Harrison Petty

Demonland

3 hours ago, M_9 said:

Petty’s ‘one wood’ is his marking. Check his stats - in the games he’s played well he’s had 8-11 marks. I’ve watched him closely (live). He’s rarely in a position to mark when playing forward. I don’t think he knows how to play as a forward - where to lead to, how to work cohesively with he’s fellow forwards etc. He’s not even doing the ‘one percenters’ - tackling, shepherding, chasing. I’ve said it numerous times this year, we’re playing a man short whilst he’s in the team. He needs a kick up the backside via a stint at Casey.

I looked back at the 6 goal game against Richmond, at least 5 of his goals were from contested marks where they just sat a kick on his head. The same the week after against North before the injury. 

I have no doubt Melksham was helping out with his leading patterns creating  space and pulling defenders away.

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, layzie said:

I looked back at the 6 goal game against Richmond, at least 5 of his goals were from contested marks where they just sat a kick on his head. The same the week after against North before the injury. 

I have no doubt Melksham was helping out with his leading patterns creating  space and pulling defenders away.

I think it's a mind thing for the bloke.

I mean in his game against the Cats he was fantastic and clunking them like the ball had Velcro and Petts has the matching Velcro gloves.

But most games he has been all at sea and hasn't even kicked straight at goal like in the Tigers game.

He must play down back or at Casey. I'm not sure why Goody won't move him. 

Maybe today against a bottom team, he'll play into some form. 

It's a worry.

• Like 3

I feel for the guy as I have no doubt he is trying but confidence in himself and potentially his body is holding him back. He virtually had no preseason and we expected him to dominate from Round 1 which was never going to happen. I honestly believe the club, like Oliver, should not have played him if there were better options available as BBB and Shache aren't it.

• Like 3
  • Thinking 1

22 minutes ago, inanunda said:

I feel for the guy as I have no doubt he is trying but confidence in himself and potentially his body is holding him back. He virtually had no preseason and we expected him to dominate from Round 1 which was never going to happen. I honestly believe the club, like Oliver, should not have played him if there were better options available as BBB and Shache aren't it.

Or is his mind elsewhere ? 

• Like 3
  • Thinking 1

Just now, old dee said:

Not sure where his mind is BB but his body has going missing this season. 

Recovering from a significant foot injury. By all accounts TMac has explained how it was coming back from such an injury, and he was the whipping boy last season. He has picked up his game this year. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Demonsterative said:

Recovering from a significant foot injury. By all accounts TMac has explained how it was coming back from such an injury, and he was the whipping boy last season. He has picked up his game this year. 

Then why the hell do we keep playing him. Give Fullarton a game, how could give less.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

5 minutes ago, old dee said:

Then why the hell do we keep playing him. Give Fullarton a game, how could give less.

Agree, give Fullarton a go. Let’s just calm down with Petty. He is a premiership player and doesn’t deserve the vitriol like you and others give him. He needs a break from all this. So do I and many others on here. 

it’s kinda boring, and very frustrating. 

How was the family basketball game today? Was it a win 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, layzie said:

We don't have any movement forward of the ball whatsoever.

We don't have any form of leadership in our F 50 and it is showing up in all parts of our game.

It incredibly frustrating and you can see it in the players faces as they look devoid of confidence and hope.

The ball just bounces out of our 50 so easily through our filthy entries and weak contest work.

• Like 4

On 21/06/2024 at 18:59, wonnabeeri said:

If petty ever gets anything close to May I’ll be amazed.

So like he did in 2021? he was an integral part of our premiership backline.

I understand why we have moved him.  But he is a defender 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jumping Jack Clennett said:

I thought  Petty showed promise of a return to form tonight.

Also,he has a bit of nastiness about him that few of our players have. He gets on the nerves of the opposition, and I like that.

Your standards are low, perhaps that's Petty's standards are low

He was regularly poor last night, with a few glimpses of effort.... Way below par

• Like 3

Don’t agree with Petty being poor last night. Watched him closely, he was giving maximum effort and was genuinely happy for the team when we scored or marked the ball close to goal. 
Yeah he might leave, but his body language last night wasn’t indicative of ‘checked out’

• Like 7
  • Clap 1
  • Facepalm 1

He was only good last night compared to some awful recent performances, but that early intercept mark was great. Almost a hint that we should play him somewhere that he could do more of them.

• Like 4
  • Clap 1

Last night was an improvement and you could teammates going out of their way to encourage him - clearly a confidence player in very poor form.  Makes that great pack mark in the 4th being denied by the umps even more frustrating - could have given him a huge boost!

I maintain that if his future is with us, it’s in defence.  What makes it difficult is that two of our most consistent performers this year in May and TMac are keeping him out.

• Like 5
  • Clap 1
  • Thinking 1

For the first half it was great to see a connection at chf where someone could take a mark.

But that should be the norm.

Petty was good but sadly disappeared completely in the second half.

An improvement yes but all up not a great game.

But none of our fwds stood tall against the worst side in the comp.

Especially Fritta who is now also struggling a lot.

Our fwd line is way off. Has been for years.Go figure. It's not like it's important. We have the best midfield and backline. Oh wait.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The end is nigh said:

Worried for him next week. Harris Andrew’s has him for size and strength. Will need to be a night of playing a role. Any goals a bonus but halving contests all night will be enough of a tick for me. 

Harris Andrew’s has most players for strength. Wouldn’t have JVR for strength though. A fully fit and conditioned Petty would hold his own. He’s getting there. But not quite there yet. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The end is nigh said:

Worried for him next week. Harris Andrew’s has him for size and strength. Will need to be a night of playing a role. Any goals a bonus but halving contests all night will be enough of a tick for me. 

Or alternatively go mostly around Andrews or look for options other than Petty.

Petty can also play a high CHF role and take Andrews to places he isn't so comfortable.

If Petty has any tank at all after 3 months of footy he could try and get him on the way back also.

Not sure he does but who knows.  While i won't be holding my breath, i've been wrong before and we just might be about to see things turn for Harry.

• Like 1
  • Clap 1

10 minutes ago, Demon Dynasty said:

Or alternatively go mostly around Andrews or look for options other than Petty.

Petty can also play a high CHF role and take Andrews to places he isn't so comfortable.

If Petty has any tank at all after 3 months of footy he could try and get him on the way back also.

Not sure he does but who knows.  While i won't be holding my breath, i've been wrong before and we just might be about to see things turn for Harry.

Acttually if he tags Andrews out of the game that would be a win for us

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

Acttually if he tags Andrews out of the game that would be a win for us

Good point.

May as well play a full on defensive game as you say.

Just get the ball to ground as often as possible, try and take the odd grab and distribute or take a shot if in range.

Edited by Demon Dynasty
  • Like 2