Dees Down But Not Out

Stuff all the doom and gloom, we supporters know what the bottom looks and feels like and It’s nothing like what we have now. Trac out is a huge loss, and this compounds a lot of [censored] going on but, we this team has a chance to show true grit. The Pies narrative for the game was 3 little pigs “The big, bad Melbourne wolf was way off target with the huffing and puffing as Collingwood proved their house was made of bricks in a convincing win at the MCG.” I would love the team, and the supporters to lean into this narrative. Of course one wolf can’t blow a brick house down (Maybe that was CP5, and a punctured lung impacts huffing and puffing) but a wolf pack can do some almighty damage. The dees of 21 were a wolf pack, hunting in numbers. It’s going to take a whole pack to turn this year around, and if the Filth think we are a big bad wolf then they are wrong because we are a wolf pack! Ready to rip shreds. Go Dees! 

• Like 1
  • Clap 1

26 minutes ago, DEE32 said:

Stuff all the doom and gloom, we supporters know what the bottom looks and feels like and It’s nothing like what we have now. Trac out is a huge loss, and this compounds a lot of [censored] going on but, we this team has a chance to show true grit. The Pies narrative for the game was 3 little pigs “The big, bad Melbourne wolf was way off target with the huffing and puffing as Collingwood proved their house was made of bricks in a convincing win at the MCG.” I would love the team, and the supporters to lean into this narrative. Of course one wolf can’t blow a brick house down (Maybe that was CP5, and a punctured lung impacts huffing and puffing) but a wolf pack can do some almighty damage. The dees of 21 were a wolf pack, hunting in numbers. It’s going to take a whole pack to turn this year around, and if the Filth think we are a big bad wolf then they are wrong because we are a wolf pack! Ready to rip shreds. Go Dees! 

We all saw how tough they are the last two weeks. Why was Trac shaking hands with the thug? [censored]! 

• Like 1
  • Clap 1

25 minutes ago, YesitwasaWin4theAges said:

I reckon if we lose to either Norf or WC at the G, the pressure will be that intense from all angles that he'll fall on his sword.

No he won't, nor should he. Current situation has little or nothing to do with the coach, as the higher-ups understand even if it's frustrating for supporters. We can run around screaming "do something" all we want, but if the cupboard is bare ...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, bing181 said:

No he won't, nor should he. Current situation has little or nothing to do with the coach, as the higher-ups understand even if it's frustrating for supporters. We can run around screaming "do something" all we want, but if the cupboard is bare ...

We beat Norf by 90 points last year.

No one can survive that.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

1 hour ago, bing181 said:

Short of pulling him out of games for 6 weeks and putting him through a mini pre-season, what you see with Clarry is what you get. You can't build fitness in season, it's all you can do to maintain fitness.

That's exactly what I'm saying mate.  Seasons cooked. If anyone is unfit, physically or mentally, don't play them. If you can get them fit and back playing footy before next season, great. If not have them as good to go day 1 preseason as possible 

41 minutes ago, YesitwasaWin4theAges said:

I reckon if we lose to either Norf or WC at the G, the pressure will be that intense from all angles that he'll fall on his sword.

Agree. Personally I reckon the coach is exhausted. All coaches carry a big burden and Goody's has been bigger than anyone's for the last 2 years. Might be time for him to take a break from footy.  

Players will sense when the coach is tapped out.  If he is I'd suggest a tapped out coach won't be much of a motivator 

8 hours ago, hardtack said:

RoCo??? Oh spare me, please!! I suppose he’ll be listing himself as an ‘Influencer’ or ‘Digital Creator’, soon.

Huh? Roco has been running a good footy website with decent editorials as well as having his podcast reviewing and previewing every match of every round before it was even a thing for 8 or so  years now. I don't know anybody else that has given so much energy and time to watching and discussing the actual games and not just the news and off-field stuff. Why are you potting him?  

Edited by John Demonic
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, greenwaves said:

Not sure about this.  We only play one top eight team for the rest of the season

I'm not sure we'd make it if we played north 10 times...

Ok, joking somewhat...for now.  I'll revisit in 10 days 😉

• Haha 1

The ridiculous thing is that we're playing better statistically than either Carlton or GWS were at this point last season. And by a considerable margin. We're also only two games off the pace compared to last season.

Petracca is a huge loss obviously but Lever returning is huge and I hope Goodwin sticks firm with either Tomlinson or Petty in defense, and bloods Jefferson. 

We went an extended period last year without Oliver and also Gawn (even though we had Grundy). 

We've hit this patch at probably the best time: before a bye, before we play North, and before a fairly reasonable draw home. 

Five more wins from here gets it done: North, WC, Essendon, Gold Coast, Port, Bulldogs, GWS, Collingwood.... all very winnable. Brisbane in Brisbane honestly the toughest may match we have. 

We're not dead yet.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, praha said:

The ridiculous thing is that we're playing better statistically than either Carlton or GWS were at this point last season. And by a considerable margin. We're also only two games off the pace compared to last season.

Petracca is a huge loss obviously but Lever returning is huge and I hope Goodwin sticks firm with either Tomlinson or Petty in defense, and bloods Jefferson. 

We went an extended period last year without Oliver and also Gawn (even though we had Grundy). 

We've hit this patch at probably the best time: before a bye, before we play North, and before a fairly reasonable draw home. 

Five more wins from here gets it done: North, WC, Essendon, Gold Coast, Port, Bulldogs, GWS, Collingwood.... all very winnable. Brisbane in Brisbane honestly the toughest may match we have. 

We're not dead yet.

Grundy saved our [censored] in Max's absence...not a  minor thing.

Pies just dacked us.... theyll have much more talent back .

Whilst any game might be winnable just at the moment theyre just as likely losable. We've shown a greater proficiency at losing.

We're not playing a skilled or discernable style. We're bash crashing around like a drunk in a bottle shop.

Bit by bit opponent's coaches are getting better at disecting our 'game' . We don't appear nearly as adept towards them. 

We're not firing on all cylinders and im not impressed by the mechanic.

But yes ,it is not the end.... footy is a funny game but any considering a rise up the ladder simply because WE might  ( big MIGHT ) improve must also realise it relies on others worsening. 

3 hours ago, old dee said:

I am taking a break from the MFC.

i would like to sometime’s, but just cannot

This is because I have totally lost faith in people running the place,

I was dumbfounded to see Trac being nice to the pies thug.

only to be compounded by May and Oliver at the end

I have followed this club and been a member for most of the last     70  years.

I am devastated that our club has descended to this level.

I have added changed a couple of things but I really believe that “management “ being the club or football department/selection committee do not understand the level of dissatisfaction with the desire for accountability with what happened to Gus.  I feel we are gawn for 24.  Might win a couple but junk time games.  But……..

• Like 1
  • Clap 1
  • Vomit 1

Season Cooked! Totally! lets look to 2025 PLAY EVERYONE one our list and ascertian who mighy cut it! IMO

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

So, just sayin….we ain’t dead yet.

Sure we got problems, and everyone is kicking us while we are down.

Im sticking fat (perhaps I need a ticket to fairy land…)

If we can work out how we want to play, and get back to pressure in every contest as a non negotiable, things will turn.  2 games out and a week off.  Let’s go in the second half and build towards the finals. Confidence is infectious.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, John Demonic said:

Huh? Roco has been running a good footy website with decent editorials as well as having his podcast reviewing and previewing every match of every round before it was even a thing for 8 or so  years now. I don't know anybody else that has given so much energy and time to watching and discussing the actual games and not just the news and off-field stuff. Why are you potting him?  

I wasn’t potting him… it was a, as it turns out, very poor attempt at a good humoured shot at the use of ‘RoCo’… not keeping up with the ‘socials’ and X in particular, I hadn’t known that he went by that ScoMo-like nomenclature.

• Haha 1

Collingwood managed to find a few players who just ground a superior opposition into the ground. They did it with thuggery but the competition will wake up to this strategy of attrition which achieves only degradation.

WE now have a chance to promote some of our next generation . 

WE can still make finals and even succeed

GO DEES

• Haha 2
  • Clap 1

May and TMac forward 

Petty and Turner back

include Kolt and Salem in the mid rotation to cover Trac

Nothing to lose , tough times call for drastic measures.

• Like 1

On 13/06/2024 at 10:12, Demonland said:

Some positivity for your Thursday

Hallelujah! Exact points I was just making to a colleague — There’s time, it’s a long long year.. it ain’t over by a long shot! Sure we’re playing poorly, but our best is only a game away each week! 

Let’s all take a breath, and know even if we don’t find our form — we have the players, the weapons & the time to be a dynasty and then some yet.. need we go into our players under 50 games spiel?

it could be a disaster year, like 2020 — we all know how the end of that year played out and what occurred following! But it could also be a year of turning it round when it matters and when it is most suited towards finals.. let’s see

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, bing181 said:

I might have a slightly different perspective here.

Other than Trac and Melksham and Lever, we are pretty healthy. Spargo and Hunter are not walk up starts but likely in the 23. Now compare our list health to Carlton, Collingwood, GWS, Essendon, Hawks or Richmond... we can't complain about the list. Whether we have good depth is a good question. But we are not in form, and there is not a lot from those playing at Casey where they are banging down the door. 

What has changed this year is our gameplan, that is coaching related 100%. I don't think we've been solid for 4 quarters all year, even when we were winning. But things have fallen away badly, and I think the players are either not sold or capable of the game plan, it's been even more exposed without Lever down back. 

Collingwood convincingly beat us without 7 of their best players, they play a system that feels a lot more robust, in that they can plug and play someone from their list into a role and the system continues to function. We lose a player or two and our system doesn't stand up as well. Our pressure based system last year was more capable than what we have moved toward in 2024, and as a result our backline seems to be under more pressure, and the opposition are scoring more heavily as a result.

Note,  we are horribly out of form, so of course things look worse, we can turn this around. But the form feels connected to gameplan and confidence to execute.

Edited by Ouch!
  • Thinking 1

I don't think the challenge is the injuries, more wear and tear that is not obviously evident and the forward line.  Don't mind the thought of managing some players this year and going hard in 2025 if we don't turn things around in the next 2 weeks

• Like 1

20 hours ago, greenwaves said:

Not sure about this.  We only play one top eight team for the rest of the season

How so? I count 5

Port (G), Essendon (G), GWS (G), Collingwood(G), Fremantle(Optus) to come. The non 8 sides we are playing are Lions (Gabba) Doggies (Marvel), Suns (Gold Coast), Eagles (G) and North (G)

There is a real chance we only win 2 (Norf, WC) of the remaining games - even those are iffy. 

Unfortunately we have bottom 6 written all over us atm. Even a chance of bottom 4.  

Edited by Gawndy the Great
  • Like 3