, Bradd Dalziell, Scott Harding, Lachlan Henderson , James Polkinghorne, Troy Selwood

In: Collier, Dalziell, Harding, Henderson, Polkinghorne

Out: Colm Begley (quad), Ashley McGrath

New: Tom Collier (Tassie Mariners), James Polkinghorne (Calder Cannons), Bradd Dalziell (East Fremantle)

wow they dropped macgrath, he is a dangerous player

Wheatley is the only one out of them we're likely to see at Sandy unless injury or suspension hits and they make their way back through the VFL.

Whether supporters like it or not all those players are "must haves" so to speak.

After watching the highlights just now, i thought we did alright... if it wasnt for fevola sealing goals in the end and our 14th behind then that 4th QTR could've been game on... well not quiet it was under 2 minutes so impossible for a team to kick 4 goals under two minutes :wacko:. and Melbourne should really concentrate on kicking goals very early not late cos i would be very red faced if we went into QTR time with nothing on the board.

Anyways on to this week game

If nathan carroll can restrict Daniel bradshaw 2-3 goals we may be in for a chance- but i doubt it he will be unstoppable along with Jonathan brown...

EDIT: and dont forget we could've easily won that game if monloney didnt give away that 50m Penalty and the blues 7 unanswered goals!

I do...

But I like my world. It rains white chocolate maltesers and Tibet is a thriving theocracy.

And Melbourne's half decent...

you know you're a melbourne supporter when: your fantasy world onvolves the mfc see being competitive, and says nothing about them winning a flag ;)

MELBOURNE

B: James Frawley, Nathan Carroll, Daniel Bell

HB: Paul Wheatley, Jared Rivers, Cameron Bruce

C: Brad Green, Brock McLean, Clint Bartram

HF: Cale Morton, Russell Robertson, Colin Sylvia

F: Aaron Davey, Brad Miller, Austin Wonaeamirri

Foll: Jeff White, James McDonald, Nathan Jones

I/C: Lyden Dunn, Colin Garland, Mark Jamar, Brent Moloney

EMG: Matthew Warnock, Matthew Bate, Simon Buckley

In: Garland, Miller

Out: Whelan (suspended), Neitz (neck)

i'm lost for words..............was certain Bate would be back.

This is confusing, if Bate is OK then play him, if he's not then why put him down as an emergency? If they want to give him a run in the VFL then be done with it. Doesn't make any sense.