Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Heritier Lumumba

The Third Eye

2 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

Had forgotten that the "excuse" was so lame

There was no excuse that i heard. Just a lot of um’ and ahh’s

Yes very lame indeed, and he still sits in seats of influence 

34 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

interesting comments on what Buckley may have known.

The old call for the enquiry trick and thereby avoid comment may not work this time. Would be surprised if major sponsors of Collingwood are not in dialogue. Could this be Eddie's undoing?

Edited by Diamond_Jim
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Diamond_Jim said:

interesting comments on what Buckley may have known.

The old call for the enquiry trick and thereby avoid comment may not work this time. Would be surprised if major sponsors of Collingwood are not in dialogue. Could this be Eddie's undoing?

Fingers Crossed 

Eddie and Sam should both be run out of town

Absolute Trash ? 

• Like 1

On 6/25/2020 at 9:19 AM, Biffen said:

I think society is more civilised in some ways and less civilised in others.In general, standards of human behaviour have declined  as has the emotional strength of individual men. "Sticks and Stones" was the way I was brought up but then again I love giving and receiving insults.The generation younger than me are far more sensitive to words.

Little disappointing to see that people these days being more sensitive to words is seen as less civilised and a decline in human behaviour in your eyes. You can rest assured knowing that many of us consider your generation to be less civilised, the sticks and stones attitude may have worked in the past but that doesn't make it right.

16 hours ago, Biffen said:

By that token, Waleed Aly should have been sacked many times because I disagree with most of his crafted speech and deliberate false assertions.In fact, you could sack most radio people based on dumb comments.

How did we get to the point where we think it's ok to  take peoples jobs away for something they said? It happens nearly every week.

I realise Eddie probably has plenty of income so it's not such a blow to him but the culture of "cancelling" is the start of something more sinister.

Who arbitrates this Cancelling? Is it the CEO of a beer company or some other major sponsor-perhaps a bookmaker?   Are ALL men really responsible when a woman dies from domestic violence? I struggle with some of these leaps of logic.Modern wisdom leaves me feeling flat.

I'm no Waleed Aly apologist, frankly I think the guy's a bit of a self-important [censored], but there's a big difference between putting forward a political standpoint, and outright, blatant racism JUST DAYS after Eddie goes up to Goodes and shaking the blokes hand telling him it's not on what happened to him. 

Eddie makes some big statements almost weekly that have him up the top of tool of the week nominations, but they are mostly self-serving and ego driven. This was making a mockery of a guy who had been devastated by being called an ape by a young girl of the club he's the President of, Darcy was teeing it up to tell him to shut the F up but Eddie is still of the boys club mentality where if "it's all in a bit of fun" it's fine to say anything he wants. 

He's also been offensive towards women, and while Sam Newman on the Footy Show has been the one doing the disgusting acts such as mocking Nicky Winmar with the blackfacing, Eddie was one of the leading voices behind the show and he never stopped him. 

TV/Radio channels can decide what kind of values they stand for by who they employ to be their talent, and advertisers can decide what kind of people they want to be connected to their products by paying for air time during those shows. So you ask who arbitrates the cancelling? They do by deciding what kind of people they want representing them.

Since you bring up the domestic violence side of things, much like racism it's a cultural and generational change. No not all men are responsible when a woman dies from domestic violence, but there's no doubt that I think as men we need to more accountable for what we say around our friends and likewise what they say. If a mate of mine wants to make a flippant comment about doing something disrespectful or abusive towards their wife/gf/partner I'm going to call him out on it because I think it's our responsibility to push things in the right direction.

I usually try not to do big long social topic posts, but I think Eddie has got away with a lot in the past. Maybe Lumumba is a bit of it catching up with him.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Pates said:

I'm no Waleed Aly apologist, frankly I think the guy's a bit of a self-important [censored], but there's a big difference between putting forward a political standpoint, and outright, blatant racism JUST DAYS after Eddie goes up to Goodes and shaking the blokes hand telling him it's not on what happened to him. 

Eddie makes some big statements almost weekly that have him up the top of tool of the week nominations, but they are mostly self-serving and ego driven. This was making a mockery of a guy who had been devastated by being called an ape by a young girl of the club he's the President of, Darcy was teeing it up to tell him to shut the F up but Eddie is still of the boys club mentality where if "it's all in a bit of fun" it's fine to say anything he wants. 

He's also been offensive towards women, and while Sam Newman on the Footy Show has been the one doing the disgusting acts such as mocking Nicky Winmar with the blackfacing, Eddie was one of the leading voices behind the show and he never stopped him. 

TV/Radio channels can decide what kind of values they stand for by who they employ to be their talent, and advertisers can decide what kind of people they want to be connected to their products by paying for air time during those shows. So you ask who arbitrates the cancelling? They do by deciding what kind of people they want representing them.

Since you bring up the domestic violence side of things, much like racism it's a cultural and generational change. No not all men are responsible when a woman dies from domestic violence, but there's no doubt that I think as men we need to more accountable for what we say around our friends and likewise what they say. If a mate of mine wants to make a flippant comment about doing something disrespectful or abusive towards their wife/gf/partner I'm going to call him out on it because I think it's our responsibility to push things in the right direction.

I usually try not to do big long social topic posts, but I think Eddie has got away with a lot in the past. Maybe Lumumba is a bit of it catching up with him.

I read your post and took it in.I agree Eddy is a tool but basically I don't think he is malicious-just a poor comedian.Clearly the King Kong remarks were not only not funny but offensive given all AG had been going through.

I still dislike "cancel culture" -the idea that  someone become a non-person or de-platformed for one comment that has caused offence. There is a lot of Projection going on when this occurs, to use a Freudian term.In other words-'get the bad guy".

And I think it's the same with this "call it out" agitprop from the Vic govt in particular. I'm not sure where in the constitution it says that state govt shall police marriages,smoking,male attitudes to women, drinking, language or any of that. They can take my taxes, sack all the consultants and parasites ,fix my transport system, hospitals and schools and stay the hell out of my life. 

"Calling it out" is the beginning of an informant society-a Gulag Archipelago. Actual violence is illegal-I don't buy into the verbal abuse argument the govt pedals in regards to intimate relationships. Policing physical violence is the job they are paid to do-and they can't even do that properly .So when a woman gets killed they then turn it back on society and blame "Men". Women are just as capable of verbal viscousness as men. The Police,the State should really prioritise ACTUAL violence and leave "Changing attitudes" to the individual.

Spare me the multi million dollar commercial PSAs marching us towards UTOPIA. Police should police and let tax payers go to work to pay their taxes.When a woman dies form a psycho boyfriend/rapist etc the Premier should just come out and say "we failed"or "the system" because in 95 out of 100 cases that is exactly the case. The govt are not my family.They{should} work for me.I don't work for them.And I owe them nothing.

Edited by Biffen
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/25/2020 at 7:19 PM, Biffen said:

Although Eddie has said some totally stupid things I don't think he is a racist.  He's just a Boof head. Harry and Goodes have made their point but I doubt they have experienced anything near what say Sid Jackson would have endured in his time.

Eddie is a boofhead,  as you say,  But, he's/been a leader on the pedestal of TV and Radio.  What he says people react to. for good or bad decisions.

his love of the power,  and his abuse of that power,  is what condemns him.

He is for Eddie,  1st  2nd  3rd.   and he lps things, that helps himself.

meeting Sid Jackson(twice)and he was an absolute gent.

Really Bif.  Does one have to be an absolute gent to be someone of note.   Or does/did a protestor against the Vietnam War count .?

I think society is more civilised in some ways and less civilised in others. In general, standards of human behaviour have declined  as has the emotional strength of individual men. "Sticks and Stones" was the way I was brought up but then again I love giving and receiving insults.  The generation younger than me are far more sensitive to words.

civilised +/-...  I agree

behaviour have declined...    I generally agree.

Sticks and Stones" was the way I was brought up...   So was I, and it hurt,  bad.  And so I thought i was weak, but I was just sensitive.

The issue here is;  those  'less-sensitive'  use the power they have over sensitive souls,  to belittle them and to oppress them.   That's the outcome.  As well as anxiety and depression.

emotional strength...    Is a fallacy,  its just being unemotional, blocking the emotions;  such as soldiers.  At what cost.?

The generation younger than me are far more sensitive to words...  Not really.  but I can see what you say. 

IMV,  its more that they are more liberated to think more individually,  rather than group mentality,  or Pack mentality,  like say dogs, or armies.

So they don't have to follow the "expected" roles of yesteryear.

• Like 5

Article from the Guardian written by Lumumba

well argued and worth a read

'On Monday I was notified that Collingwood would be conducting an “internal investigation” into my claims, in order to discover the “truth”. Many are wondering why I will not participate in this process.

It is an insult to suggest that I have done anything less than tell the “truth” for the last six years. I have expressed this truth directly to the AFL via board members of Collingwood and the Melbourne Football Club, administrators and players at both clubs, the AFL Players’ Association, AFL club-affiliated psychologists and psychiatrists, and the Australian public via a feature-length documentary and interviews with almost every major media outlet in the country.

I have no desire to sit down with the same organisation who have worked to publicly discredit my truth, so that they can decide on its value."

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/jun/25/i-foundracism-runs-through-the-afl-it-has-failed-to-uphold-the-rights-and-safety-of-black-players

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, Pickett2Jackson said:

1. Use his actual name and show some respect.

2. Did you actually read the article? If not, I'll save you some time and let you know it contains 0 evidence, facts, sources or even comments from either of the two people it's about. It merely says an investigation is 'expected to reveal'. It's absolute gutter journalism as usual from Fox. They know how to generate engagement though, just write a snappy headline about racism and the clicks come from everywhere.

3. Of course all the above doesn't even being to address the full context of the situation and footy club culture.

Edited by Lord Nev
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Lord Nev said:

1. Use his actual name and show some respect.

2. Did you actually read the article? If not, I'll save you some time and let you know it contains 0 evidence, facts, sources or even comments from either of the two people it's about. It merely says an investigation is 'expected to reveal'. It's absolute gutter journalism as usual from Fox. They know how to generate engagement though, just write a snappy headline about racism and the clicks come from everywhere.

3. Of course all the above doesn't even being to address the full context of the situation and footy club culture.

Nick names and shortening of names have been acceptable language for a long time.

It wasn't offensive use of his name - Get off your high horse

The rest i agree with

Edited by Unleash Hell
bad use of language

Just now, whatwhatsaywhat said:

harry o is not his name and hasn't been for some time

Who cares. Since when are nick names that aren't offsensive hate speech?

Is it going to be offensive now to call Jack Watts - Wattsy because that isn't his real name?

What a load of rubbish

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Unleash Hell said:

Who cares. Since when are nick names that aren't offsensive hate speech?

Is it going to be offensive now to call Jack Watts - Wattsy because that isn't his real name?

What a load of rubbish

I don't think I like you as a species.

1 minute ago, dieter said:

I don't think I like you as a species.

Haha i love the irony.

You're offended at what i said - which is true by the way - no one (except the government through laws) dictate what is acceptable language.

Yet you think you can insult me because yo disagree with me.

Thanks for the laughs

1 minute ago, Unleash Hell said:

Haha i love the irony.

You're offended at what i said - which is true by the way - no one (except the government through laws) dictate what is acceptable language.

Yet you think you can insult me because yo disagree with me.

Thanks for the laughs

I am not laughing. Being insulted for one's racial origins is no laughing matter. Nor is combat. peace brother, just maybe think before you squeak. Then again, like my wife, you may well be a Sagittarian who squarks before she thinks.

Just now, dieter said:

I am not laughing. Being insulted for one's racial origins is no laughing matter. Nor is combat. peace brother, just maybe think before you squeak. Then again, like my wife, you may well be a Sagittarian who squarks before she thinks.

You're so far off the mark i shouldn't even reply but please continue ranting it's entertaining. 

Just now, Unleash Hell said:

You're so far off the mark i shouldn't even reply but please continue ranting it's entertaining. 

If I can make you laugh in these times, give me credit. I mean no harm. Nor does my wife. I am a self isolating victim of circumstances which involve our dog who barks ferociously at shadows, our daughter who is 22 and barks non stop and my in-laws who desperately need care and love and attention. I mean no harm. I also write fiction. Tutankhamun's wife  was my great great grandmother.I can prove it.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dieter said:

If I can make you laugh in these times, give me credit. I mean no harm. Nor does my wife. I am a self isolating victim of circumstances which involve our dog who barks ferociously at shadows, our daughter who is 22 and barks non stop and my in-laws who desperately need care and love and attention. I mean no harm. I also write fiction. Tutankhamun's wife  was my great great grandmother.I can prove it.

All good mate. I am completely lost with what is going on here but please continue.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Unleash Hell said:

Nick names and shortening of names have been acceptable language for a long time.

It wasn't offensive use of his name - Get off your high horse

The rest i agree with

Didn't say it was offensive mate. Just think given what this thread is in context of it's more respectful to use his actual name.

Referring to him as "Harry O" is a pretty transparent way to try and belittle the subject matter.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

Didn't say it was offensive mate. Just think given what this thread is in context of it's more respectful to use his actual name.

Referring to him as "Harry O" is a pretty transparent way to try and belittle the subject matter.

Fair points.

I don't know the context which the nick name was used. 

I just want to make sure we aren't jumping down people throats for no reason.

Good show carry on.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Lord Nev said:

His birth name was Harry O'Brien, he later changed to Lamumbs, then he called himself the prince.

I think any are acceptable. As long as nothing untoward is implied.