TICKETING: 2023 Finals Week 01

Stiff Arm

18 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

@Lucifers Hero @ChaserJ @Jaded No More 

So sorry for the misinformation. The Demon Army will be in M3, our usual bay. 

Oh, excellent, thanks for the update @WalkingCivilWar, hopefully the family and I can get tickets nearby tomorrow 🤞

Edited by ChaserJ
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, Lucifers Hero said:

Love reliving it!!  We were sitting right above you and it was fantastic.

A little request...please ask whoever it was that started the victory chant before we had it won to wait...iirc they kicked two goals in the last few minutes.  It was nerve racking...

Don’t worry… we learned our lesson that day. That last 26 seconds of the match felt like 26 hours!

The cheer squad is divided on doing the long chant and our theme song before the siren. The majority are all for it, but there’s those that aren’t comfortable with it, and boy, did they let us know about it that day. 😁

• Love 2

1 minute ago, The heart beats true said:

So, if I’m looking to buy tickets for 4 members, I need to have all their barcodes?

Yes, looks like this is the case this year - from the email

"Limit of one (1) ticket per membership barcode.

You can purchase a maximum of ten (10) tickets in one transaction."

(FYI in contrast last year for Sydney/Brisbane finals you could just use the one membership barcode in this situation, but the email included this: "Limit of ten (10) tickets per membership. You can purchase a maximum of ten (10) tickets in one transaction.")

• Thanks 1

Just now, The Corridor said:

Yes, looks like this is the case this year - from the email

"Limit of one (1) ticket per membership barcode.

You can purchase a maximum of ten (10) tickets in one transaction."

(FYI in contrast last year for Sydney/Brisbane finals you could just use the one membership barcode in this situation, but the email included this: "Limit of ten (10) tickets per membership. You can purchase a maximum of ten (10) tickets in one transaction.")

Ok, thanks. I’ll try and get everyone’s barcodes and hope like hell Ticketmaster doesn’t make it hard 👍

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, The heart beats true said:

So, if I’m looking to buy tickets for 4 members, I need to have all their barcodes?

Yes.

And if you are a priority one member (basically all the membership types with a GF guarantee), all others have to also be priority one member if you are wanting category one or two seats  (the info says Priority One members will automatically be offered category one seats) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, binman said:

Yes.

And if you are a priority one member (basically all the membership types with a GF guarantee), all others have to also be priority one member if you are wanting category one or two seats  (the info says Priority One members will automatically be offered category one seats) 

We all are.

Looks like priority one seats are $96! I assume for that money I get a half time foot massage from Andrew Dillon (including lots of eye contact)?

• Haha 8
  • Vomit 1

6 minutes ago, The heart beats true said:

Ok, thanks. I’ll try and get everyone’s barcodes and hope like hell Ticketmaster doesn’t make it hard 👍

Just go to the mfc website, click on the 'membership' tab then login (the long is to the tickemaster website).  The barcodes appear straight away or will be in the 'membership details' tab.

19 minutes ago, The heart beats true said:

It isn't obvious in the Ticketek website but the barcodes must be on separate lines with no commas.

The easiest thing to do is have them in a document, (triple check them🙂) and copy/paste into Ticketek.  This will save time and you know they are correct.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Lucifers Hero said:

While Ticketek nominally assign Bays for the two clubs I don't think it is sophisticated enough to ensure the numbers are 50/50.  My impression last year was first in, best dressed.

Regarding the Ticketek 'premium' member option the computer didn't always deliver premium seats nor priority access.  The seat allocation seemed to be on price category rather than membership status.  Anyone could choose the highest priced tickets. 

Generally, the computer seemed to allocate tickets (by price category) in a Bay until it was full then allocated tickets in the next available Bay.  Sometimes there were Bays with fans from both clubs but you don't know this until you get to the game.

Once the MCC, AFL and other group's seats are considered the allocation for club members will be relatively small.

Hopefully the tickets for Carlton/Sydney go on sale on the Wednesday to avoid a total meltdown.   The other games' tickets will be sold by Ticketmaster.

@Fear the beard will probably know more.

Hi Mary, hope you’re well do you want my barcodes for the game 

• Thanks 1
  • Clap 1

3 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

It isn't obvious in the Ticketek website but the barcodes must be on separate lines with no commas.

The easiest thing to do is have them in a document, (triple check them🙂) and copy/paste into Ticketek.  This will save time and you know they are correct.

Roger that. When I log into my membership info it’s just my barcode, so I’ll have to collect my Parents and Nephews info. 

I got my email hours ago, but they are both claiming they have nothing yet.

Along with our 3 reserved seat memberships with GF guarantees we also have 2 junior GA memberships. Can I use all 5 together at 10am tomorrow? Or do I need to wait for a later time to use the 2 Junior memberships?

*I know I can't access category 1 or 2 with the junior memberships

1 minute ago, The heart beats true said:

Roger that. When I log into my membership info it’s just my barcode, so I’ll have to collect my Parents and Nephews info. 

I got my email hours ago, but they are both claiming they have nothing yet.

Yes, they will need to get barcodes from their mfc accounts.  The process I described works as that is how I got mine as I haven't received an email yet either. 

7 minutes ago, Pennant St Dee said:

Hi Mary, hope you’re well do you want my barcodes for the game 

Hi Andie,  I'm great thanks.  Hope you are also.

I bought extra memberships this year so all up I have 6 barcodes so thanks for the offer. 

I often think of your nephew and how happy he was to go to the 2021 GF.  It was a pleasure to help him get there.  Wish him well for me.

• Like 3

Anyone know if as an AFL Member with Gold Status and Melbourne club support, if this grants me access to club member allocation? Would much rather sit with Melbourne members than in AFL Members.

6 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Hi Andie,  I'm great thanks.  Hope you are also.

I bought extra memberships this year so all up I have 6 barcodes so thanks for the offer. 

I often think of your nephew and how happy he was to go to the 2021 GF.  It was a pleasure to help him get there.  Wish him well for me.

I will thanks Mary, he was 16 yesterday 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Demon4Life said:

Can I use all 5 together at 10am tomorrow? Or do I need to wait for a later time to use the 2 Junior memberships?

Yeah you'll be able get tickets for all five tomorrow, probably up in Q.

• Thanks 1

Apologies if this has already been answered. Can I buy tickets for non-members at all? Was hoping to bring my wife, parents and a couple mates expressing interest.

Email says one ticket per barcode but can buy 10 tickets per transaction. I take that to mean all parties would need a membership?

3 minutes ago, Marco said:

Im a Trident member and my 7 year old is just a Junior General member. From what i can see i wont be able to get him a  category 1 & 2 seat with me. Not sure how im going to break the news to the little man

You'd be able to sit with him, just not in a category one or two seat.

1 minute ago, Nascent said:

Can I buy tickets for non-members at all?

Pre-sale for members only 10am-2pm. General public tickets on sale at 3pm. If you all wanna sit together you'd have to wait until 3 to try, which might be a bit risky since they might've all but sold out by then.

• Thanks 1

Brains Trust: 

I have 2x junior barcodes from my kids’ memberships, but they won’t be coming (thanks for the Thursday AFL). 

Can I share these junior barcodes with adult friends, or is it contingent on providing concession/proof of age? 

TIA