Gary Pert on SEN (18/2/20)

Demonland

All sounds pretty good, really still dont understand why we belong to the greatest stadium in the world, yet we cant occupy it as our club. Im sure theres reasons, but all just bureaucratic. Seems it would be a hell of a lot easier than building ovals into hills or construction over railway lines?  Occupy the G.

Edited by Wadda We Sing
  • Like 10

What I took out of it,

5.35    Admin, home base, and social club and we are very close to that.

6.33  second phase of that, progressing really well, within walking distance of the MCG

10.19     Bennell half a dozen games

10.28     May    1st game or shortly after

Will I live another 4 years with this stress.

Pert would make a great Politician !!

Still think 2020  will be great    Go Dees

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wadda We Sing said:

All sounds pretty good, really still dont understand why we belong to the greatest stadium in the world, yet we cant occupy it as our club. Im sure theres reasons, but all just bureaucratic. Seems it would be a hell of a lot easier than building ovals into hills or construction over railway lines?  Occupy the G.

Can't train on it no can only interstate side's can

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Angry 1

I thought Pert was open and forthright.  He knows that he and the Board will be held accountable for what is (and isn't) delivered.  He also acknowledged the significant challenges ahead.  I was left with the impression that our Club will leave 'no stone un-turned to climb the top of the mountain', and I'm heartened by what he had to say.  And yes, I know actions speak louder than words ........ and so does Pert, and he said so.

• Like 4

When you go to a home game against the filth.   and find all the bottom area behind the goals northern end is ALL given to Pie members  and its our home game!! 

You know exactly where we sit on the chart of importantcy to the MCG trust and the AFL 

your right the vibe is very poor     pizzes me off !!

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

6 hours ago, 640MD said:

When you go to a home game against the filth.   and find all the bottom area behind the goals northern end is ALL given to Pie members  and its our home game!! 

You know exactly where we sit on the chart of importantcy to the MCG trust and the AFL 

your right the vibe is very poor     pizzes me off !!

Northern end? Isn’t the City end? And hasn’t it been noted on here that Pies members hate it?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Yes the optimal answer would be admin, entertainment and indoor training facilities within the MCG stadium and ability to train on the MCG at least twice per week and we have Gosch’s as a back up. 

• Like 3

Interesting that he mentioned Bennell at half dozen games being the hope this year, I think it's what most on here had imagined anyway but clearly he and the board have been briefed on what the fitness staff hope from Harley this year. Imagine if those games come from round 17-18 onwards and we are in finals/top 4 contention, it'd be like getting a brand new player at the end of the year.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Pates said:

Interesting that he mentioned Bennell at half dozen games being the hope this year, I think it's what most on here had imagined anyway but clearly he and the board have been briefed on what the fitness staff hope from Harley this year. Imagine if those games come from round 17-18 onwards and we are in finals/top 4 contention, it'd be like getting a brand new player at the end of the year.

HB could well play 1 Quarter a game

or 5 minute bursts of the bench

2-3 goals/assists he is well worth it

Edited by Sir Why You Little

Don't need to hear Pert's predictions l would rather take it a week at a time. That is the old saying .....Isn't it ?

36 minutes ago, Earl Hood said:

Yes the optimal answer would be admin, entertainment and indoor training facilities within the MCG stadium and ability to train on the MCG at least twice per week and we have Gosch’s as a back up. 

Because it is not big enough to hold all the admin and coaching staff in the one area today.....and there is this thing called cricket which uses the ground for 6 months of the year...

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, george_on_the_outer said:

Because it is not big enough to hold all the admin and coaching staff in the one area today.....and there is this thing called cricket which uses the ground for 6 months of the year...

Would you please stop injecting reality into discussion george!

46 minutes ago, old dee said:

46 minutes ago, old dee said:

well then OD inject some reality into the club’s talk of a new admin/training hub within walking distance of the Gee. Where is that going to be? The mind boggles, there aren’t too many options I can think of especially with the Jolimont NIMBY’s so active in the area. 

2 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

HB could well play 1 Quarter a game

or 5 minute bursts of the bench

2-3 goals/assists he is well worth it

I don't expect him to play at all,  until at least mid season, at any level.

It is not a small procedure that he has undergone.  It will totally change everything about is leg muscles, and how his strength is applied for running or tackling.

And no doubt effect his posture and possibly running gait.

1 minute ago, MyFavouriteMartian said:

I don't expect him to play at all,  until at least mid season, at any level.

It is not a small procedure that he has undergone.  It will totally change everything about is leg muscles, and how his strength is applied for running or tackling.

And no doubt effect his posture and possibly running gait.

Deep Down i think he will struggle to play at all. 
But i would be training him to be a full time Burst player if he makes it. 
if those few games are in September then he could be very useful indeed.