Bevo unleashes on Tom Morris

dazzledavey36

I’m not surprised some are defending Bevo. People will plant their flag on any old dung heap and die on that hill, just to be heard these days. 

Chopper’s image and Britney’s meltdown. 
Journalism across the board is in the gutter. But like your mate Che Guevara, pick your battles. This wasn’t it. This was Tom doing his job to a decent standard for once. About a regular player not playing. Who gives a [censored]? Then you try to sneak him back in to look like the info was wrong, then admit it’s right and you’ve got a leaky ship. Unprofessional comedy capers. 

And the mental health card, I’m sick of that [censored]. People use it for anything and everything. 
Crashed a car, mental health. 
Caught racking up, mental health. 
Banged your mate’s missus, mental health. 
Report on leaky team news, you guessed it. 
Makes a mockery of people having actual issues. 

• Like 19
  • Love 3

What a sook Bevo is. Totally unprofessional and the Bulldogs game style is go hard early and run out of legs and hope to hang on! Predictable game plan and coaching.

• Like 3

He has form, Beveridge. He may be a great motivator of his players and a good tactical coach, but he seems to have an anger management issue and I hope he cops it far and wide. Morris did not a single thing wrong. It's not "gutter journalism" or "muck raking" for a journalist to report on team selection before teams are announced. Jon Ralph and Riley Beveridge have both reported on team selection today at other clubs whose teams are yet to be announced.

Not only that, but we know Morris' mail was correct.

It just reeks of someone who cannot contain his anger.

• Like 4

There was clearly a history to this story that was not clear to me.  But, the Fox commentators crossed to Tom in one of the team rooms after the game.  Tom said he needed to rush off to Bevo's presser.  Tom clearly showed some trepidation about going to the presser, apparently knowing Bevo was not going to make him welcome, and the other commentators were all laughing, even suggesting he needed someone to accompany him for his protection.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, pitmaster said:

Evidence?

Nor should he 'HAVE ANY RESPECT FOR ANY CLUB" if you mean by that he should treat them all equally.

I'm not a fan. I think he's a goose, but I haven't seen that he's done anything that is the wrong way about being a journalist in the AFL. What's the right way? Only writing "nice" stories?

PS: Having been alerted to the Jesse Hogan tweet I'll put a question mark on my own statement about right/way/wrong/way. If he used a separate internal and privileged role at any club to warehouse material to promote his journalism then he is a grub.

I suggest you do your own research. I'm not going to waste my time and energy detailing to you or anyone else why Morris is absolute slime ball of human and a complete joke as a journalist. 

• Facepalm 2
  • Vomit 1

51 minutes ago, chook fowler said:

Bevo is Danny from Droop ST

Except that Danny I can feel sorry for….

• Like 2

12 hours ago, DeeZee said:

I’m sorry , but the bulldogs are a club of absolute sooks.

Whinging over a bloody song, and then calling Morris a gutter journo for reporting an out???

Love beating this mob.

It's not even a song worth sooking about

We should have played Faith No More's Epic as we walked out last night

"You want it all but you can't have it

It's in your face but you can't grab it"

Give them something to sook it up about

Man, is this what winning hubris feels like?! I LIKE IT!:roos:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Did anyone just catch Bevo's presser? Absolutely went nuts at Tom Morris for the Lachie Hunter story. Was quite Extraordinary. 

Bevo walked straight out immediately. 

Thoughts?

IMG_8070.MOV

Beveridge needs counselling. Seriously. The pre-season speech citing Rosa Luxemburg and Guevara was comical - and a bit weird. The Chopper Read mo (and the manner to match) needs to go. He's going to find this hard to live down. Every presser from now on will be tense.

Edited by Redlagged
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, Deestroy All said:

This was Tom doing his job to a decent standard for once. About a regular player not playing. Who gives a [censored]? Then you try to sneak him back in to look like the info was wrong, then admit it’s right and you’ve got a leaky ship. Unprofessional comedy capers.

Bevo's outwitted himself with these shenanigans. The "wiley coach who pulls devastating match day moves to confound and befuddle his opponents" thing is overblown and largely a thing of the past anyway. The best teams in any sport usually play to an uncomplicated method but execute it very very well. Players are not rocket scientists.

Hard to think Bevo's standing at his club hasn't gone down because of this.

• Like 4

It still makes me laugh that Bevo thinks that leaking Hunter's non selection is so damaging that it could have been why they lost.

Mate, Hunter is an average plodder. Goodwin would have given him 0.4 seconds of air time in the team meeting. 

Also the late outs and playing swings and roundabouts with your selections is really odd. Such a dumb thing to waste energy on, up there with cracking the sads over a crappy doof doof song.

• Like 6

Said this in the post-match thread, after all the carp the HS ran on Goody regarding allegations of bullying here is a coach being an actual bully towards a person doing his job whether you like him or not. He gets a story regarding a player being on the outs, there is no footy journalist who isn’t going to run it. His issue is the leak which is an issue for him and his club. 

The way we handled the Goody/Doctor/bullying allegations (non) story was textbook and professional. What Bevo did was unprofessional and actual bullying. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I know it's an unpopular stance but I was cheering Bevo on during that outburst. Tom Morris is a weasel and there's been plenty more before him that have come and gone. They get off on breaking stories with no regard for who it's affecting.

Their only value is breaking stories and leaking gossip, and they eventually get spat out because no one respects them. Ask Mark Stevens how it worked out for him. He was doing Tom Morris' job before.

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 4

To be honest I felt embarrassed for Bevo and Tom Morris the more he went on made me think that he is a bit unhinged, I hope that he doesn’t Bully his players or staff in the same manner. Get a grip Bevo.!!

• Like 1