TEAMS: Rd 13 vs Collingwood

Demonland

A lot of players have to be on notice inc BBB, Sparrow & Spargo. 

As long as our forward line brings the ball to ground and the smalls hit the packs we should at least get some forward turnover goals. This was the main thing missing last week - something like 5 pts from turnovers the whole game when our whole game is about scores from turnovers shows how off the midfield and forwards were.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Rivers was BOG v Swans in VFL last week. I thought he’d be back to replace Hunt. 

Feels about right from the MFC listed guys from what i saw too NS.  

If i was being honest i really didn't see any stand outs (on the MFC list anyway) who were knocking the door down though.  Turner did show some patches of very nice work and has done so for a few weeks so they must think he is ready for a look at the big time given that May (Petty?) isn't returning.

Thought Hibb played at a decent level for longer vs the previous week (makes sense given the long layoff).  Guess they just wanted him to run out most of a game then straight in for the Pies (sub? yikes).  Moniz showed one or two glimpses of his class.  Hopefully he can keep building and impacting from here.

Outside of those on our list the usual culprits popped up in White & Munro, thought White had yet another very solid game.  This bloke can play well in almost any possie now.  The other that keeps impressing for mine is Ellison who appears to have a very good football brain, reads the play well and has some nice moves to find a bit of extra time & space to finish.

Edited by Demon Dynasty
  • Thanks 1

Agree a bit stuff on Hunt, though not disputing the fact that he's been dropped, especially with Hibberd and Rivers available. But last week was a bit of a perfect storm for him, the backline a bit all over the shop without May there and Salem still off the pace, and he got stuck one on one with Papley and Heeney, two of the best in the business.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Hunt dropped seems harsh. No idea why Weideman is in unless we are planning to drop Mitch Brown. 
Turner likely debuts if Petty isn’t right to go. 

I am still so mad that May isn’t there thanks to his utter stupidity.

100% agree with all that Jaded No More ……… but I would go a bit further, and describe May’s actions as totally disrespectful to MFC culture, his team mates, our Club, and our supporters and members.  
Sorry, but after singing his praises for several years, he has lost me.  He has a lot of to do to regain my respect.

• Love 1

You'd think there would have been a little ceremony at training dropped on the club website if Daniel Turner was going to debut this week. Unless it's too early with our game being on the Monday. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ham said:

M.Brown still in is laughable.

Looking like terrible choices, we'll see once the final team is announced.  

At least Mitch Brown stayed in front of his bloke which is a standard Weideman hasn’t set for himself. Have some respect.

Edited by rpfc
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It may be bad that May is out suspended, however I think the team has been dropping off defensive actions further up the ground and expecting May and his backline minions to repel most attacks.  With him out and lever off a bit, whole team defence is even more important.  This ‘forced out’ might encourage players to get back to the system, rather than letting the back line do the heavy lifting.

i would like to see Turner come in as he has had some good games for Casey.  Maybe Weid for Brown, M?  ANB not the centreman.  Should have enough to beat the pies, if we get the forward line working and match their pressure at the contest.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Rab D Nesbitt said:

You'd think there would have been a little ceremony at training dropped on the club website if Daniel Turner was going to debut this week. Unless it's too early with our game being on the Monday. 

They’re waiting to see how Petty comes up I’d imagine, giving him probably until the last moment possible. 

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, adonski said:

Sparrow is the lockdown small defender we're looking for but no one is ready for that conversation

In theory, Rivers and Bowie should be our lock-down small defenders. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Demon Dynasty said:

Feels about right from the MFC listed guys from what i saw too NS.  

If i was being honest i really didn't see any stand outs (on the MFC list anyway) who were knocking the door down though.  Turner did show some patches of very nice work and has done so for a few weeks so they must think he is ready for a look at the big time given that May (Petty?) isn't returning.

Thought Hibb played at a decent level for longer vs the previous week (makes sense given the long layoff).  Guess they just wanted him to run out most of a game then straight in for the Pies (sub? yikes).  Moniz showed one or two glimpses of his class.  Hopefully he can keep building and impacting from here.

Outside of those on our list the usual culprits popped up in White & Munro, thought White had yet another very solid game.  This bloke can play well in almost any possie now.  The other that keeps impressing for mine is Ellison who appears to have a very good football brain, reads the play well and has some nice moves to find a bit of extra time & space to finish.

I've watched a bit of Casey this year, and Rosman looks close to AFL level, although not heaps of the ball in recent weeks. Agree about Moniz-Wakefiled. He looks classy but goes missing for long periods. 

1 hour ago, Ham said:

So who will you replace him with?

1 hour ago, Ham said:

Why?? He worked his guts out and did a few good things. He could bob up and kick a couple of goals! I think your comments harsh!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ham said:

My Spin...

• Hunt a Tad unlucky but he did cost 2 Goals and disposal still Iffy!
  • Team as named in 18 WILL play exept Petty to have a fitness test Early Monday
  • Final Bench dependent on Petty to be Harmes, Jackson, Hibberd and either Turner or Tomlinson depending on Petty
  • Medi Sub either Baker or Chandler
  • Bedford DESPERATELY unlucky not to get a Gig!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, At the break of Gawn said:

It was obvious Mitch Brown was staying. Goody said he was playing better footy over Weideman. I’m happy to trust Goody on this.

Trust your eyes too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Rivers was BOG v Swans in VFL last week. I thought he’d be back to replace Hunt. 

Absolute B/S. Rivers had a fair few possessions but made a number of blunders & got beaten by his opponent several times.  

He is not in very good form.

• Like 2