CHANGES: Rd 23 vs Brisbane

Demonland

Joel Smith or JVR in the forward line to create some dynamic contests.

Bowey in for Salem who has been awful all year.

Harmes in to tag Neale and remain a tagger for rest of his career because that’s where he plays his best football.

ANB or Spargo out because they simply do not provide the crumbing up forward we need.

Ben Brown out even though Weideman hasn’t been good we seem to play better with him in the team. I prefer Weideman to Jackson (contract distracted) as the second ruck at the moment.

Get Jordon the handbrake off the wing.

Do we have a better option than Sparrow?

Edited by Clint Bizkit
  • Haha 6
  • Facepalm 2

4 minutes ago, monoccular said:

Weed or JVR would be more competitive than BBB

Would rather BBB with a missing leg over Weid

van Rooyen on the other hand there's an argument for, which is concerning

• Like 16
  • Facepalm 1

Will never happen but we’d be no worse with Harmes for Petracca. His defensive work is a joke and he’s not giving much offensively.

JJ and Sparrow just going about their roles. So they’re the most vulnerable. Gus more wing and Harmes to Neale makes sense.

Not really his fault but Spargo struggling. Bedford and Chandler managed this week from VFL

The problem with the side is mostly the best players underperforming and not the role players.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Only change - a forward option to help out. Apart from the one-arm efforts and concrete hands, BBB must have contested 30 aerial  contests, and was two-to-one or three-to-one every time. He needs a hand. Joel Smith is a point of difference option who I would consider heavily.

• Like 9

Spargo is about the only one able to deliver inside 50 but he's been very poor in the contest and barely touching it. I'd drop him for a second key forward, Weid/Jvr/Smith I don't really care.  I like Brayshaw in the middle but reckon he can be covered there, move him to the wing, drop Jordon and bring in Harmes. Bowey would be a useful in but not sure how we squeeze him in.

Edited by Nascent
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Against a side with 3 talls he stays in but against smaller line ups we really should ask what the point of Lever is chasing around half back flankers, Hibberd, Hunt and Rivers all did a better job intercepting and actually provide rebound.