Bombers Implode

pineapple dee

14 hours ago, CYB said:

Wouldn't jump up and down about this too much. This could be us next year if we don't make the 8.

I do share that concern. Talented players don't want to squander their career on a no-hoper. 

38 minutes ago, defuture15 said:

My most hated team by the length of flemington straight. I was at the GF in 2000.

Essendon most arrogant supporters in the league. Starting to worry about Carlton becoming great again.

same same! My old man got a ticket in the posh section with his mates, I got a ticket on my own and was stuck next a racist Bombers f log. He was even racist to Bombers players. He was politely told to leave after the first qrt and graciously did so. Made the day even worse but then the arrogance of them during and since the drug saga just annoys me so much. Where is the medal Jobe?!?!?!?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, titan_uranus said:

If you think pick 7 is ridiculous, there were rumours last year that Sydney offered pick 5 in last year's draft and their first round 2020 pick, which has turned out to be pick 3 this year.

They won't get pick 7 this year if Brisbane's contract is middling, which it might be salary-wise given the injury risk.

If those rumours were true then it looks like the Bombers have royally stuffed it up.

• Haha 1

Actually the bombers have almost moved from my hate them column to the don't care, irrelevant, almost pity them, column. One of the few (only?) teams we have had more success than in the last 20 years.

Hawthorn will never leave my hate them column. Never. Ever.  I hate them.

Edited by binman
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, DubDee said:

bombers are a rabble - their arrogance has been shown up. Simply expecting to return to the top coz they are a ‘big’ club.

I can't stand the bombers either, but curious as to how you've come up with this comment? 

27 minutes ago, Smokey said:

I can't stand the bombers either, but curious as to how you've come up with this comment? 

1. Arrogance of their supporter base
  2. Fuelled by the AFL's biased treatment towards them across the doping scandal
  3. Large supporter base.

The irony of point 3 being that most Melbourne clubs have a large supporter base when things are going well. We dominated the % of crowd support during the finals played at the MCG in 2018.

Edited by TRIGON
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, binman said:

Actually the bombers have almost moved from my hate them column to the don't care, irrelevant, almost pity them, column. One of the few (only?) teams we have had more success than in the last 20 years.

Agree Binman,

Irrelevant and lack of care is where I put the Bombers too... There is no point hating on them.

Also, for those people thinking that first round is too high for Daniher, it's the AFL compensation system that judges it, and Daniher is going to net them a first round pick, nothing more certain than that!!  Brisbane will rightly offer Daniher a 4+ year contract of at least 600k a season I imagine. Tell me how they don't get a first round pick out that contract.

Similarly for those arguing that Saad isn't worth the first round pick of 7 or whatever the Blues have.... The Bombers offered 5 year contract at 600k didn't they?  the Blues barely matched it, if Saad were a free agent then you would get a first round compensation for that, and Saad is still contracted so Carlton will need to pay 'overs' to the bombers to get him out of there. He's also finished in their B&F top 3 for two years and 4th in the other year, he's one of their best players.... I'm certain that they will be after more than just pick 7 from the Blues.

.... and this is the most highly compromised draft in memory... pick 7 or 8 is going to be 12-15.... so value of the picks is totally out of whack with the academy players up this year.

Edited by Ouch!
  • Like 2

i have no issues with daniher being a band 1 compo - no different to us losing frawley

if saad is worth a 5 year deal at big coin to carlton then surely he's worth a first round pick in terms of trade

it will be interesting to see what essendon do with their trio of picks in a row

ultimately it comes down to the culture of the club and how they manage that more than bringing in top line quality players

Look I'm glad that there is another club out there that has players wanting to leave. It's also better it's a big club and there new coach hasn't officially started yet on his own and he has players wanting out. Essendon isn't a destination club like it used to be. I'm laughing at the supporters just venting how angry they are, hearing Mattty Lloyd talk about how it's sad what happening. 

In a way I hope Merrett goes to at some stage then that will really hurt them. 

Look they are going to get some early draft picks and get some young talent in but essendon fans aren't patient and they want success. 

We can only hope it's a mile away. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, whatwhatsaywhat said:

i have no issues with daniher being a band 1 compo - no different to us losing frawley

if saad is worth a 5 year deal at big coin to carlton then surely he's worth a first round pick in terms of trade

it will be interesting to see what essendon do with their trio of picks in a row

ultimately it comes down to the culture of the club and how they manage that more than bringing in top line quality players

I agree with you but I don’t think Saad is worth a top 10 pick.   I think you’ll find Carlton will split the pick or give next years 1st rounder and hoping they improve.  

2 hours ago, binman said:

Strange how we all think Binman, I will hate Essendrug until the day I die but I don't hate Hawthorn. I admire them. Since the merge time they have pulled up their socks and won flags and have their club in a sound financial position.

On the other hand we have the MFC who can barely beat time with a stick. I live for the day the MFC are hated like Hawthorn.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Demonland changed the title to Bombers Implode

2 hours ago, old dee said:

Contrary to most on here I don’t mind the Blues. I grew up in Bendigo which was there zone. The teams I dislike the most are Adelaide and then Essendon. If you had been to a windy hill game when they played there you would hate them. Feral supporters that make the Pies look good. I see Robo in the Hun this morning suggesting it might be time for Hird to return. How can anyone suggest that the drug cheat coach should ever be back at a club. It beggars belief. 

Eagles for mine OD are the most hated.  Not a fan of the manufactured franchises in GWS and GC either 

I don't wanna be "that guy" but i can't help but feel like this could be us in 12 months time if we don't improve in 2021. 

i feel like there are enough players a bit concerned about our direction now that another year without finals we could be facing some players wanting to leave

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Patches O’houlihan said:

I don't wanna be "that guy" but i can't help but feel like this could be us in 12 months time if we don't improve in 2021. 

i feel like there are enough players a bit concerned about our direction now that another year without finals we could be facing some players wanting to leave

Careful.. you'll upset a few on here with that reality...

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Patches O’houlihan said:

Scraping into the 8 in 2021 is also a fail. We need a strong start to the season and we need to challenge for the top 4for the whole season.. I'll be content with position 5 or 6 but not scraping in. Needless to say we have to perform well against the top teams

• Like 4