NON-MFC: Round 14

1 minute ago, Moonshadow said:

Can you not see the irony of what you are writing on the "NON-MFC thread"?

Get help, please. I'm concerned for you

Yet it’s ok to put sch!tt on our own team in this thread???

Rhetorical question right there.

Like I said, get used to it. 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Jumping Jack Clennett said:

Collingwood seemed to get a lot of goals from free kicks.

It's amazing isn't it, how many games they've won under a goal or two. I'd say it's well above any statistical  average through out a long period of time. There are so many random occurrences in a game AFL you would think it would at least start to even up at some stage, no matter how much you train for close finishes. The game is so random, you have the bounce of the ball, an unexpected fumble/miskick or two, not to mention umpiring decisions. Come to think of it maybe the umpiring decisions aren't so random.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

I absolutely hate Collingwood, but since they’ve sacked Buckley and booted McGuire they have not put a foot wrong. They’ve brought in the best head coach in waiting, grabbed some of the best assistant coaches out there, and have made really smart decisions with their recruiting. I’m not sure if it’s all of Graham Wright’s doing, but there Footy dept seems to be head and shoulders above the competition. To not lie down after being 54pts is very admirable and they’re probably the most reliable team now over the last 3 years. I absolutely hate it but it’s the painful truth.

Edited by At the break of Gawn
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, loges said:

It's amazing isn't it, how many games they've won under a goal or two. I'd say it's well above any statistical  average through out a long period of time. There are so many random occurrences in a game AFL you would think it would at least start to even up at some stage, no matter how much you train for close finishes. The game is so random, you have the bounce of the ball, an unexpected fumble/miskick or two, not to mention umpiring decisions. Come to think of it maybe the umpiring decisions aren't so random.

In the last minute two frees to Norf were missed, a 50 metre penalty was missed. A hack kick out of defence by Collingwood went straight a Collingwood player. Two shots at goal by north within comfortable range were missed. Seems to happen all the time. Umpires and luck always goes with them. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, sue said:

No extra technology was needed in this case. Just some old-fashioned honesty.  Did the TV commentators even say anything when it was replayed?

Not a thing

• Like 2
  • Angry 1

4 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Yes there is that too. All these Commentators are employed under the “AFL” umbrella, so they are not going to rock the Gravy Train too much. 
Whateley goes harder than most, but even he is not going to jeopardise his job

Ask Dale Lewis how it goes when you speak out against the AFL.....

• Like 2
  • Clap 2

26 minutes ago, John Crow Batty said:

In the last minute two frees to Norf were missed, a 50 metre penalty was missed. A hack kick out of defence by Collingwood went straight a Collingwood player. Two shots at goal by north within comfortable range were missed. Seems to happen all the time. Umpires and luck always goes with them. 

In the last few minutes, there was a North player leading in an open chase for the ball heading towards their half forward line.

The chasing pies player just blatantly pushed him in the back sending him sprawling.

Two pies player's just scooped the ball up and took it forward.

Pushing in the back is rapidly disappearing as a free kick as well.

• Like 5
  • Angry 1

1 minute ago, Brownie said:

In the last few minutes, there was a North player leading in an open chase for the ball heading towards their half forward line.

The chasing pies player just blatantly pushed him in the back sending him sprawling.

Two pies player's just scooped the ball up and took it forward.

Pushing in the back is rapidly disappearing as a free kick as well.

There are some players who get the softest free kicks ... e.g. Curnow.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

You can stop waiting. I’m done pleading with you to ease up on the relentless bagging of the Club, publicly as well as privately and in every thread. I’ve wasted so much time already. Because that’s all this is… a waste of time.

I thought you were thick and didn’t understand why I was upset. Now I see that you DO understand but you’re gonna go ahead and continue doing it regardless.

You see, it DOES matter where comments are made. I (at first, politely) requested that we leave off bagging the MFC in this NON-MFC thread. I think that’s a fair request. Clearly, you don’t.

And to think I went in to bat for you when you were banned from DL. I practically begged the mods to give you another chance. The irony… you’ll be the reason I eventually bail. 

Seriously get over yourself

If you don't want to read a poster you can mute them

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

Seriously get over yourself

If you don't want to read a poster you can mute them

How about reading the previous posts in a thread before having a go at someone. I’ve already explained why putting someone on ignore isn’t a solution. 

• Like 1

So I know nth shouldn't have dropped that game but wasn't the 4th umpire bought in to see things that maybe the other umps missed. I mean how did the other 3 umps not call that a 50 against those 2 pies players. 

Also I just saw that touched crisp goal. Clearly touched but it was let through as a goal. I mean last week kozzie got denied but crisp didn't. It was so obvious 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Clap 3
  • Thinking 1

4 minutes ago, dees189227 said:

So I know nth shouldn't have dropped that game but wasn't the 4th umpire bought in to see things that maybe the other umps missed. I mean how did the other 3 umps not call that a 50 against those 2 pies players. 

You would have thought so but… NO!

In truth, bringing in a 4th maggot was about allowing the other 3 to ‘rest’ in game - and I’m not joking; there’s still only three ‘in charge’ at any time and the fourth is effectively removed from play

It’s a complete joke

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

Today’s Collingwood game was a shambles by the umpires. Someone tell me the 14-2 free kick count after half time in favour of the filth wasn’t a directive from the AFL. That was purely orchestrated.

• Like 5
  • Thinking 1
  • Sad 1
  • Vomit 1

10 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

How about reading the previous posts in a thread before having a go at someone. I’ve already explained why putting someone on ignore isn’t a solution. 

But the answer is don't reply it's that simple and don't read their posts, you having a go at people doesn't help.

• Like 1

On 16/06/2024 at 01:17, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Nar mate. They’ll have learned their lessons from 2022.

I know you have massive skin in the game this year with the hope that Carlton will knock off Sydney in the grand final.

But Sydney are on a different planet this year and will win the flag accordingly. If they don’t, then Longmire really needs to cop it from the media as that will be 1-4 in grand finals.

Sporting history is littered with many examples of teams that were certainties to win something but still blew it. There is still two months of H&A football to play.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

You can stop waiting. I’m done pleading with you to ease up on the relentless bagging of the Club, publicly as well as privately and in every thread. I’ve wasted so much time already. Because that’s all this is… a waste of time.

I thought you were thick and didn’t understand why I was upset. Now I see that you DO understand but you’re gonna go ahead and continue doing it regardless.

You see, it DOES matter where comments are made. I (at first, politely) requested that we leave off bagging the MFC in this NON-MFC thread. I think that’s a fair request. Clearly, you don’t.

And to think I went in to bat for you when you were banned from DL. I practically begged the mods to give you another chance. The irony… you’ll be the reason I eventually bail. 

I think Sir can bag the MFC in any thread he chooses to ITs a forum of diverse views

BTW Who set you up as the gate keeper

20 minutes ago, No. 31 said:

Sporting history is littered with many examples of teams that were certainties to win something but still blew it. There is still two months of H&A football to play.

Fair enough. I would be thinking the same if my team was in genuine flag contention, which sadly we're not (11th favourite to win it)

I think we've seen enough evidence that Sydney are head and shoulders above the rest, and it would take a Geelong 2008 epic choke for them to drop a GF or prelim. 

That's not to say Carlton haven't been impressive lately, and are every chance to make a GF.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Kent said:

I think Sir can bag the MFC in any thread he chooses to ITs a forum of diverse views

BTW Who set you up as the gate keeper

Sure, anyone can clog any thread with irrelevant stuff. Doesn't mean it is the right thing to do. (I'm doing it now with mixed feelings).   And WCW is entitled to voice her opinion as to how the forum should operate - doesn't mean she is setting herself up as a gatekeeper any more than you are. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

It may not be a perfect solution WCW but I have found it to be a pretty effective one. 

I have been kicking around DL for ages.

For a big chunk of that time I got in any number of back and forths with people who views really got me wound up (as opposed to posters who i disagreed with on many things but who I enjoyed the banter - Pro dee for example).

But I realised it was a dead end, so put them on ignore.

I don't have many people on ignore, but it works.

There are also posters who views i diametrically disagree with, which is fine, but I feel like they post to get people riled up.

I have got better at just skimming and only occasionally responding, so no need to put on ignore.

The key for me is not biting when someone posts something provocative. Well, not biting all the time to be more accurate.

And then there are posters who I just disagree with about specific footy stuff but we both end up repeating the same arguments, which becomes tiresome for other posters.

And I now do my best to stay clear of non footy stuff.

I've found the combination of the strategies above have worked well for me and improved my demonland experience (that and avoiding the game day thread during games!).

• Thanks 3

12 hours ago, jnrmac said:

Not a thing

Unfortunately jnrmac the commentators have all been nobbled even when a free is blatantly obvious not a sound from the commentary team they must be well paid indeed. Pies receive 14 - 2 frees in the second half, no comment because that is the “norm”. Grrrrr….!!!!

• Like 1
  • Angry 1
  • Vomit 1