Farewell Luke Jackson

Lucifers Hero

20 minutes ago, Demon3 said:

Fair call, there are exceptions. But Selwood, Hawkins, Duncan, Danger, Rohan, Isaac Smith, Touhey, wont be around for ever.

Feels like they have been already.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, layzie said:

I think he just doesn't want to say hi to Geelong. 

Not high on my list of things to do either 

• Like 3

Do we take the hit in the ruck and go find a cheaper back up option.

We then use the salary and trading pieces to potentially go out and get ourselves another gun mid like a Taranto from GWS?

This would then allow us to play Trac more forward at times and make us more dangerous.

Then I can change my name to the Tarantolar..... easy fix

Edited by Action Jackson
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Sydee said:

slight overreaction to someone pointing to a different approach 

My response was to Geelong. They shouldn’t be here saying hello. Who do they think they are?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I will get smashed for this but I don’t hate rendells idea. 

Take on Grundy with the pies paying a portion of his salary and Gawn goes forward/Ruck

i honestly think Grundy would get a new lease on life at the dees and we could get a potential max Gawn level ruck without huge financial or trade costs. 

hes apparently keen to stay in Melbourne 

Gawn spending more time forward could easily extend his career. 

my proposed trade 

Dockers: Luke Jackson 

dogs: Rory lobb and freo future first 

dees: Dogs 22 first (8-10) freo 22 first (15-18) and a player (Blake acres?)

Freos pick then goes on for Grundy. Giving us a competent replacement for Jackson with top end potential, and a top 10 draft pick and a more than serviceable wingman feels like a good outcome given freos lack of draft picks 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rainbow said:

Just announced on 6PR (Liam Bartlett and Brad Hardie) that Luke Jackson will definitely be at the Dockers next year. Also, they said he has recently purchased a house in the Perth suburb of Shelley.

Our list manager has just ducked down to the Chemist Warehouse to stock up on lube.

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Dwight Schrute said:

Take on Grundy with the pies paying a portion of his salary and Gawn goes forward/Ruck

i honestly think Grundy would get a new lease on life at the dees and we could get a potential max Gawn level ruck without huge financial or trade costs. 

my proposed trade 

Freos pick then goes on for Grundy. Giving us a competent replacement for Jackson with top end potential, and a top 10 draft pick and a more than serviceable wingman feels like a good outcome given freos lack of draft picks 

Instead of giving the Pies one of our first round picks, we will take on Grundy's contract as well as receive their first round pick in exchange for us paying his full salary and giving the Pies our P35. Grundy would then be completely off their books.

Edited by djr
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, djr said:

Instead of giving the Pies one of our first round picks, we will take on Grundy's contract as well as receive their first round pick in exchange for us paying his full salary and giving the Pies our P35. Grundy would then be completely off their books.

Surely that screws our own cap, we're already paying Trac and Oliver big dollars, etc. Grundy just isn't worth anywhere near his $900k price tag, let alone the purported $700k we'd have to pay in the trade scenario mooted a couple of pages back. 

• Like 1

I dont think Freo have the capital to make this a fair trade. A 3-way trade would make sense but i would be furious if we ended up with Grundy. Top picks, young tall talent, or bugger off. 

• Like 2

I'm not a close wtacher of Grundy's form, but I have the impression he has gone downhill rapidly.  Why would we want him unless the cause of his falloff can be established (eg. injury) and that it can be corrected quickly.   But that seems unlikely.

7 minutes ago, gs77 said:

Surely that screws our own cap, we're already paying Trac and Oliver big dollars, etc. Grundy just isn't worth anywhere near his $900k price tag, let alone the purported $700k we'd have to pay in the trade scenario mooted a couple of pages back. 

Maybe not. It depends on what we have allocated for LJ.

8 minutes ago, sue said:

I'm not a close wtacher of Grundy's form, but I have the impression he has gone downhill rapidly.  Why would we want him unless the cause of his falloff can be established (eg. injury) and that it can be corrected quickly.   But that seems unlikely.

He’s been carrying injuries and Collingwood are trying to undo some poor management decisions. We know his best is up there with Gawn and the alternatives ultimately are prospects. Hard to see any other situation where we get a ruckman capable of performing anywhere near Jackson’s level without giving up the farm. 

22 hours ago, Redleg said:

If Jacko goes, Rendell on SEN suggesting we end up with Grundy and a high pick.

Pies to pay say $200K of his $900k for next 5 years.

Lobb to Dogs for pick.

Freo gives picks to Pies, who save $700k a year, plus probably De Goeys' salary, which they use to chase Giants players.

Grundy then does most of ruckwork for us and Max plays more forward, which prolongs his career and gives us another marking target forward.

We use the high pick to draft another key forward.

We can then rookie another ruck.

Maybe we trade Weid to Pies as part of the deal to improve our draft position.

Lots of possibilities.

Grundy seems injury prone and only plays well when his contract is up for renewal. Pass

55 minutes ago, Rainbow said:

Just announced on 6PR (Liam Bartlett and Brad Hardie) that Luke Jackson will definitely be at the Dockers next year. Also, they said he has recently purchased a house in the Perth suburb of Shelley.

And did Liam and Brad care to elaborate on how the pick gets done? This is just headline chasing to get my clicks and listens. It happens every year. Now the signs are not great that LJ hasnt signed yet . The same goes for Brayshaw too but its premature to announce anything, but  then again the radio prey on speculation. If they go by facts, it would make for very boring listening. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dwight Schrute said:

He’s been carrying injuries and Collingwood are trying to undo some poor management decisions. We know his best is up there with Gawn and the alternatives ultimately are prospects. Hard to see any other situation where we get a ruckman capable of performing anywhere near Jackson’s level without giving up the farm. 

They need to start to restock their midfield and i suspect they'll try to trade rather than develop. Sidebottom and Pendlebury are very near the ends and De Goey appears on the way out, which leaves some gaping holes. Far too much will fall on Adams and Crisp who are not elite midfielders - Daicos looks great, but he is just a kid playing off HB atm. 

So to me, they are probably Melbourne circa 2018 - lot of similarities: new coach, exceeding expectations etc and will need to free cap space to chase their key deficiencies in order to be a genuine premiership threat. 

• Like 1

Hate to lose Jackson. Cry Cry Cry GIF by MOODMAN 

Always a risk when you bring across a youngster from interstate.  If we had to , I’d support the trade triangle of 

dogs: Rory lobb and freo future ‘23 first round

dees: Dogs ‘22 first pick (9-10) freo ‘22 first pick (15-18) and a Freo player like Lloyd Meek

Edited by spirit of norm smith
K
  • Like 2
  • Thinking 1

28 minutes ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Hate to lose Jackson. Cry Cry Cry GIF by MOODMAN 

Always a risk when you bring across a youngster from interstate.  If we had to , I’d support the trade triangle of 

dogs: Rory lobb and freo future ‘23 first round

dees: Dogs ‘22 first pick (9-10) freo ‘22 first pick (15-18) and a Freo player like Lloyd Meek

Haven't Freo traded this year's first round pick?

That deal would be a shocker for us anyway.

Freo trade P15 and Lobb to the dogs for 10. 

We trade our second round (P35 currently) and Jackson to Freo for Serong and P10 on traded from the dogs.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Kick_It_To_Pickett said:

I’d rather keep Brayshaw and lose Jackson. To lose both to Freo would be a disaster, given Freo has zero draft/trade capital and is also on the window. Essentially, we’d be making one of our rivals stronger. 

Me too.

1 hour ago, Dwight Schrute said:

my proposed trade 

WE dont need a wingman (Acres) but Griffin Logue is a valuable key position competitive and versatile footballer who is a very Melbourne type of player and young enough to improve (just like Jackson will).  He could easile be a CHF FF or a key backman at FB or CHB.