Kayo is 4K in 2024

22 minutes ago, roy11 said:

What TV you rocking Picket?

Will be picking up a 65' OLED this year hopefully. 

We got an 85" Samsung last year on a great deal. It is awesome. (Up from a 50"). 

• Like 1

Just a little more...

If you use the AFL club package to renew you will get the Basic package ie 4K.. two screens for 12 months.

How long this continues will be interesting but if it's anything like the deal they did for Telstra customers I'd expect it to run for 2024. Then it will increase in price in 2025.

3 hours ago, Diamond_Jim said:

Just a little more...

If you use the AFL club package to renew you will get the Basic package ie 4K.. two screens for 12 months.

How long this continues will be interesting but if it's anything like the deal they did for Telstra customers I'd expect it to run for 2024. Then it will increase in price in 2025.

I went from the Telstra deal to the club membership when the price rose. Very happy with the digital membership option, hope it continues to be a great deal.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, whatwhat say what said:

those are some big tvs

i went from 40" to 55" and thought it was HUGE

mind you, half the time when i'm watching footy on the box i'm on my 27" computer screen as apparently i'm 'too loud' to be amongst company

IMAX for me.

I just stand two inches from it.

20 hours ago, roy11 said:

What TV you rocking Picket?

Will be picking up a 65' OLED this year hopefully. 

Yeah good one,as iterated mine is an 85 inch! Prices are very low at the moment,J.B are hard to beat, the TCL range offer outstanding value🤩

Edited by picket fence

While not about the Kayo experience this article about where Craig Tiley is trying to take the AO from a spectator viewpoint gives you some idea of future stadium trends. (Like cruise ships it's all about the upsell)

Spectators attending the Australian Open will soon be welcomed to Melbourne Park not by security personnel and bag checks but by a stream of push notifications about their seats and favourite food - which will be delivered to them by drone.

That is Tennis Australia chief executive Craig Tiley’s near-term vision for the “happy slam”, which under his stewardship has evolved from a tennis tournament to an entertainment destination where up to 40 per cent of visitors do not watch a game.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/tennis/burgers-by-drone-find-your-seat-by-phone-welcome-to-the-open-of-the-future-20240117-p5exzl.html

Edited by Diamond_Jim
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, The Jackson FIX said:

I’m not particularly TV/tech savvy but I am curious;

- are any FTA games on any channels broadcast in 4K or just HD on the HD channels?

- is our forward entry any better in 4K?

As of 2023, the 3 or so channel 7 games per week can been seen on Foxtel's 4K sports channel if you have a 4K compatible TV. I doubt you can watch 4K on channel 7, just HD.

A resounding no to question 2.

Edited by Bring-Back-Powell
  • Thanks 1

Really missing footy.

Almost tempted to get my kayo sub early just to watch some replays.

But times are a little tough so have to wait.

Interesting price increase given the cost of living and interest rates( npi) 

I wonder if attendance will be down this year?

On 16/01/2024 at 14:53, Diamond_Jim said:

You can keep the existing price of $25 per month. This gives you one screen and HD only.

Foxtel in the box will eventually become redundant as it is replaced by a combination of Kayo, Binge and Hubbl.

They've made no secret of their intention to sell/float the platform as soon as they can get a decent offer

PayTV in Australia is an unmitigated disaster. Foxtel would be lucky to be worth AUD2B. Between Murdoch and Telstra, at least AUD100B has been flushed down the toilet over 27 odd years. Technically, it's a catastrophic. Former republics of the USSR have significantly superior technology and services than good ol' Australia. What an embarrassment that the AFL sell their soul to this pimple on the backside of the entertainment industry.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bystander said:

I was waiting, but no one did, so I will.

What is 4K.?

Sorry, I can't help but would like to know too.

I'd like to ditch Poxtel but the internet coverage here is [censored] - 14mbps, so I doubt it's enough for Kao and whatever 4k is.

13 hours ago, Bystander said:

I was waiting, but no one did, so I will.

What is 4K.?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/4K_resolution

Regular high definition displays have approximately 2000 pixels wide by 1080 pixels high. 4K displays have approximately 4000 by 2160 pixels, or 4 pixels for every one pixel on a regular HD display. More pixels means more detail in the displayed image.

This is helpful on large displays. E.g. an 80 inch TV is something like 180 cm wide. If HD, every pixel is approximately a millimetre square, so if you are close to the screen you may be able to make out the individual pixels. In 4K those pixels would be approximately half a millimetre square.

• Thanks 1

On 17/01/2024 at 20:16, Clintosaurus said:

Everyone joining the Giants?

I got a Demons Digital Membership even if I have Carlton Home Game Membership. An additional $19 saving not enough to entice me, rather give some money to the Dees.

If we see an upturn in GWS memberships this year, it might be Kayo fuelled 😁

• Like 1

19 hours ago, leave it to deever said:

Really missing footy.

Almost tempted to get my kayo sub early just to watch some replays.

I wonder if attendance will be down this year?

Attendances might actually go up. In tougher economic times, people often turn to cheaper forms of discretionary expenditure (meaning, cheaper for them than what they might have previously been spending). So, attending AFL games might be cheaper than alternatives whether that's international travel, attending more expensive sporting events such as the F1, skipping the opera or foregoing that new tattoo.

• 2 weeks later...

Foxtel just released its pricing for the traditional "box" set up as from 1 Feb 2024.

It's a monthly charge of  $70 plus $30 for the sports package.

Some online posters are suggesting that Foxtel are setting up for another Kayo rise in 2025.

Would you pay $50 per month for Sports via Kayo (4K .. 2 screens.. no password sharing {Netflix mode})

This comment was made by the Foxtel CEO on subscribers via the traditional box set up.

Patrick Delaney, boss of Foxtel, in December to shareholders: "We haven't been running it for subscriber numbers for a long time. It, by and large, is older Australians that are wealthy... we'll continue to squeeze as much revenue out as possible"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Angry 1

4 hours ago, Diamond_Jim said:

Foxtel just released its pricing for the traditional "box" set up as from 1 Feb 2024.

It's a monthly charge of  $70 plus $30 for the sports package.

Some online posters are suggesting that Foxtel are setting up for another Kayo rise in 2025.

Would you pay $50 per month for Sports via Kayo (4K .. 2 screens.. no password sharing {Netflix mode})

This comment was made by the Foxtel CEO on subscribers via the traditional box set up.

Patrick Delaney, boss of Foxtel, in December to shareholders: "We haven't been running it for subscriber numbers for a long time. It, by and large, is older Australians that are wealthy... we'll continue to squeeze as much revenue out as possible"

I’m currently on $39 for Foxtel Plus and $25 for Sports HD. Big increase.

Will have to balance the cost of living, or the Kayo buffering + a very unhappy partner!!