TRAINING: Friday 17th March 2023

kev martin

12 minutes ago, Demonland said:

May now kicking to Griffith 50m from out of the square. 

11 minutes ago, Demonland said:

They’re finished that now. May walking very gingerly. 

They seem quite contrasting?

• Like 4

Just now, dazzledavey36 said:

With a calf injury?

Wow.. interesting. 

You’d assume it’s a strain and not a tear. Obviously not risking him. Perhaps he plays next week but I reckon we’ll be more conservative given his age and it being early in the season and perhaps the new conservative philosophy. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, old55 said:

They seem quite contrasting?

He was kicking well and then when they finished and were walking back to the sidelines he was walking gingerly with a noticeable limp. I’m no expert obviously but perhaps the kick to kick from short pass then to longer passes slightly aggravated his soreness. He’s walking around the boundary a lot better now. Clearly there is a strain to the calf. It’s by no means a long term injury. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Bystander said:

I believe Casey playing Bulldogs tomorrow

Must be as the 2nds have just come on to the field. They’re just on the sidelines at the moment and I assume they are training separately right after the Captain’s Run. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Salem said is in training jumper with his trusty wrist strapping so I assume he will be training. 

Fritsch is in training tshirt perhaps indicating that he won’t be participating in full training. 

I can’t stay for the entire 2nds training but will Report on whether Bayley trains or not. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Demonland said:

He was kicking well and then when they finished and were walking back to the sidelines he was walking gingerly with a noticeable limp. I’m no expert obviously but perhaps the kick to kick from short pass then to longer passes slightly aggravated his soreness. He’s walking around the boundary a lot better now. Clearly there is a strain to the calf. It’s by no means a long term injury. 

But it doesn’t sound like a 1-2 weeker either. My guess will be 3-4. 

• Like 1

That’s a wrap from Preseason Training. 

A massive thanks to all of our trackwatchers over the summer. You’ve lifted the bar for future seasons. 

Thanks to @kev martin @picket fence @Slartibartfast @george_on_the_outer @Gator @DeelightfulPlay @DeeSpencer @dazzledavey36 @Nudge @Wizard333 @McQueen @Tough Kent @Yokozuna @Dee Zephyr @Stiff Arm @EMDE @Bitter but optimistic @stinga @RedLegs23 @waynewussell @DemonWheels @Deespicable @old dee @dworship @Tim 

Apologies to anybody I missed. 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 8
  • Love 1

It will be interesting to see the pathway back to the seniors we use for Salem and Fritta who have now missed signifcant chunks of training.  Viney and hopefully May you'd think would be fine to return straight back to the seniors, but will Salem and Fritsch be better off if we can nurse them through limited gametime at Casey to prepare them for full AFL games.  If we struggle to score or rebound out of D50, we may feel a lot of pressure to rush them back, but I hope that's not the case.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gawndy the Great said:

But it doesn’t sound like a 1-2 weeker either. My guess will be 3-4. 

I’m no expert. I have no idea on timeframes nor the severity of the injury.  Just reporting my observations. He was able to kick. He wasn’t running. You could tell he was limping but it wasn’t an exaggerated limp. 

1 minute ago, Demonland said:

I’m no expert. I have no idea on timeframes nor the severity of the injury.  Just reporting my observations. He was able to kick. He wasn’t running. You could tell he was limping but it wasn’t an exaggerated limp. 

Was the kicking 'off a step' or with run-up? I'm in the '224' camp if it was the former.

Here's to tomorrow night showing he can take his time!

• Like 1

I think we will go easy on May. Calves are very tricky injuries especially at his age and especially with his body size.
He is just so important to us, if he does it again it could well be a 2 month injury. If it’s just a strain now then surely they take no risks and get him cherry ripe. 
We cannot win the flag without him. I don’t care what anyone says. As a defense first team, you can’t afford to lose the best defender in arguably the competition, and not have it ruin your season. 
He is up there with Oliver in terms of critical importance. 

We looked [censored] horrific when he missed those mid year games last year. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, EMDE said:

For the record, 40 years of medical expertise comes with the posts. But also, I’m circumspect enough to not give anything away to the oppo or breach medical confidence

Because the opposition hasn't got access to 40 years of medical experience anywhere?  Really?

Poor opposition.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Redleg said:

The medical diagnoses from afar, presumably with no medical training are hilarious. Keep them up.

Mmm, interesting.

I'm no psychologist, but classic signs here of one of the more pernicious mental health conditions - curmudgeonitis (commonly referred to as killjoy or wet blanket syndrome). 

Men over 55 are most at risk of what can be a very debilitating condition, one that is often very hard on friends and family.

Education is important in our efforts to battle this scourge. 

Early diagnosis is the key.

# curmudgeonitis is no laughing matter

• Like 1
  • Haha 8
  • Clap 2

1 hour ago, Demonland said:

Yep definitely only Melksham of the 4 named Emergencies. I’d say he’s a certainty for the Sub. 

He's on 94 games for us, operation get to 100?

• Like 3

Gorgeous morning at Gosch's.

They walk to the paddock in separated groups. A mingled splattering of goal kickers and talkers. Goody and Chapman enter, the whistle blows, and they're away.

A tight circle as they hear from Marty (club volunteer) and welcome the debutantes.

They hit their straps in a six station drill, and found their voices in the three players running through the centre, passing and running on.

A slow motion sim, as players under the ball are given time. Though not much space. The coaches instructing as to who would get the stoppage, or would take the ball with a request or call on the lead. Goody pumped a long kick down the corridor. Chocco leading and trying high skill kicking. Other trainers in as well.

McVee hanging with the backline group.

Bowey focused.

Laurie looked completely ready. Had a great training. He backed up his team-mates a couple of times.

Tomlinson is looking fast and tall.

Melky barely missed a goal.

BBB turning well when switching within the triangles.

The park had, Storm with full teams training, and The Victory about to go through their issues. 

GO DEES

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Demonland said:

Has been widely reported as a calf injury. Where did you hear it was a hammy?

I can’t recall exactly. 

Thanks for clarifying.