TICKETING: 2023 Finals Week 01

Stiff Arm

1 hour ago, Ben said:

Yep, everyone at 10am tomorrow, however priority one members get exclusive access to purchase category one and two seating.

I am pretty sure this applies only to the GF and not weeks 1-3.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FearTheBeard said:

Saints game also on Ticketek but for AFL reserve they are staggering the games, hopefully they do the same for Public and MCC. The premium option I am not 100% sure about.

At the time I wrote I thought the Saints/GWS game would be at Marvel which is a Ticketmaster venue.

It makes more sense to have that game at Marvel:  low membership club playing a club with no members!!  But for some reason the AFL has decided it is at the G...

• Like 1

Listening to David King on SEN this morning he was adamant that Collingwood should have 75% of the QF seat allocation because they finished on top.

Apart from being codswollop it would not be a good look to have the MCG 75% empty after 3 quarter time.

• Haha 12

5 minutes ago, Ben said:

As per the club's finals ticketing FAQs -

Screen Shot 2023-08-28 at 1.33.25 pm.png

Thanks for the correction.

Ticketek didn't seem to work that way last year.  Looks like the system has been update.

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Brownie said:

Flights from Brissie booked now. Please oh please Ticketek don't fail me now you cobbled together chain of pentium 386's.

Never been to a MFC final in my life adfter 56 years of supporting and over 15 years as a member.

Any tips for seating and getting tickets smoothly?

Make sure I'm logged in at 09:45am with our 2 bar codes ready to go I assume.

I recommend having your phone and your laptop going on the website, since the queue is not actually a queue.  It is randomised acceptance of devices to give the opportunity to purchase a ticket within a 10 min window or something like that! (As in the 10 mins (or whatever number of minutes) starts from when you're randomly accepted and given the opportunity to purchase.)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, DeelightfulPlay said:

I recommend having your phone and your laptop going on the website, since the queue is not actually a queue.  It is randomised acceptance of devices

Quoted to emphasise the point.

Last year I found theTablet was faster than the laptop every time even tho I logged in with the laptop first.

Guess there isn't much point even logging in before 10.00. 

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Like 1
  • Clap 1

32 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Priority access for these memberships simply means BEFORE NON MEMBERS.

Ta.

Ben notes above:

• Yep, everyone at 10am tomorrow, however priority one members get exclusive access to purchase category one and two seating.
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, binman said:

Ta.

Ben notes above:

• Yep, everyone at 10am tomorrow, however priority one members get exclusive access to purchase category one and two seating.

So many ideas floating around...I can't keep up!🙂

The bit I quoted appeared to be about the recent  $30.

As an aside. it will be interesting to see the feedback tomorrow on what priority Ticketek actually gives premium members...

...last year the Ticketek filter didn't seem to work...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

AFL members tix go on sale at midday and it is going to be a ****show with all games on sale at once. If the site doesn't crash it will be a miracle.

I've worked in IT for decades and from a demand / infrastructure management perspective it's insane.

You'd stagger the releases (tickets for games) at least a few hours apart to spread the load 

Crazy

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

So many ideas floating around...I can't keep up!🙂

The bit I quoted appeared to be about the recent  $30.

As an aside. it will be interesting to see the feedback tomorrow on what priority Ticketek actually gives premium members...

...last year the Ticketek filter didn't seem to work...

And the website let members select tickets in opposition allocated bays

• Thanks 1

I'm living overseas but want to fly back to Melb to see this game.

I'm a lifelong Dees fan but because I'm no longer living in Aus I'm not an MFC member anymore (I support the club by buying merch these days). I’d need to buy a general public seat.

Can anyone recommend which area I should try tickets to? I want to avoid sitting surrounded by pies supporters at all costs!!! It’s been years since I’ve been to a game so I have no idea where I should try and sit. Huge thanks!! ❤️💙

• Like 1

13 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

We’ll be up the city end for this match. Bay 33

Sorry this is not correct.

The Demon Army will be in M3

• Like 2

@Lucifers Hero @ChaserJ @Jaded No More 

So sorry for the misinformation. The Demon Army will be in M3, our usual bay. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

@Lucifers Hero @ChaserJ @Jaded No More 

So sorry for the misinformation. The Demon Army will be in M3, our usual bay. 

No problem at all.  We will all be loudly cheering with you wherever you are🙂

Hopefully we can drown out the noise from the Coll fans as we did for the KB game🙂

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Some details in the member pre-sale emails which are coming out now should hopefully make the ticket purchasing experience a bit more tolerable this year (assuming the system works as planned):

- Only 1 ticket per barcode (as compared to 10 per member last year). The 10 tickets per transaction limit still applies

- Reserved seat members have priority access to Category 1 and Category 2

• Clap 1

1 hour ago, Lucifers Hero said:

At the time I wrote I thought the Saints/GWS game would be at Marvel which is a Ticketmaster venue.

It makes more sense to have that game at Marvel:  low membership club playing a club with no members!!  But for some reason the AFL has decided it is at the G...

I was wondering it this had been Geelong would they have demanded the game be at tax payer park. I know it's under redevelopment so the game would not have been played there but they would have asked. Saint don't appear to have had any say the matter. Guessing it's the only way the AFL could swing the Thursday game for seven.  

1 minute ago, Lucifers Hero said:

No problem at all.  We will all be loudly cheering with you wherever you are🙂

Hopefully we can drown out the noise from the Coll fans as we did for the KB game🙂

We will, Luci. We’ll make our KB efforts sound like a soft lullaby.

Just to refresh our memory, this was us on KB…

https://streamable.com/zbcegc

https://streamable.com/pyyfwx

https://streamable.com/xwe8wm

https://streamable.com/sv0lq1

Even BT was impressed!!!

• Love 3

2 minutes ago, YearOfTheDees said:

I was wondering it this had been Geelong would they have demanded the game be at tax payer park. I know it's under redevelopment so the game would not have been played there but they would have asked. Saint don't appear to have had any say the matter. Guessing it's the only way the AFL could swing the Thursday game for seven.  

Yes, they often play finals vs interstate teams at KP.  One of the reasons they often progress deep into the finals.

I'm surprised the Saints/GWS game isn't at Marvel.  Not sure they will get more than 45,000 at the G.  The will be giving tickets away...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Yes, they often play finals vs interstate teams at KP.  One of the reasons they often progress deep into the finals.

I'm surprised the Saints/GWS game isn't at Marvel.  Not sure they will get more than 45,000 at the G.  The will be giving tickets away...

Welcome back, Luci 
We’ve missed you 💖

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

We will, Luci. We’ll make our KB efforts sound like a soft lullaby.

Just to refresh our memory, this was us on KB…

https://streamable.com/zbcegc

https://streamable.com/pyyfwx

https://streamable.com/xwe8wm

https://streamable.com/sv0lq1

Even BT was impressed!!!

Love reliving it!!  We were sitting right above you and it was fantastic.

A little request...please ask whoever it was that started the victory chant before we had it won to wait...iirc they kicked two goals in the last few minutes.  It was nerve racking...

• Like 2
  • Haha 5