PREGAME: Rd 17 vs West Coast

Demonland

On 29/06/2024 at 20:00, samcantstandya said:

Thought Langdon could've won it for us, but again he is a terrible shot for goal when he is on the run. He has no composure. Petty kept veering left with his shots on goal. Please get KPF like Roo who take their time to line up and don't toss the ball up as the walk in for a set shot.

Petty also goes for height in the kicking action, where verticality is critical to getting the ball past the man on the mark without 'touching'. There is a subsequent lack of direction in the resulting kick, peeling off to one side of the intended direction - (result = missed goal). Whilst often regarded as 'excessive', the run-up of Brown counters this problem of 'too short a run-up, too close to the man on the mark at the delivery point off the foot'. In other words, Petty (and several other forwards) need to immediately extend their run-ups on set shots (from marks and frees) so that their contacts of the ball with the foot is well before the man on the mark, so that less emphasis is on the 'immediate vertical'  and more on the 40 -50 degree line of flight so that the rising ball is markedly clear of the man-on-the-mark but not too 'suddenly vertical' because it was necessary to 'clear' such an opponent with such a critical proximity. With the subtle application of reasonable force in the kicking action, combined with an improved distance of a longer run-up for a 'clear' kicking point well-short of the opponent, so that the flight of the ball (for direction) is controlled, less likely  to sway in the breezes or lose momentum, left or right, missing the the big sticks zone at the goal line. Summation: take a walk to a point where you can select a kicking spot well-short of the man on the mark, and kick firmly through the ball (follow-through) to control improve direction.

• Like 2

Can someone explain something to me.

I am trying to get a ticket for my daughter to attend her first game. It's supposed to be free for kids.. but I am still being charged a processing fee.

Is this right? Is there another way to get a ticket and avoid the fee? I know it's only $3 but seems so pointless.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Eagles will fancy themselves. Reid will fancy again being a 19 year old bullying players nearly 10 years more mature.  Dees have to be ruthless. Hard to imagine.  This has to be a 8+ goal win. Otherwise it’s poor.  We have to hammer them.  

Against Bris we won tackle count by 18 with 7 more tackles inside 50, we had 12 more 1%ers, +14 contested possession. On our home turf we take this. 

Edited by MrFreeze
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Young Angus said:

We need to play like we did against Brisbane and then some, don't run out of puff in last quarter.

Oh, and kick straight from easy set shots people who are meant to be playing as forwards, that will help.

I watched a bit of Eagles vs Hawks.

The Eagles pretty much packed their bags at half time and went home. They were pathetic.

If we can’t run with those guys we should sack every HP coach we have.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, praha said:

Can someone explain something to me.

I am trying to get a ticket for my daughter to attend her first game. It's supposed to be free for kids.. but I am still being charged a processing fee.

Is this right? Is there another way to get a ticket and avoid the fee? I know it's only $3 but seems so pointless.

maybe just turn up and get a ticket at the ground?  if they are free, why do they even need a ticket?

Hope we get a win

1 hour ago, DubDee said:

maybe just turn up and get a ticket at the ground?  if they are free, why do they even need a ticket?

Hope we get a win

It surely will not be a sold out event,  I get to the Essendon game and that likewise will be a walk up

Go Dees two wins in a row please

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JJJ said:

I watched a bit of Eagles vs Hawks.

The Eagles pretty much packed their bags at half time and went home. They were pathetic.

If we can’t run with those guys we should sack every HP coach we have.

The Eagles kindly played their GF against us (we don't help by being soft as butter the whole day), and have been smashed by everyone since. 

3 minutes ago, binman said:

We broke the Eagles!

:jakovich:

Well I am certainly looking forward to reaping the benefits of that this week so we can roll forward some momentum into the game against the Bombers so we can take down a current top 4 side (and beating those mugs is one of my favourite pastimes) 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

In: Salem, Bowey

Out: Tomlinson, K.Brown

B: Lever, May, McVee

HB: Moniz-Wakefield, McDonald, Salem

C: Windsor, Rivers, Langdon

HF: Tholstrup, Petty, Neal-Bullen

F: Fritsch, van Rooyen, Pickett

FOLL: Gawn, Oliver, Viney

IC: Bowey, Sparrow, Turner, Chandler

SUB: Woewodin

EMERG: Laurie, Jefferson, Howes

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, WERRIDEE said:

In: Salem, Bowey

Out: Tomlinson, K.Brown

B: Lever, May, McVee

HB: Moniz-Wakefield, McDonald, Salem

C: Windsor, Rivers, Langdon

HF: Tholstrup, Petty, Neal-Bullen

F: Fritsch, van Rooyen, Pickett

FOLL: Gawn, Oliver, Viney

IC: Bowey, Sparrow, Turner, Chandler

SUB: Woewodin

EMERG: Laurie, Jefferson, Howes

They won’t. But I really wish they’d make Bowey come back via Casey. I feel we have stalled his development by rushing him back to the big league at all costs. 

Eagles will come out breathing fire. That was the most insipid of performances yesterday with a decent team. Reid & Kelly will be better for the run. Understandably it was a difficult day for Yeo. No doubt they will come at us. No big win here . Just over a month ago they touched us up. Our team is young so form will fluctuate.  Need to be at our best.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

This will be Jayden’s 150th game and of course it has to be against us 😢

Glad it is. Means I get to see it.

Well done Jayden. Always one of us!

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Whilst the ladder says we're in the hunt for finals right now,  If we drop this game, it will be absolutely season over and players that need any surgeries should be operated on now in order to for this club to have its best pre season in its history, to make up for one of its worst just gone.

And West Coast will unfortunately come in with natural response after one of its regulation stinkers that they so often dish up.

However, if we bring in Goody's favourite two words - contest and defence, have a healthy quarter time lead and go at least 50% accuracy then we should win this game with no issues. 

• Like 1