If you dont agree with these statements, then go follow another team

Yze_Magic

- Cameron Bruce is soft and overpaid and must be traded at the end of the year, preferably for a top 20 pick. You cant run around getting cheap kicks, and play two good games a year on Brad Johnson while being ion 500K. A shining exanple of why our club is up [censored] creek. (In VFL/AFL history, has there ever been a 28 year old with 160 games that has failed to lay one hip and shoulder or do something physical? I doubt it)

- Brad Miller has no place in a Demon jumper. Leading up the ground and taking a few uncontested grabs in another 10 goal loss is not cause for optimism. Wake up and realise this.

- Colin Sylvia is a gun, and one of the few players on the list than can use the footy. Has great foot skills, and is a great overhead grab. If the coaches finally give him a spot to settle, he will dominate.

- Nathan Carroll , despite being a [censored], is actually a pretty good footballer. BUT he is not good enough to be the main man at full back. If he was our 3rd defensive option he would have a field day and be a damaging player for us. Bottom line is we need a full back, and if Frawley was any good he would be in the side. We are in trouble.

- Chris Johnson has no potential, no future and simply cant play the game. If you want evidence, watch when he took the advantage and played on, then had no idea what to do with the footy. Instead of drilling a goal from 40, he kicked it straight to a Kanga. Out of his depth.

- We have unearthed two future superstars in Cale Morton and Austin Wonemarri, who look like the second coming of Hird and Pickett. I know real talent when I see it. So while you people cream yourself over some very average players, I will continue to spot the gems.

- Daniel Bell is not very good. I had high hopes for Belly. He has been around long anough now to be a backline general, and calm the troops in times of trouble. At one stage he even looked like a future All-Australian. But he has not improved his poor awareness, and its probably something that will never change. Damn shame.

- Nathan Jones has a dip, but has a very slow footy brain. Gets caught to easily, take way too long to dispose of the footy. Probably wont ever become an A-grade midfielder.

- We have more rubbish players on our list than any other team, besides maybe Carlton. Miller, Jamar, C.Johnson, Warnock, Garland. Off the top of my head.

- Dean Bailey will be a great coach, and we will be good again once he builds the list he wants. It will take another couple of draft/trade periods, but he will get it right and we will be much better off than with any list we had in the Daniher era. We will even see some key position players in the ranks, thank God.

- Our ruck position is in dire straits. White is finished. Jamar is a dud. PJ is not a ruckman, depite his great work aroud the ground. Meesen is in the wilderness, and is more of a PJ type player anyway. And to look at Brisbane and see their 1-2 punch of Leunberger-Charman. We are a long way behind a few teams in this critical area.

Now love me or hate me, everything I say is true. if you dont agree with the above, you should toughen up or find another sport to follow. I am sick of the fake positivity that some people spew out on this website.

How about dealing in facts for once, and open your eyes. It may be enlightening for you.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My only concern is I think youre a tad over optimistic regarding Sylvia. Apply your own uncompromising litmus test to him and he's no better. As to the rest..its a sad commnetary isnt it.

There are some genuine lights at the end of the tunnel but will require time and utter uncompromising reality come years end. Very interested to see what teh hyped end of round 6 decisions are.

- Cameron Bruce is soft and overpaid and must be traded at the end of the year, preferably for a top 20 pick. You cant run around getting cheap kicks, and play two good games a year on Brad Johnson while being ion 500K. A shining exanple of why our club is up [censored] creek. (In VFL/AFL history, has there ever been a 28 year old with 160 games that has failed to lay one hip and shoulder or do something physical? I doubt it)

Agree he is soft and overpaid, but there is no doubt he has a good football brain and skill. I would trade him and I think we could get a top 10 pick for him.

- Brad Miller has no place in a Demon jumper. Leading up the ground and taking a few uncontested grabs in another 10 goal loss is not cause for optimism. Wake up and realise this.

I guess that's a bit of a wake-up call. But he has been good the last weeks.

- Colin Sylvia is a gun, and one of the few players on the list than can use the footy. Has great foot skills, and is a great overhead grab. If the coaches finally give him a spot to settle, he will dominate.

I agree, though I think he is arrogant and up himself. Needs to really show his worth in the next few weeks.

- Nathan Carroll , despite being a [censored], is actually a pretty good footballer. BUT he is not good enough to be the main man at full back. If he was our 3rd defensive option he would have a field day and be a damaging player for us. Bottom line is we need a full back, and if Frawley was any good he would be in the side. We are in trouble.

He's the type of player every team needs. Better then Nicolson was and a good back-up to Rivers imo

- Chris Johnson has no potential, no future and simply cant play the game. If you want evidence, watch when he took the advantage and played on, then had no idea what to do with the footy. Instead of drilling a goal from 40, he kicked it straight to a Kanga. Out of his depth.

Agreed. Worst player on our list.

- We have unearthed two future superstars in Cale Morton and Austin Wonemarri, who look like the second coming of Hird and Pickett. I know real talent when I see it. So while you people cream yourself over some very average players, I will continue to spot the gems.

If Morton doesn't put on at least 70 kgs soon, he will continue to make replay showings of him dropping the ball after being tackled or being liften off the ground and thrown to the Hilton. Austin is a gun and reminds of Davey in his first year, albeit not quite as exciting.

- Daniel Bell is not very good. I had high hopes for Belly. He has been around long anough now to be a backline general, and calm the troops in times of trouble. At one stage he even looked like a future All-Australian. But he has not improved his poor awareness, and its probably something that will never change. Damn shame.

Agreed. Has the determination and skill, but absolutely no football brain.

- Nathan Jones has a dip, but has a very slow footy brain. Gets caught to easily, take way too long to dispose of the footy. Probably wont ever become an A-grade midfielder.

Sadly, I agree. He's another James McDonald. Will become 200+ game player for Melbourne.

- We have more rubbish players on our list than any other team, besides maybe Carlton. Miller, Jamar, C.Johnson, Warnock, Garland. Off the top of my head.

Any team that still pays a Cloak brother takes the cake.

- Dean Bailey will be a great coach, and we will be good again once he builds the list he wants. It will take another couple of draft/trade periods, but he will get it right and we will be much better off than with any list we had in the Daniher era. We will even see some key position players in the ranks, thank God.

Only time will tell.

- Our ruck position is in dire straits. White is finished. Jamar is a dud. PJ is not a ruckman, depite his great work aroud the ground. Meesen is in the wilderness, and is more of a PJ type player anyway. And to look at Brisbane and see their 1-2 punch of Leunberger-Charman. We are a long way behind a few teams in this critical area.

I think we're OK. Jamar is a great tap ruckman, but a terrible footballer. PJ is good up forward and to take the ruck in that area. Don't know anything about how Meeson plays yet.

chris johnson wasn't too bad yesterday i thought? besides that muck up he did other then that i thought his kicking was good.. but by good mark jamar is effin useless!! he actually didn't kick the ball yesterday he is that bad!! 8 handballs was all he got!

My only concern is I think youre a tad over optimistic regarding Sylvia. Apply your own uncompromising litmus test to him and he's no better. As to the rest..its a sad commnetary isnt it.

There are some genuine lights at the end of the tunnel but will require time and utter uncompromising reality come years end. Very interested to see what teh hyped end of round 6 decisions are.

:lol: Do you post on bigfooty? Y_M's comments on BF about Sylvia after he was drafted are still talked about to this day. Y_M talked him up to be the next messiah before he had played but sadly Sylvia had just the one handball in his first game, heh, was bloody funny at the time.

Second coming of Hird and pickett???? WOW,you must be SOME SORT of football scout to be able to see that after a few games. Have you considered being a professional football scout?

Ripping on Daneil Bell has to stop. How we all can turn against a player so quickly. Bell is not our best backman, but he will be on our list because he can cut it at this level. You can tell me to follow another club if you like, I am sure the MFC will be rapped when I stop renweing my longstanding MFC membership.

chris johnson wasn't too bad yesterday i thought? besides that muck up he did other then that i thought his kicking was good.. but by good mark jamar is effin useless!! he actually didn't kick the ball yesterday he is that bad!! 8 handballs was all he got!

i was dissapointed...in the last quarter when the ball bounced pass carroll he just stood there and did not try to smother or tackle nathan thompson he just stood there...AND WHEN U ARE RUNNING INTO GOAL FROM 40 OUT WITH SPACE, HAVE A SHOT

It's hard to take hard tack statements from a barracker... a follower. A couple of weeks ago it was YOU who threatened to never again buy a membership. After two abysmal performances, what a pathetic little hissy fit that was. You don't read the game with clarity, your not a prophet, your the worst type... a barracker. Who the hell are you, as a non-member to lay down the law to the rest of us?

blah...blah...

How about dealing in facts for once, and open your eyes. It may be enlightening for you.

These are not facts, just opinions. Some I agree with, some I don't.

And you don't set the conditions for supporting the MFC.

He's looked better across HBF. And i can name a few incidents where he's been physical, albeit way back in 2002!

Average footballer, most around here know this, he has looked better in his last few matches but these are in losses.

Not sold on him and considering how harsh you're being on other players i'm surprised you're letting him off the hook so easily. If he gets his attitude right, we may have the player you see.

Well put, he should not be our first choice FB, he must be due to our lack of quality KPP.

I have never seen anything of him to make me think he'll make it as a player, hell be an excellent VFL player, nothing more.

Love the look of Morton, Aussie i'm not convinced on but i am optimistic about it.

Endeavor's there, he'll be around for a while. Not much we can do about it.

He's got something many on our team don't have, heart. He'll be our new Jmac for the next 10 years.

Agree.

Agree.

Not all the best teams have had dominating, just one's that can hold their own. If we get a good enough midfield, this will not matter as much.

Now love me or hate me, everything I say is true. if you dont agree with the above, you should toughen up or find another sport to follow.

Just because you say it, doesn't make it true or fact. You have an opinion, nothing more, nothing less. I don't agree with you, many here won't, i'm gonna follow the Dees until the end of existence, i don't need need to toughen up because i don't have to agree with you to follow the MFC.

A bloke of Y-M's obvious talents, should look for a job as a list manager at an AFL club. Collingwood would be a good fit!

Y_M, I used to enjoy reading your posts. But I find myself starting to get sick of the constant show-boating. Your ego has really come to the fore this year, and it does not make for enjoyable reading at all.

You don't actually watch Melbourne games I've decided. Based on your assessments of Bruce and Sylvia especially.

Bruce is a player who has captained his side, been positioned countless times in the club's top 5 in the B & F, and has represented Australia in the International Rules. A player who gets the most out of himself.

Sylvia is a number 3 draft pick who, in 50 or so games, has done nothing to vindicate the club's selecting him. He (like yourself) is arrogant and believes he will make it to the top without any work being done. A player who will never get the most out of himself.

I know which player I'd have in my team first, and it isn't Sylvia.

Name me one game in Colin Sylvias career when he's been named in the best three on the ground. This from a top 3 draft pick. He had 11 posessions in the junk-time last quarter yesterday. to make his stats look respectable, and his efforts to fly for a one handed mark late instead of punching the ball that resulted directly in a goal show he's not a backmans a$$hole either. What a pathetic waste of a top 3 draft pick!

How dare you say I should support another team because I do not agree with you. Everyone has a right to my opinion and despite my total disbelief with some of your statements I would never say you should follow another team. In fact you should be encouraging supporters in the current environment. Your comments are nothing but damaging to this team and supporters. I think Bruce is likely to finish in the top 5 in the best and fairest this year based on current form.

Our next captain is Bruce, like it or not. If you are not comfortable with this then you should STILL follow this team, but better still join up as a member. Hearing you are not a member of the club disappoints me more than watching the MFC at the moment.

Ps. I am not convincedabout Austin yet despite me giving him votes yesterday. He seems a bit slow to me but I will reserve judgement.

How dare you say I should support another team because I do not agree with you. Everyone has a right to my opinion and despite my total disbelief with some of your statements I would never say you should follow another team. In fact you should be encouraging supporters in the current environment. Your comments are nothing but damaging to this team and supporters. I think Bruce is likely to finish in the top 5 in the best and fairest this year based on current form.

Our next captain is Bruce, like it or not. If you are not comfortable with this then you should STILL follow this team, but better still join up as a member. Hearing you are not a member of the club disappoints me more than watching the MFC at the moment.

Ps. I am not convincedabout Austin yet despite me giving him votes yesterday. He seems a bit slow to me but I will reserve judgement.

Everyone has a right to my opinion???????????????????????????????????? :lol:

Our next captain is Bruce, like it or not. :huh: NO THANKS!

Oh wise one, if Bruce is everything you say he is, soft, overpaid and basically useless on what basis do you think we would be able to trade a top 20 pick for him.

And Wona looks like pickett, in his last year. Slow and overweight. The number of times the ball went past him and he failed to put an effort in was amazing.

Now love me or hate me, everything I say is true. if you dont agree with the above, you should toughen up or find another sport to follow. I am sick of the fake positivity that some people spew out on this website.

Like I said before, when you lie you have to be good.

You sniffled out last time because of daylight saving ending and CLAIMING you were at the game

BUT

Yesterday your first post was at 4.48PM

You WEAK LITTLE SNIFFLER how are you going to get out of this one?

Sitting on your laptop getting kicks from bagging players who have more guts and brains in their little fingers than

you have in your entire body.

Keep your word LIAR!!!

You said you were gone

For all our sakes

GOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

you talk so much shi* Yze Magic...

- We have unearthed two future superstars in Cale Morton and Austin Wonemarri, who look like the second coming of Hird and Pickett. I know real talent when I see it. So while you people cream yourself over some very average players, I will continue to spot the gems...

...if you dont agree with the above, you should toughen up or find another sport to follow. I am sick of the fake positivity that some people spew out on this website.

wow, you must be pleased with yourself for plucking cale morton out of nowhere. amazing how you have such an eye for talent, considering he was picked as low as number four in the draft. you should be a recruiter.

how could you say that bailey will be better than daniher ever was. daniher made a list reach the grand final and 6 finals series. Bailey has lost by a total of 380 odd points. provide evidence that bailey is better, then i will agree with you. and don't say that bailey has to rebuild and daniher didn't because then u would be forgetting the shithouse position that neil balme left us in.

so much for telling other supporters to stop being optomistic, those two comments are the perferct example of over optimism.

Maybe you should quit your job as the jizzmop at Club X and become a full-time recruiter.

Maybe you should quit your job as the jizzmop at Club X and become a full-time recruiter.

Obviously why he was not at the game yesterday.

Well spotted!

When they have their breaks MAGIC leaves IT!!! alone and gets on his Laptop.

Has probably not ttended a live game in Yonks.