Heritier Lumumba

The Third Eye

2 hours ago, kallangurdemon said:

lets be clear so that no one is misled and increases the risk of infection to others .Even if you have no symptons you must maintain social distancing to avoid unknowingly spreading the virus .The spread of the virus by not maintaining distance was the risk of the weekend demonstrations.

Practicing social distancing,  and precautions by wearing masks.

efd5463dc30dee2cd4703e27250b7bef

maxresdefault.jpg

Why no masks on the Police.  Are they immune.  They might be infecting everybody, and with their yelling as well.

16x9

who's pushing who here.?    Not the position of the white tiled column in the background.

73785453dfb682a4e484599639af148a?width=6

Responsible protestors,  wearing protection for one another,  whilst they work toward a fairer society.

e207d4af-10ae-4028-a51e-5039d3530244

c801869b-131e-43e9-8578-89eeb0519065_750

Why is it that Police are doing a "Trump".  and not wear breathing masks,  in the light of all this pandemic.??????

Yet they condemn others, for being conscientious, and honest to their beliefs.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, demonstone said:

Who?  Name them.

Sky News Chanel for a start. You know, the Channel that was selected to be our overseas braodcaster before Conroy stepped in and gave it to #theirABC in perpetuity. 

AP are also usually even handed.

The worst in Oz are ABC, and The Guardian and the HUN on the other side. At least the Australian gives a platform to Left leaning contributors.

Most biased in the US are CNN, MSDNC, NYT, WAPO, Fox and Breitbart

As before though, the answer is irrellevant. None of these outlets OTHER than the ABC has a public funding charter to provide balance. It doest, and has not for a very long time.

Now yours champ.

• Haha 3
  • Shocked 1

24 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

9nohQh4.jpg

You mean a poor attempt at humour on a serious subject, truly inspiring, I don't know which one of you is the worst

If I was ET,  I wouldn't leave his day job or home for that mayyet

Now gather up your Kahunas and answer my assertion

1 minute ago, Satyriconhome said:

You mean a poor attempt at humour on a serious subject, truly inspiring, I don't know which one of you is the worst

If I was ET,  I wouldn't leave his day job or home for that mayyet

Now gather up your Kahunas and answer my assertion

RUOK? 

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, demonstone said:

Who?  Name them.

why is that relevant ds?

he claims the abc is decidedly and systemically biased, which i agree with. you seem to disagree

the argument is not whether other media are biased or to what extent. The abc is unique being government (tax-payer) funded

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

why is that relevant ds?

he claims the abc is decidedly and systemically biased, which i agree with. you seem to disagree

the argument is not whether other media are biased or to what extent. The abc is unique being government (tax-payer) funded

Do you really think that?

I would't but interested to know what this bias is...

Maybe it's just me.

I mean I guess the only things I watch regularly are the insiders and outsiders...

...and they seem fair to me.

I watch the odd drama if it's any good.

I tuned out of their radio, it seems a bit boring to be honest.

Their footy coverage has lost it's spark.

...but on the whole I think we would be a lot worse off without it.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, rjay said:

Maybe it's just me.

I mean I guess the only things I watch regularly are the insiders and outsiders...

Agreed. There's more to the ABC than news.

Besides, I would consider it far worse for the fed govt, particulary a conservative govt, to interfere by withdrawing funding or censor what is aired.

• Like 2

All the best to HL, I hope he finds peace and whatever he is after in life. I feel the thread has lost its way and become more of a penis measuring exercise for the usual suspect who prefers to throw out personal insults rather than stick to the topic. Peace ?

Edited by Ethan Tremblay
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ding said:

Aged Care Nurse and Union Rep.

Nice assumption fail.

#DefundtheABC

So the 4 Corners story which instigated the Royal Commission into aged care wasn’t enough to convince you the ABC is a worthwhile entity? 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Moonshadow said:

100% correct WYL. 

From The Age today:

"The Australian Medical Association has reiterated its advice for people who attended Black Lives Matter protests last weekend to self-isolate for two weeks.

In the wake of a protester in his 30s testing positive for COVID-19 after attending a Melbourne rally last Saturday, federal president Dr Tony Bartone said "in the spirit of the abundance of caution" all protesters should be self-isolating."

Exactly. I am not joking. ANYONE who marches must Self Isolate. That is the decision you take on. 
We can all transmit this virus without knowing

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Satyriconhome said:

So it's about you then

You came back fro overseas, you had to, rules

Again, you calling for all the media and Police to self isolate, or just those who had the temerity to stand up and demonstrate against the systemic racism in Australia

Rules are rules remember

When i landed at Tullamarine i had to sighn a Federal Government Form to say i would self isolate for 14 days. Which i did, it wasn’t easy as i live alone. 
The police made a random visit on Day 13 just to see if i was home. 

It is not about me. It’s about stopping a Pandemic. 
Yes EVERYONE who was involved in last  Saturdays March, Civilians and Police should Self Isolate for 14 days. 

Otherwise we are wide open for a Second Wave. I do not want the city to lock down again. 

The BLM March is all about Cause and Effect right now. 
I believe in the cause of it 100%
But the effect is too dangerous. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rjay said:

Maybe it's just me.

i wouldn't have said so if i didn't think so :)

yes, maybe it's you

45 minutes ago, Mel Bourne said:

So the 4 Corners story which instigated the Royal Commission into aged care wasn’t enough to convince you the ABC is a worthwhile entity? 

cherry picking never wins an argument

no-one has claimed the abc never do anything well

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ding said:

Sky News Chanel for a start. You know, the Channel that was selected to be our overseas braodcaster before Conroy stepped in and gave it to #theirABC in perpetuity. 

AP are also usually even handed.

The worst in Oz are ABC, and The Guardian and the HUN on the other side. At least the Australian gives a platform to Left leaning contributors.

Most biased in the US are CNN, MSDNC, NYT, WAPO, Fox and Breitbart

As before though, the answer is irrellevant. None of these outlets OTHER than the ABC has a public funding charter to provide balance. It doest, and has not for a very long time.

Now yours champ.

You’re suggesting Sky News is an impartial news source. The same Sky News Which employs Andrew Bolt and Chris Kenny to voice their “impartial” views to the country on a regular basis. That Sky News? 

FMD. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Mel Bourne said:

You’re suggesting Sky News is an impartial news source. The same Sky News Which employs Andrew Bolt and Chris Kenny to voice their “impartial” views to the country on a regular basis. That Sky News? 

FMD. 

i don't know much about skynews and never watch it

.....but a true impartial media will employ people from both sides of politics including those a bit more than just a little either way of centre. i'd rather hear voices of both sides from a particular media outlet than just one side, especially one i am forced to pay for

ymfyd if it helps you

5 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

cherry picking never wins an argument

no-one has claimed the abc never do anything well

The poster is literally saying “defund the ABC” and you’re telling me that nobody here is saying they don’t do anything well. 

• Like 2

i'm not sure about de-funding myself, but an organisational change would be warranted (imo). disappointed with ita, thought she might have righted the ship (npi)

anyway lots of people/organisations have done good things, but failed overall and still get the rrr's so i don't follow your logic

take jack watts for instance 

2 hours ago, daisycutter said:

Sorry I haven't replied earlier dc; I've been out in the garden pulling weeds in this lovely sunshine.

Survey after survey shows that the ABC is the most trusted news source for Australians.  Personally, I don't find them biased like those of a Conservative nature seem to think.

That's just my opinion.  Others have a different opinion and I'm fine with that, I just don't agree with them.

• Like 5

Meanwhile back on topic.........

But Lumumba accused the club of “shifting the narrative” in its claim of trying to reach out to him.

“Let me very clear: I have no intention of sitting down with anyone until they publicly acknowledge some fundamental facts,” he wrote in a thread on Twitter.

“Why a public acknowledgement? Because I have been discredited publicly. I don’t want a private handshake. I want justice for how I was treated. That includes correcting public denials about my account of the racism and isolation I faced.”

Lumumba called on Collingwood to acknowledge “they did not have the cultural competence and organisational literacy to deal with a real culture of racism at the club, of which I was a victim for a number of years”.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/jun/12/collingwoods-nathan-buckley-keen-to-talk-with-heritier-lumumba-over-club-racism-allegations

Collingwood are spinning this

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Mel Bourne said:

FMD. 

No.

The international Sky news service was never going to have Bolt or Chris Kenny on it. It was also the recommended broadcaster of an independent panel.

You are clearly triggered.

Best you find a safe space.