Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Farewell Luke Jackson

Lucifers Hero

On 9/2/2022 at 10:35 PM, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Was absolutely pathetic tonight.

One mark and absolutely taken to the cleaners by a 4 club journey man.

It is a considerable shame, that performance. He could well have given match-winning input to our overall effort. He is still contracted (and was in that game, of course) but did not appear to be capable of accepting the responsibility of wearing the jumper with pride, providing the inputs and outputs that were anticipated, absolutely required and so very necessary for an improved overall team result. Some un-blooded Casey or AFL bench-warmer did not get that opportunity, as a consequence. There seems to be some attitude barrier, perhaps; we need players who enter the field with determination for the team, with the team and share their skills as members of the team. 

• Facepalm 1

19 minutes ago, Mach5 said:

I think it’s a ploy by Jackson’s management to gain leverage; if you don’t agree to a trade, we’ll go to the PSD and he’ll land at the eagles for no return.

Maybe. Maybe early Melb/Freo negotiations haven’t been as good as his mgmt would’ve liked and they don’t want to expose him by nominating a club and not getting there…

Dangerous ploy if it is a PSD threat though because if WC throw up an offer Melbourne prefer, Melb will make noise that they are our preferred trading partner and Luke will be somewhat locked into going down that path (or, if he doesn’t, he will look like he is playing games).

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Clint Bizkit said:

Not Darling, Oscar Allen.

Allen would be better for sure but West Coast won't trade him. Darling is 30 so expendable. He's exactly what we need to straighten us up and allows JVR to develop as our 3rd tall for a couple more years

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Vomit 1

1 hour ago, Kent said:

Still dont think he will go

Media speculation is ridiculous.  Jack has said nothing!

Dees will meet with him soon and re-sign in my view

Lol

I'm not sure what has been written is speculation anymore. Those articles are definitive and specified when Jackson will notify the club. 

The huge positive is what has been written regarding West Coast and from the article it sounds like Jackson will do what's best for us given he wants to go 'home'. I just can't see us losing in this trade now that West Coast are involved. Freo now know they have to beat pick 2. 

It's a win win. For a player that has been enormously over-hyped. 

And what we can do with that draft haul and ammunition is exciting. 

Edited by JimmyGadson
  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1

All I can say is, I’m extremely disappointed in Jackson. We gave him the world, including a Rising Star, the best mentor in the game, oh yeah and a Flag! 
Some will say nobody can resist the money, but I believe he would be getting very well paid no matter where he goes. Some will say the pull of family is too strong, but ffs he’s a 4 hour flight away from mum and dad. He’s 20 and has a whole life living next to family ahead of him. 
Choosing to leave is a poor decision that reeks of no mental fortitude or gratitude for what he has received from our club. 
No support from me and I won’t wish him well. 

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

All I can say is, I’m extremely disappointed in Jackson. We gave him the world, including a Rising Star, the best mentor in the game, oh yeah and a Flag! 
Some will say nobody can resist the money, but I believe he would be getting very well paid no matter where he goes. Some will say the pull of family is too strong, but ffs he’s a 4 hour flight away from mum and dad. He’s 20 and has a whole life living next to family ahead of him. 
Choosing to leave is a poor decision that reeks of no mental fortitude or gratitude for what he has received from our club. 

Think that’s a bit harsh on him Jaded. More so if he is doing the right thing by us and not nominating a club and just saying he wants to go home. His recent form hasn’t been great but I think he has handled himself well through this whole saga. 
Also I’ve come round to the idea that if we use the draft capital well it might also be the best thing for the club. 

• Like 3

Surely if he says he is wanting out he knows which club and there is a deal in place.

Freo has long been mentioned as getting him and this all seems like media click bait.

Hopefully we don’t get screwed on this. I am not confident we won’t be. To an extent we already have been, in missing out on Cerra.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, JimmyGadson said:

Lol

I'm not sure what has been written is speculation anymore. Those articles are definitive and specified when Jackson will notify the club. 

The huge positive is what has been written regarding West Coast and from the article it sounds like Jackson will do what's best for us given he wants to go to WA. I just can't see us losing in this trade now that West Coast are involved. Freo now know they have to beat pick 2. 

It's a win win. For a player that has been enormously over-hyped. 

And what we can do with that draft haul and ammunition is exciting. 

Sensible post on this issue now with reality kicking in.

The West Coast angle is huge now for win/win as you say and in JT /list management I trust.

I'm already excited by next year with serious line-up chnages coming to recapture whats needed to support our top end talent.

We were 5th best this year so move on.

But according to G Lyon last night we were No. 1 for time in front during games, and highlights the weaknesses to fix which can come - fitness, hunger, kicking accuracy.

Its not talent, its mental and some personnel moves in and out .

That's something to work on.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I get the immense disappointment. 

We had him for three years and he helped win us a premiership.  Other young gun trades have been worse eg Rankine pick 3 goes home after a few years without making a mark at GCS.  Boyd after one year at GWS goes to the Bulldogs and virtually won them a flag.  Sadly for him and other potential young guns incl HW$NBN their career collapsed for one reason or another.  They carry such a burden of expectation with the $ and the hype and I'm not sure any of them realised what they were getting into when deciding to go home or get big $..

I genuinely hope that wherever Jackson goes his career potential is fulfilled. 

I respect him for not having said a word publicly.  He let the media hype swirl around.  Could not have been easy to be unaffected by it.

I'm disappointed to lose him but if he is always pining to be elsewhere then its ok to go and I'm excited about the multiple players we will get in return via trade or draft. 

Our list needs a refresh and this might be our best chance for that in the next 4-5 years.

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Like 12

10 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Arguably has form in this space… decided he wanted out of basketball mid-tour in South America. Maybe the kid is just a homebody and is only just realising that now.

Best of luck to him - he has done enough to facilitate the possibility of playing a sport he loves professionally in his home state and is using perfectly-legal levers to make it happen.

We just need to focus on looking after ourselves now. Whether that is strangling the absolute best short term deal out of Freo/WC or maintaining a perception of being a ‘caring club’ (to safeguard future drafting of interstate talent), I’ll leave that up to the club.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, A F said:

Some will think this is a strange thing to say, but I wouldn't be surprised if our FD are fine with almost pushing out LJ, providing we can plug multiple deficiencies on our list with the capital his trade will hopefully provide.

Agree 100%.

He's not a number 1 ruck, he's not a permanent forward and floating inbetween is offering very little to us.

Wouldn't be too concerned with replacing him as he hasn't performed his role of last year for at least half the season, likely more.

I'd prefer we go for someone like Meek, we have a genuine ruck replacement and Gawn spends his rest time on the bench.

Then we can play an actual forward in that role and get a bit more in return for our forward entries.

• Like 3

Freo have six players likely to ask for a trade:  Lobb, Logue, Henry, Acres, Meek and maybe Tucker. 

At least a few of those are because Freo have made low ball offers, they slide down the order and uncertainty around their role if Jackson arrives.

If Freo lose most of those players and don't get Jackson it leaves them in a bit of a mess with their list and perhaps player trust in future.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Choosing to leave is a poor decision that reeks of no mental fortitude or gratitude for what he has received from our club

Its sad but your'e partly right on the money.

Footballers don't live in the real world.  Who leaves work for a go home factor in real life?  not me, I moved 10 times around the country for work and have never "gone back home". Its not normal for mature professiosnal like me - and Luke if he was one. Hardly anyone. its actually sort of pathetic and shows a lack of reality for the rest of the population.

My only proviso is for GWS players. Why on earth would you stay for a career to play in front of 8000 spectators, many of whom probably got free hand out tickets.

However I acknowledge his role with 21 others in winning the flag and will just ponder each day looking at my Premiership poster and think of luke wallowing at the back end of the ladder for the next few years at the Eagles.

Its great supporting the current reigning Premiers and that overcomes all angst on this issue, especially with the clubs upside for next year.

As Richard Adams wrote in Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy    to Luke I say ---"..so long, and thanks for all the fish..."

Now let's cheer JVR in 2023 and others.

CHIN UP JADED N M.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Freo have six players likely to ask for a trade:  Lobb, Logue, Henry, Acres, Meek and maybe Tucker. 

I don't have any ill will for Jacko.  It's an industry and we can't have our cake and eat it too. 

Others will disagree, but I'd be happy to trade him for Grundy, Meek and Henry.   

Edited by grazman
  • Like 1