TRAINING: Friday 11th December 2020

Demonland

11 minutes ago, Pickett2Jackson said:

Very quiet in here.  What happened to that Saty fella?

He lives I believe in Richmond so I don’t think he goes to Casey. In fact it would appear no one does. We need a  scribe from Casey to give us reports. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, old dee said:

He lives I believe in Richmond so I don’t think he goes to Casey. In fact it would appear no one does. We need a  scribe from Casey to give us reports. 

I might plan on going down to Casey next Friday if I can. I will do a report if I get there. Are you allowed in? What time does training start?

• Like 1

Might be time for Demonland to advertise for a foreign correspondent to be embedded in deepest Cranbourne for the next year. We can send in survival packages of Seven Seeds coffee, craft beers and a cheese platter each month along with a copy of The Red Fox for guidance should their stoicism start to crumble at any point. 

• Haha 7

8 hours ago, WERRIDEE said:

I might plan on going down to Casey next Friday if I can. I will do a report if I get there. Are you allowed in? What time does training start?

These are all questions we’d love answered. I’d go down to a training session or two but I’m not driving all the way out there to be shut out. 

• Like 2

There are definitely supporters and track watchers down Casey way (including myself), but they have the facilities closed, so you can't actually enter. 

*I should add, this is because the players/coaches/etc.. don't enter where patrons do, so they have no reason to open the gate to let watchers in, so they simply don't*

Edited by Ham
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Casey is a huge negative for the players. The lack of an inner city training venue makes travelling to Casey not only a frustrating bore but not conducive to injury management, general soreness and fatigue after hard training sessions. 

Also thought to be one of the main reasons why we lost Isaac Smith to Geelong. 

Makes securing a more convenient location an urgent need. 

• Like 5
  • Angry 1

1 minute ago, hemingway said:

Casey is a huge negative for the players. The lack of an inner city training venue makes travelling to Casey not only a frustrating bore but not conducive to injury management, general soreness and fatigue after hard training sessions. 

Gawny now lives in Blarigowrie, meaning he is closer to Casey, than what he is Melbourne. 

I understand what you're saying, but that won't dictate where the players decide to live and the proximity they are to the club's home base. 

Preuss also lived near Nar Nar Goon.

13 minutes ago, Ham said:

Gawny now lives in Blarigowrie, meaning he is closer to Casey, than what he is Melbourne. 

I understand what you're saying, but that won't dictate where the players decide to live and the proximity they are to the club's home base. 

Preuss also lived near Nar Nar Goon.

We talk about the lifestyle Geelong offers to potential players, 1 hour from city a number of Surf beaches 30 min away, the coastal life.

Casey although not the same would open up to players living on the Mornington peninsula, Philip Island and one of my favourite places Inverloch. You have 2 u18 sides out that way with good programs.

Hawthorn are moving to Dingley to me that is worse than Casey

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, hemingway said:

Hi Ernest .

Have missed you around here

Hope all is ok

2 hours ago, hemingway said:

The facilities are far better there than Goschs with the new rooms and ground surface state of the art.

Have you seen them yet?

Please don't put a largely personal opinion As if it has affected the playing group.

Yes if you asked most they would prefer the City location but you could not compare the facilities in any way to Goschs with all the Govt money spent in the upgrade at Casey.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, old dee said:

I am sure the move to Casey is the right move because training will be better than Goschs. However it sure is not good for getting training reports.

It's a long way from town on a Razor scooter......

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, old dee said:

Once when I was visiting from Sydney I ran into DeeSpencer at Casey... not sure if that means he's a local.  Also, there are a couple who often report on Casey games, so another possibility?

2 hours ago, hemingway said:

Casey is a huge negative for the players. The lack of an inner city training venue makes travelling to Casey not only a frustrating bore but not conducive to injury management, general soreness and fatigue after hard training sessions

Yes, it's a long walk back to town ?