Two Spots Left in Final Eight

one_demon

6 minutes ago, one_demon said:

Highly likely that Richmond,  GWS, Collingwood, Geelong, West Coast and Brisbane will make finals.  That means we will have to battle twelve teams for the last two spots. Ouch!

It is actually unlikely that all those teams make it IMO. 

• Like 13

14 minutes ago, one_demon said:

Highly likely that Richmond,  GWS, Collingwood, Geelong, West Coast and Brisbane will make finals.  That means we will have to battle twelve teams for the last two spots. Ouch!

Big question mark over the filth and geelong.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, one_demon said:

It never turns out as expected.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, big_red_fire_engine said:

I would not be so certain over Collingwood, Geelong or Brisbane. 

Agree with this.

What we do know is that 2 to 3 teams from last season WILL fall out of the 8 and its often hard to predict. The only certainties for me are Tigers (given talent), Eagles (with home ground advantage and talent) and probably GWS (talent) and Lions (talent and coaching)

This is last roll of dice for cats and still some flakiness in their list.

31 minutes ago, JakovichScissorKick said:

Can see Brisbane quite easily not making the 8.

Yes, Brisbane still young and will come under a lot more scrutiny this year.

We were dead set certainties to play finals in 2019, prior to round one at least.

As always, there will be some teams which slide and some which over achieve - and these changes won’t necessarily be altogether obvious.

For instance, I reckon Port may finally come good. I’ve not seen many pundits talk them up yet.

2 hours ago, Rab D Nesbitt said:

Relax. It's out of our control. Just enjoy the ride. 

I mean, 'relax' is one approach @Rab D Nesbitt, the tried and true method I find is to, 

1) look forward to Friday/sat/Sun pre game each week,

2)feel disillusioned post game,

3) then move into sullenness,

4)then bargain with whoever your jesus is weekly,

5) then jump on Demonland to either find hope and/or spout bile.

6) and then try to avoid eye contact with colleagues who support anyone who is higher than you

7)... RINSE. AND. REPEAT.

Edited by Engorged Onion
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, one_demon said:

You can't find six teams that are considerably better than us? Even Champion Data says there's only five teams which have a list worse than ours.

Wouldn't be taking any notice at all of champion data, if all our better players are on the park for the majority of the games we can match it with anyone, like most years injuries will be a major factor for all teams.

4 hours ago, JakovichScissorKick said:

Can see Brisbane quite easily not making the 8.

Had an easy draw last year and virtually no injuries. I suspect that had quite an impact on their high finish. But they did have momentum and gained a bit of belief throughout the year.

4 hours ago, Demon17 said:

Agree with this.

What we do know is that 2 to 3 teams from last season WILL fall out of the 8 and its often hard to predict. The only certainties for me are Tigers (given talent), Eagles (with home ground advantage and talent) and probably GWS (talent) and Lions (talent and coaching)

This is last roll of dice for cats and still some flakiness in their list.

Cats may make it to finals, but as always, they’ll choke under Scott, who will in turn publicly whinge and whine about it, which will in turn make me smile!

• Like 2

According to Dal Santo and other gutsy media pundits, the 8 won’t change despite at least 2 changes every year since the final 8 was introduced in 1994

North, Hawthorn and Port to replace Essendon and 2 other clubs that cop significant injuries. And yes it could be Richmond who couldn’t cover for their injuries at one stage mid season (losing to Geelong by 75 during their worst plight)

Edited by Bring-Back-Powell

14 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

According to Dal Santo and other gutsy media pundits, the 8 won’t change despite at least 2 changes every year since the final 8 was introduced in 1994

North, Hawthorn and Port to replace Essendon and 2 other clubs that cop significant injuries. And yes it could be Richmond who couldn’t cover for their injuries at one stage mid season (losing to Geelong by 75 during their worst plight)

Don't know of any gutsy media pundits

• Love 1