PREGAME: Rd 13 vs Collingwood

Demonland

3 hours ago, binman said:

There's two?

Many years ago I watched it religiously. Haven't seen an episode in years. 

Yeah Monday and Wednesday, Eddie on Wed which is really just mouthpiece hour. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DubDee said:

some good sliders for the Big Freeze. couple more to be announced 

• Mick Fanning
  • Tayla Harris
  • Abbey Gelmi
  • Jason Dunstall
  • Eric Bana
  • Tony Shaw
  • Michelle Payne
  • Aaron Finch

Fanning will drop in on someone for sure...........

• Haha 10

8 minutes ago, Diamond Tim said:

Fanning will drop in on someone for sure...........

😂

i heard they are putting a shark at the bottom for him to knock out

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

I doubt footy shows have become any worse. Your declining interest in footy media may be less about the quality of the shows themselves and more about the passage of time. I know that I would consume almost anything football-related in 2021 and while we were reigning premiers in 2022. Now that we've been displaced, I'm less interested in all forms of footy media.

And it could also just be down to general moods and interest level raising and lowering over time naturally. 

Whatever it is, the interest level is much lower currently. Maybe I'm just happy getting all my info from DL lately 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, layzie said:

And it could also just be down to general moods and interest level raising and lowering over time naturally. 

Whatever it is, the interest level is much lower currently. Maybe I'm just happy getting all my info from DL lately 🙂

i think the football commentariat have joined the ranks of real estate agents, used car salesmen and reality show producers.

when i was young i seem to remember that the footy press was much more humble, more positive of the game and the players. now they are arrogant self-promoting rabble rousers looking to highlight negatives and criticise clubs, players and coaches whilst over-accommodating their masters at afl house. part of the problem is that there is just way too many of them fighting over the same scraps like seagulls.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, layzie said:

Yeah Monday and Wednesday, Eddie on Wed which is really just mouthpiece hour. 

Shows how little free to air tv i watch - that's the first I've heard about two FCs 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, adonski said:

Oliver out today to train tomorrow from Gawn

Sorry, can you please clarify what this means.

Is Oliver not playing but will still train tomorrow?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, binman said:

Sorry, can you please clarify what this means.

Is Oliver not playing but will still train tomorrow?

I should imagine  it means.... out of hospital today ; Training tomorrow 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, layzie said:

I literally can't take it. In the space of 12 months I've gone from watching First Crack, On The Couch, 360 2 or 3 nights a week and the Monday FC to almost none of that. 

I almost see these shows now in a WWE wrestling kind of way with manufactured viewpoints and scripted 'feuds'. I wouldn't even be surprised if some of the disagreements on these shows are scripted because people like arguments and they get clicks. 

I'm exactly the same. Sunday footy show the only one I watch which has some good analysis sometimes, sometimes some laughs but to much Tony Jones and the panel trying to wind up Tony Jones alot of the time.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Wells 11 said:

Say anything worth repeating? 

Apart from the bit about Clarry that i didn't catch.

The only point i took was that he thought Reg was probably better spending a tad time forward more so than himself with Maxy suggesting more time in the middle CB for himself?

He made a point about training for goal kicking about 4 times a week and it was treated seriously with Choco lurking in the wings post match if they stuffed up lol.

I was on the road plus ongoing toothache flaring at the time so don't hold me to the accuracy about reg & forward/ CBA stuff.

Edited by Demon Dynasty
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

50 minutes ago, Demon Dynasty said:

Apart from the bit about Clarry that i didn't catch.

The only point i took was that he thought Reg was probably better spending a tad time forward more so than himself with Maxy suggesting more time in the middle CB for himself?

He made a point about training for goal kicking about 4 times a week and it was treated seriously with Choco lurking in the wings post match if they stuffed up lol.

I was on the road plus ongoing toothache flaring at the time so don't hold me to the accuracy about reg & forward/ CBA stuff.

There are plenty of good Dentists in Lulie st Just ask anyone who lives nearby!

• Haha 1

I admit that I have some anxiety about Monday’s game, but, along with the general optimism of Tuesday’s podcast still creating a warm glow, I just discovered that there’s a show on Binge called FBoys.

I presume most of the Magpie supporter base is watching this trash, and enjoying it.

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, picket fence said:

There are plenty of good Dentists in Lulie st Just ask anyone who lives nearby!

It might end up being more than one tooth if i did PF

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Demon Dynasty said:

It might end up being more than one tooth if i did PF

This is the typical profile of the Clientele so you would not qualify!😁

Image result for morlocks

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, DubDee said:

some good sliders for the Big Freeze. couple more to be announced 

• Mick Fanning
  • Tayla Harris
  • Abbey Gelmi
  • Jason Dunstall
  • Eric Bana
  • Tony Shaw
  • Michelle Payne
  • Aaron Finch

I’ve heard of Shaw, Dunstall, Bana and Finch - no clue as to who the others are!

• Sad 2

You don't know Melbourne's own Premiership player Tayla Harris, world surfing champ Mick Fanning or Melbourne Cup winning jockey Michelle Payne?   

As for Abbey Gelmi ... no idea what her claim to fame might be.

• Like 7