• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

PREGAME: Rd 15 vs Geelong

Demonland

Really hoping for Kozzie to lift in this one. I love his pressure acts but I want him to impact the scoreboard more. No More high flying attempts.  Stick to what you do best. 

Also would like Chandler to show some of his marvellous form from earlier on this season.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

8 hours ago, monoccular said:

Port demonstrated that Geelong are susceptible to pressure - if we can apply similar pressure from the start on Thursday we will win well: if not we will struggle.

If we apply the same pressure we applied on Monday we'll win every game.

• Like 6

Last night shows us even more why the AFL keep the kitties at home as often as they do ( and against whom ;) ) 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

Really hoping for Kozzie to lift in this one. I love his pressure acts but I want him to impact the scoreboard more. No More high flying attempts.  Stick to what you do best. 

Also would like Chandler to show some of his marvellous form from earlier on this season.

Well... funnily enough , imo, Kitttylitter Park with its not so deep pockets ought to prove ripe pickings for a goal sneak like Kozzie.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Deemania since 56 said:

Yep, time for a Spargo rest ... Clarry in, hopefully, and JJ onto the bench as Emerg. Smith should stay in - he appears to be on a roll, and has lots to offer in attack, forward defence, creative plays. Somehow we need to consider Bowey into the equation, probably from the bench as well. We can beat the Cats at their home - run them off their feet and attack, attack, attack. 

Tend to agree..  Just the one change really.

Clarry for Spargo.

These old kitties wont have time to lick their wounds before we seal their season. 

Let Operation: Chris Scotts Head Explodes...commence.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, CHF said:

Selections against Geelong will generate a bit of thinking from the match committee and after they have thought they will make only one change. Spargo out, Oliver in.

I can see Bowey having another week off after his concussion in his last game and the defence was very good against the Pies so why change it?

Petty might get a run at Casey if he is good to go. Interesting to see Oliver running laps of the ‘G’ after the game last week but there was no sign of Petty doing the same thing.

For mine the question regarding Bowey emanates from his coming into the backline in the first place. He came in to replace injury. .And it worked.. but is anything set in concrete...in footy ?

Currently our backline is working the best it has in ages..    So why is Bowey needed...i.e.. is there a crying obvious NEED to bring him straight back in ?... atm ? 

I would suggest... NO

It aint broke...dont fix it. Defence is going ok and meshing better each outing. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, rjay said:

It was pretty obvious that something was up with Danger.

Was absent from centre bounces in the 2nd half & didn't appear to be on the ground for large periods of play.

Little or no mention from the channel 7 experts.

Watching with a mate we figured by deduction that he must have been injured...

I saw him cop one in ribs in a marking contest on half back. He could barely get up to take the kick. He played on but obviously in some distress.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, leave it to deever said:

Need Kozzie to come out, kick 3 goals and legally bump someone very well. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, FlashInThePan said:

I saw him cop one in ribs in a marking contest on half back. He could barely get up to take the kick. He played on but obviously in some distress.

In hospital and would have to be doubtful.

• Like 2
  • Clap 1

51 minutes ago, layzie said:

Need Kozzie to come out, kick 3 goals and legally bump someone very well. 

And stop flying for screamers, which to this point in time, he has not achieved once,

It takes him away from crumbing, risks injury to himself and team mates and at this point, given his success rate, is a totally undisciplined and probably selfish act.

He is our crumber, not Warwick Capper.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

I wish him a full recovery. In 12 days time. 

Why are you wishing him a delayed recovery after our game, I wish him a recovery next Friday.

2 minutes ago, Redleg said:

And stop flying for screamers, which to this point in time, he has not achieved once,

It takes him away from crumbing, risks injury to himself and team mates and at this point, given his success rate, is a totally undisciplined and probably selfish act.

He is our crumber, not Warwick Capper.

Yep..Time and place for everything..and there will/wouldbe times that warrant going for it...but...

For a bloke who has an inate sense of reading the ball he ought to be where it will fall. He would be a 100 times more dangerous...and effective.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Whispering_Jack said:

It has now been changed to Princes Freeway but since the ascension of His Majesty to the throne, surely it should be the Kings Freeway (absent the hyphen)?

I'm tossing up whether you mean apostrophe or whether it's a subtle dig at Queen Camilla, given her surname was the hyphenated Parker-Bowles.

So last year we were comprehensively outcoached by Scott.  Geelong had Stanley take the ruck and move back to help the defence. Blix tagged Tracc effectively and every time May kicked to Gawn the left side three Cat players would jump into his back. In addition around the ground they smashed Gawn whenever they could - a bit like Port Adelaide tried to do.

So my question to all you strategists out there is what will we do to deal with that or counter that?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 2

2 hours ago, beelzebub said:

For mine the question regarding Bowey emanates from his coming into the backline in the first place. He came in to replace injury. .And it worked.. but is anything set in concrete...in footy ?

Currently our backline is working the best it has in ages..    So why is Bowey needed...i.e.. is there a crying obvious NEED to bring him straight back in ?... atm ? 

I would suggest... NO

It aint broke...dont fix it. Defence is going ok and meshing better each outing. 

While there is no immediate need, Hibberd will continue to be managed and Knuckle as a first year player (in the ones) may need a freshen up before finals.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

So last year we were comprehensively outcoached by Scott.  Geelong had Stanley take the ruck and move back to help the defence. Blix tagged Tracc effectively and every time May kicked to Gawn the left side three Cat players would jump into his back. In addition around the ground they smashed Gawn whenever they could - a bit like Port Adelaide tried to do.

So my question to all you strategists out there is what will we do to deal with that or counter that?

Couple of things about this.

1) I'd be going to the AFL about treatment towards Max. All the other clubs complain, so we should too if it provides us with an advantage, or at least ensures the umpires are looking out for treatment towards Max.

2) we have a big, experienced body in Grundy, alongside Max this time. We just have to ensure we win ground ball if Max or Grundy don't mark it.

3) I'd be pushing a small forward up to the contest (potentially Kozzy who is better in traffic than ANB, but they might have to share the role), so we're -1 in front of the ball, but still try to generate that +1 behind the ball. 

4) I'd try and drag Stewart back to the goalsquare with Fritta ala the Collingwood game with Moore, so you get their most dangerous interceptor deeper. Alternatively, I'd look at playing Smith on Stewart as a defensive forward, but Stewart is likely to drop off if Smith gets higher up the ground, so whoever is playing on Stewart, ideally takes him back to the square. Fritta is the biggest danger to Geelong, so I'd go with him first. I also think he's better closer to goal, than at half forward.

5) I'd actually give Gus a defensive role on Duncan at stoppages. So play Gus as a winger or a mid. Yes, I know his contest work against explosive players in defensive stoppages last week wasn't good, but Duncan isn't explosive and shouldn't expose him for pace. As they'll likely be without Dangerfield, if we can lock down on Duncan, that'll stop some of their ball movement. I'd roll Hunter back to half forward and play Gus as a ghost winger if need be, who is really a defensive mid.

6) I'd start Tomlinson on Hawkins with Hibberd on Cameron, and I'd play May on Rohan, but I suspect they'll go May to Hawkins. Tomlinson may not have a perfect match up this week, but if he can somehow hold down Hawkins, it allows May and Lever (on someone like the inexperienced Henry) to get dangerous. With McVee to Stengle and Salem on Close.

See how many of those moves come to fruition. My strike rate as of late has been horrendous, so take with a huge bucket of salt.

• Like 6
  • Thinking 1

5 minutes ago, dworship said:

While there is no immediate need, Hibberd will continue to be managed and Knuckle as a first year player (in the ones) may need a freshen up before finals.

I wouldn't be managing Hibbo this week though.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, A F said:

I wouldn't be managing Hibbo this week though.

10 day break plenty of time for Hibbo to be well rested and have his trade mark zip.

I also add that Danger will not be playing, if he does decided to be a hero Vines, Hibbo and Maysie know exactly where to target.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, dworship said:

Well....quite..  If Hibbo is going along ok...id leave him alone..  When "needed" Bowey ...imho ...becomes the fillip, possibly..  but not necessarily. 

I would have Hibbo as the preferred player... if not....  then WHOEVER is the next best.  That might be Bowey or it might not be. He only got his chance because he was showing form...at the right time. There may occur another player who is knocking at the door similarly. 

We need to keep an open mind.

2 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Well....quite..  If Hibbo is going along ok...id leave him alone..  When "needed" Bowey ...imho ...becomes the fillip, possibly..  but not necessarily. 

I would have Hibbo as the preferred player... if not....  then WHOEVER is the next best.  That might be Bowey or it might not be. He only got his chance because he was showing form...at the right time. There may occur another player who is knocking at the door similarly. 

We need to keep an open mind.

I did say there is no immediate need. A number of people seemed to miss that bit.

• Like 1