PREGAME: Rd 08 vs Gold Coast

Demonland

10 hours ago, beelzebub said:

Might be me... the new occulars... or.. 🤷🤷🤔..   but ive noticed his kicking . Even I initially thought it just the odd occurrence  but started to take particular notice ...

Granted the earlier games this year.....   Its only his kicking per se..  the getting and going..  does well...   but id like a $ for every time he's burnt the the deliveree .

I prefer Christian in this role. 

I’m not sure what you are noticing. You do realise that despite being under the hammer quite a bit, trying to clear from a congested backline, he is going at 82.4% DE? I love Salo but even at his absolute best he has never had a season with a DE with above 80%

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Or maybe he simply didn't make the team purely because how well we're travelling and the form of Pickett, Nibbler and now Chandler who are just much more dynamic at ground level.

It's a hard side to crack. He'll just need to bide his time.

Dermie today said Dees are his flag favourites because we have best hardest midfield.

And the talent now that can't get a game being a major inidicator.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Thinking 1

6 minutes ago, Whispering_Jack said:

The Casey game is at 12.05pm.

Yeah, I know that, but Docs Demons is saying we have to leave the ground after the Casey match then re-enter when gates re-open at 2:30. The Casey match won’t even have finished by then. Also, it’s very important that we know since we would have to pack up all our gear, drag it out of the ground, then return at 2:30. It doesn’t make sense. I hope DD can say where he’s read this. 

Edited by WalkingCivilWar
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, FlashInThePan said:

I’m not sure what you are noticing. You do realise that despite being under the hammer quite a bit, trying to clear from a congested backline, he is going at 82.4% DE? I love Salo but even at his absolute best he has never had a season with a DE with above 80%

Just goes to show again stats are arguably useless.

What am i noticing... who he kicks it to....or rather...misses. If youre going to get cute with delivery....get it right.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, rumpole said:

Hibbo is odds on favourite for this week’s mystery player of the week.

huh ?

1 hour ago, At the break of Gawn said:

Where’s Spargo? Also, surely Hibberd is a late out and someone like Schache comes back in so Petty can go down back? Suns have got 3x 195cm+ forwards and they’ve brought in Casboult. 

Weather forecast also says it’ll be a dry game.

Why would Hibberd be a late out ?

• Like 1

Spargo mustn’t be ready, playing it safe. Otherwise he’d be sub (emergency) so pretty obvious he isn’t ready folks 

Edited by Nudge
  • Like 2
  • Thinking 1

I rate Spargo really high, but none of Chandler, Kozzie or ANB can miss out on present form. Not a huge fan of a forward line with Grundy and JVR as main bigger targets, but while the scoring is high with such a huge spread of individual goal kickers each week, it seems to be working.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Nudge said:

Spargo mustn’t be ready, playing it safe. Otherwise he’d be sub (emergency) so pretty obvious he isn’t ready folks 

Someone here said Goody mentioned in his pre match presser than spargo was available for selection.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Yeah, I know that, but Docs Demons is saying we have to leave the ground after the Casey match then re-enter when gates re-open at 2:30. The Casey match won’t even have finished by then. Also, it’s very important that we know since we would have to pack up all our gear, drag it out of the ground, then return at 2:30. It doesn’t make sense. I hope DD can say where he’s read this. 

From the HB stadium website:
VFL INFORMATION:

VFL Round 7: SUNS vs. Casey Demons

Start Time: 12:05pm

Gate 3 will open early at 12:00pm

All attendees to the VFL must have a valid AFL match day ticket to attend the game

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Left Foot Snap said:

From the HB stadium website:
VFL INFORMATION:

VFL Round 7: SUNS vs. Casey Demons

Start Time: 12:05pm

Gate 3 will open early at 12:00pm

All attendees to the VFL must have a valid AFL match day ticket to attend the game

I’ve read this and while it makes it clear that one ticket gets you into both matches, it doesn’t mention having to leave the ground in between matches, which is what Docs Demons has stated. 

• Like 1

Thinking ahead just a little, but does anyone get the feeling Salem might not be an automatic inclusion once fit? Pretty tight competition in the roles he might slide into.

Certainly there's a case for giving him time to rediscover form at Casey, but it does feel a bit weird that we could be looking at a Casey team with multiple mature premiership players in it, plus Dunstan, Melksham and Smith!

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, old dee said:

And the reason why I don't go to night games May to August Steve. 

27c over here today. Need that third team in WA. 

• Like 4

I prefer forward 50 defensive pressure with multiple goal scorers and ground ball ability. I actually thought Schache had some ok touches, incl. for 1st goal by Chandler, he positioned perfectly for the ariel contest and tapped well to Petracca. But would have Petty back in as his forward defensive 50 ability is an asset to contest against an Aliir Aliir type (Sydney must still be spewing he is playing for PA). And we need to get a block of games into JVR, it is an investment that needs to be made. 

Totally agree about Bowey burning a few with his lobbed kicking, (a bit Cameron Bruce), but need to see that Salem has his run back, we'll die if he can't motor properly.

McVee to my eye is playing better than Bowey, incredible how he has come on.

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, McQueen said:

27c over here today. Need that third team in WA. 

Who and where ? 

• Like 1