Fritsch Sealer Multiple Commentary

38 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Your love for Goodwin knows no bounds!

...although his concern about the neighbours' reaction could suggest the opposite extreme? 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Fritta’s goal was number 2 in the Top 10 plays of the round. 
The Daicos goal of course was number 1.
Great goal also in a pressure cooker situation. Degree of difficulty puts Fritta number 1 for me. 

Yeah...coz Collon-wood, maaate

16 hours ago, Demonland said:

'Bang! Bang! Bang!' multicall vibes. A very pleasant revisit!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Demonland said:

Ask and you shall receive.

Reckon I heard a 'Hesus' in there.

Quite.

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Little Goffy said:

Watching the replay repeatedly you also grasp what a great moment Petty had there. Read it and reacted instantly then absolutely pounded the grass flat to make the distance to spoil that pass.

A little cherry on top of a great (touch-wood) return to form.

Yep. That was just as much Petty’s Goal. If he doesn’t punch that ball, Jeeelong are out and running 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Damien Barratt didn't rate Fritta's goal as good as the Nick Daicos one, as it wasn't as important in the context of the game.

3 minutes left on the clock with a 2 point lead, to effectively kick the sealer not enough context?

Is the context of the game really that relevant? Personally I think it’s of less relevance than the skill of executing the kick 

For example player X kicks a goal from 2 metres out directly in front to win a GF - pretty relevant but GOTY contender nup 

• Like 1
  • Clap 1

I remember Michael Roach being award GOTD for a pretty straightforward set shot but got the gong because it was his 100th goal of the season.  It certainly wasn't the best goal kicked that round.

• Angry 1

3 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Damien Barratt didn't rate Fritta's goal as good as the Nick Daicos one, as it wasn't as important in the context of the game.

3 minutes left on the clock with a 2 point lead, to effectively kick the sealer not enough context?

Daicos goal not even in the three options for Goal of the Round,  LOL

https://www.afl.com.au/goal-of-the-year/vote

• Haha 4
  • Clap 1
  • Shocked 1

7 hours ago, JJJ said:

I like Clazza’s reaction at the end.

I would love to know how long it took for Fritta to gather and lay the ball across his boot. Very slick work.

Indeed. That's where it was all skill and no luck. He had milliseconds to kick that goal. Not to mention even getting to the ball on the first instance.

• Like 2

What I liked best about that goal was that I went from "well, that's going out. Reset and lock it in" to jumping up and down absolutely ape**** with my son in about half a nano second.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Fritta - first game was v Geelong when Max missed close in then Hunt couldn’t make it on the siren. 

Kicked the most important goal in 57 years and backed it up 20 seconds later. 

Now this. 

Mitch Hanna goal and Max after the siren. Then his best Q in Perth. 

Some of our best goals v Cats 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

After watching it back for the 38th time. My new favourite thing is how little carry on there was from Fritta. Probably had some right to go bananas like most of us but seemed cool and collected as did the rest of the team. They knew they still had work to do and they did exactly that.

• Like 3

Daicos kicked a great goal, huge crowd, final play,

But Fritta’s goal was by far the hardest, there was no luck, he put massive spin on that kick, to get exactly that result 

Fantastic Skill Bailey, Goalkicking practice is still badly needed after the second and third quarters. 
We were 5.14

Just watching 360, Robbo just rated the Daicos goal as the " highlight of the year ".

Whateley at least gave Frittta, some kudos. Then Robbo came back and  criticised him for " playing for free kicks".

What a [censored] head ! Chief Football writer !  [censored]

• Angry 1

3 hours ago, reynolds46 said:

Daicos goal not even in the three options for Goal of the Round,  LOL

https://www.afl.com.au/goal-of-the-year/vote

Looks like Fritsch should have that one sewn up, then.

Rankine's goal was a good side-step disentanglement and burst of speed, but is mostly notable for reaffirming my nickname for him as 'Isaakermanis'. Uncomfortable resemblance. Don't want him playing for anyone else.

Stengle's was also a first rate goal that would have messed with the silly 'expected score' charts for sure. That felt very important at the time and give the sickly feeling that things were going to just 'go right' for Geelong. Happy to give credit to him now that we have the win!

We were sitting in level 2 behind the goals at the Punt Road end, so had a great view of it. That is a clear highlight I will remember for a long time. We thought Maxie's goal was going to be the highlight until that came along. Astonishingly quick thinking and a lesson in keeping going until the ball is actually out, not just likely to do so.

• Like 2

I've been searching to see if this has been mentioned prior, but from what I can see it hasn't.

What everyone seems to miss is how Fritsch approaches the ball. First, he sprints to make position before the Geelong player. He then slows and drifts ever so slightly to the right, taking space away from his opponent whilst assessing if the ball will slow and stay in. As soon as it appears that the ball will stay live, he leans into his opponent with a slight bump giving himself space to gather and shoot with no pressure. 

This is what makes Fritsch so special. His timing and bodywork are always underrated and is what makes him so dangerous.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 1

8 minutes ago, Bingo said:

I've been searching to see if this has been mentioned prior, but from what I can see it hasn't.

What everyone seems to miss is how Fritsch approaches the ball. First, he sprints to make position before the Geelong player. He then slows and drifts ever so slightly to the right, taking space away from his opponent whilst assessing if the ball will slow and stay in. As soon as it appears that the ball will stay live, he leans into his opponent with a slight bump giving himself space to gather and shoot with no pressure. 

This is what makes Fritsch so special. His timing and bodywork are always underrated and is what makes him so dangerous.

He is also very strong despite the looks, he looks thin compared to many forwards and defenders but once he gets into a position to win the drop of the ball, few can push him away.

• Like 2

VOTE FOR FRITTA GOTY!

You can vote as many times as you like. Of the GOTY weekly winners so far this season, we’ve had Rooey in Opening Round and Leb in Round 3. Should Fritta win this week that’ll be three out of nine, a third of the winners!

GET VOTING!!!!!

• Love 1

On 06/05/2024 at 10:18, Bitter but optimistic said:

I was listening to ABC on Sunday and couldn't believe it when they rated Daicos' goal as better.

[censored] what filth biased [censored] that was.

Daicos allowed to run through the stoppage under no pressure [censored]

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

Just watching 360, Robbo just rated the Daicos goal as the " highlight of the year ".

Whateley at least gave Frittta, some kudos. Then Robbo came back and  criticised him for " playing for free kicks".

Saw that Bitter.

Because Daicos never plays for a free kicks right.....

• Haha 1
  • Clap 1

19 hours ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

Robbo preparing for 360

robbo.jpg

• Haha 3
  • Clap 1

12 minutes ago, Demonland said:

Have to watch it ten times to see all the different reactions. 
“The knockout punch” and punches the air. Classic!!!

• Like 1