Jump to content

Training Ground?


Romey

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

Not seeing many guesses!

Can i ask... we are talking an afl rival ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, daisycutter said:

face palmed by bluey means i must be on a good thing 😁

Bluey doesn't like horse racing 😃

What is true is that when we are at Caulfield and training, there won't be a horse in sight.  And no gambling (aside from the Glasshouse eatery which has pokies) 

If the MRC ends up having Wednesday meetings in place of Sandown, that might be an issue.  But Pert talked about keeping Casey anyway (at the AGM) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Can i ask... we are talking an afl rival ? 

Nope 

Might not even be a rival at all, could be a partnership if they don’t overuse the ovals, it’s just a rumour to me of another group wanting the site

Edited by DeeSpencer
  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Macca said:

It is you, it's just that you don't know that about yourself.  You appeal to a certain demographic and you know who those people are.  And that's ok, whatever floats your boat, Wyl

I'll say it again, if our facilities were so substandard, there's no way we win the flag training out of Casey

Truth is we did it tough as well flying all over the place within hubs and away from family

As hard as it gets whilst the Eagles gave up.  We kept at it and won the flag playing great football

You of all people should know about doing it tough and overcoming adversity

I'm actually surprised that you're not agreeing with me but maybe you're playing to your audience

We didn’t train at Casey for most of 2021, remember the Hubs. Probably the most even Comp we have seen in years. 
MFC Facilities have been sub standard since we were booted off the MCG. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

Not seeing many guesses!

I'll have go at the Caulfield racecourse.  

Nature reserve, indigenous overlay of plants and landscaping around the existing ponds for the Pelicans and other wildlife.

The master plan indicates it as being a percentage of the area, leaving enough space for recreation. 

I'd assume a lobby group wants it to be the main purpose of the space. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, kev martin said:

I'll have go at the Caulfield racecourse.  

Nature reserve, indigenous overlay of plants and landscaping around the existing ponds for the Pelicans and other wildlife.

The master plan indicates it as being a percentage of the area, leaving enough space for recreation. 

I'd assume a lobby group wants it to be the main purpose of the space. 

Nope, I’m sure those people will exist especially with trees coming down for bike lanes on queens parade but not the rumour I’ve heard. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, kev martin said:

I'll have go at the Caulfield racecourse.  

Nature reserve, indigenous overlay of plants and landscaping around the existing ponds for the Pelicans and other wildlife.

The master plan indicates it as being a percentage of the area, leaving enough space for recreation. 

I'd assume a lobby group wants it to be the main purpose of the space. 

Could it be a new age meditation retreat?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


21 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

We didn’t train at Casey for most of 2021, remember the Hubs. Probably the most even Comp we have seen in years. 
MFC Facilities have been sub standard since we were booted off the MCG. 

 

So we did it tough in 2021, as tough as it gets by today's standards.  A reminder that we would have done all the pre-season at Casey/ Gosch's (way before the hubs) 

Yet somehow, after 57 years and after doing it so tough, we bob up and win the flag!  Amazing!

We should do it tough a lot more often because if doing it tough delivers premierships, I'm all in

Maybe we were doing it a bit too soft beforehand?  Too many creature comforts? 

Quick, let's book Victoria Rd Reserve in Hawthorn with all the stinking quagmire mud that abounds on that oval.  There's a small pavillion there to house the Admin etc

Ideal set up for next flag!!!

Hard Work I Didnt Say That GIF by Britannia

Edited by Macca
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Could it be a new age meditation retreat?

The Raelians (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raëlism) want to build a landing area for Elohim in the image of a Pelican, and the third temple. Especially as Jerusalem looks unavailable. 

"Raël stated that humanity has to build an embassy for the Elohim prior to their arrival on Earth and that it must include a landing pad for their spaceship.[91] He stated that it needed to be located on internationally recognised neutral territory so as not to indicate favour towards any one particular nation-state.[77] Initially, Raël sought permission to build it in Israel,[92] explaining this by reference to how the ancient Israelites were once in contact with the Elohim.[77] He also stated that this embassy would constitute the "Third Temple" referred to in Jewish prophecy.[93]"

  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, kev martin said:

The Raelians (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raëlism) want to build a landing area for Elohim in the image of a Pelican, and the third temple. Especially as Jerusalem looks unavailable. 

"Raël stated that humanity has to build an embassy for the Elohim prior to their arrival on Earth and that it must include a landing pad for their spaceship.[91] He stated that it needed to be located on internationally recognised neutral territory so as not to indicate favour towards any one particular nation-state.[77] Initially, Raël sought permission to build it in Israel,[92] explaining this by reference to how the ancient Israelites were once in contact with the Elohim.[77] He also stated that this embassy would constitute the "Third Temple" referred to in Jewish prophecy.[93]"

Yes well Jerusalem definitely looks unavailable for the foreseeable future, so Caulfield seems a perfect landing strip!! 😊

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Yes well Jerusalem definitely looks unavailable for the foreseeable future, so Caulfield seems a perfect landing strip!! 😊

Perhaps we could expand some of the underground bunkers to put the admin and indoor facilities In. Get them to make the landing strip out of turf for a kick around.

Win win situation. So long as the 'Pelicans' don't mind

[Adding to and reflecting the surrealistic capacity to finding a home base for the MFC, I wonder who will get there first, Raelians or us]

Edited by kev martin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, kev martin said:

Perhaps we could expand some of the underground bunkers to put the admin and indoor facilities In. Get them to make the landing strip out of turf for a kick around.

Win win situation. So long as the 'Pelicans' don't mind

We have been sharing facilities for years, so i am sure we can work out a solution 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

We didn’t train at Casey for most of 2021, remember the Hubs. Probably the most even Comp we have seen in years. 
MFC Facilities have been sub standard since we were booted off the MCG. 

 

I may be in denial but my recollection of 2020 was of the mainstream of all Clubs in hubs. Tigers on GC and the Cotchin files plus West Coasters sulking and timely non acceptance of being on the other side of the earth. 

What  did happen from my memory for the Dees  was that Casey was made our complete club centre as a footy base for the obvious isolation reasons in 2021. Not with AFLW but AFL.

In 2020 games were held in QLD from June to Sept/Oct  and other small bases but not Victoria. There was some hubbing   but mostly interstate teams were involved. 

So I maintain Casey was our headquarters for much of 2021 and of course we spent a month nearly in WA over the Finals to triumph for that much loved and long waited for Flag. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, 58er said:

I may be in denial but my recollection of 2020 was of the mainstream of all Clubs in hubs. Tigers on GC and the Cotchin files plus West Coasters sulking and timely non acceptance of being on the other side of the earth. 

What  did happen from my memory for the Dees  was that Casey was made our complete club centre as a footy base for the obvious isolation reasons in 2021. Not with AFLW but AFL.

In 2020 games were held in QLD from June to Sept/Oct  and other small bases but not Victoria. There was some hubbing   but mostly interstate teams were involved. 

So I maintain Casey was our headquarters for much of 2021 and of course we spent a month nearly in WA over the Finals to triumph for that much loved and long waited for Flag. 

 

Apologies in 2020 nearly every one was hubbing in QLD or NSW from June to Sept but in 2021 it was mainly interstate hubs for weeks not months in different states. But Casey was our headquarters in 2021 for training and club centre. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, DeeSpencer said:

 

Well I can’t just give it up easily now can I?

A group of famous overweight pelicans have had a good Huntin’ and might make-a-bee line for their piece of the heartland to host some games 

Well... im thinking Pelicans might have a "Storm Boy" reference 🤔🤷

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, DeeSpencer said:

 

Well I can’t just give it up easily now can I?

A group of famous overweight pelicans have had a good Huntin’ and might make-a-bee line for their piece of the heartland to host some games 

Seagulls? Albatrosses?

Huntingdale?

Maccabee?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


35 minutes ago, Mazer Rackham said:

So an amateur soccer club wants to play games at the race track? Should be plenty of land to go around. I can't see any proposal getting off the ground without support for local sport.

Jewish members (many self described as Zionists hence Zion the fat Pelican’s for NBA fans) have merged the Cranbourne golf club with Huntingdale and will eventually sell Cranbourne and have a 100 million dollar war chest to put in to community sport.

https://www.australianjewishnews.com/clubs-multi-million-dollar-plan/amp/

The rumour I’ve heard is they are eyeing off Caulfield as an area for community sport and to host a Maccabi games.

A partnership with council management could be successful but 100 million and strong sway in the community could have them eyeing it off all for their own use.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thinking 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 23/12/2023 at 22:47, Demonsone said:

Reference is how hard it is for our club to get its training base, is local or state gvt to blame?

You were inferring it was how the AFL throwing money at the Tassie, side now it's local / state govt's

I'd suggest you should also add in some inept MFC boards over the years as well.  You can't just blame one factor,... It's a whole host of factors.  Our current administration is, from what it would appear, attempting to prioritise finding a base. They are just doing it in a climate where securing the funding is harder than to secure. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I see Teflon Dan has recently been exposed for giving Tennis Australia $63 million in a “secret deal” just two months before the 2022 state election.....AND a $43 million loan to Tennis Australia was wiped. Wish we got a sweet deal like this one. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

I see Teflon Dan has recently been exposed for giving Tennis Australia $63 million in a “secret deal” just two months before the 2022 state election.....AND a $43 million loan to Tennis Australia was wiped. Wish we got a sweet deal like this one. 

We could always get Chalmers to skip a weeks interest payment and he could fund our training venue for about $120 million

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

I see Teflon Dan has recently been exposed for giving Tennis Australia $63 million in a “secret deal” just two months before the 2022 state election.....AND a $43 million loan to Tennis Australia was wiped. Wish we got a sweet deal like this one. 

So effectively $100 Mill…

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    PREGAME: Rd 11 vs St. Kilda

    The Demons return to the MCG to take on the Saints in Round 11 on the back of two straight losses in a row. With Jake Lever out with concussion who comes in and who goes out?

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 27

    VOTES: Rd 10 vs West Coast

    Last week Captain Max Gawn consolidated his lead over reigning champion Christian Petracca in the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Steven May, Alex Neal-Bullen & Jake Lever make up the Top 5. Your votes for the loss against the Blues. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 31

    POSTGAME: Rd 10 vs West Coast

    Many warned that this was a danger game and the Demons were totally outclassed all game by a young Eagles team at Optus Stadium in Perth as they were defeated by 35 points.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 276

    GAMEDAY: Rd 10 vs West Coast

    It's Game Day and the Demons have returned to the site of their drought breaking Premiership to take on the West Coast Eagles in what could very well be a danger game for Narrm at Optus Stadium. A win and a percentage boost will keep the Dees in top four contention whilst a loss will cast doubt on the Dees flag credentials and bring them back to the pack fighting for a spot in the 8 as we fast approach the halfway point of the season.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 884

    WARNING by William from Waalitj

    As a long term resident of Waalitj Marawar, I am moved to warn my fellow Narrm fans that a  danger game awaits. The locals are no longer the easybeats who stumbled, fumbled and bumbled their way to the good fortune of gathering the number one draft pick and a generational player in Harley Reid last year. They are definitely better than they were then.   Young Harley has already proven his worth with some stellar performances for a first year kid playing among men. He’s taken hangers, k

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 22

    OVER YET? by KC from Casey

    The Friday evening rush hour clash of two of the VFL’s 2024 minnows, Carlton and the Casey Demons was excruciatingly painful to watch, even if it was for the most part a close encounter. I suppose that since the game had to produce a result (a tie would have done the game some justice), the four points that went to Casey with the win, were fully justified because they went to the best team. In that respect, my opinion is based on the fact that the Blues were a lopsided combination that had

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    CENTIMETRES by Whispering Jack

    Our game is one where the result is often decided by centimetres; the touch of a fingernail, a split-second decision made by a player or official, the angle of vision or the random movement of an oblong ball in flight or in its bounce and trajectory. There is one habit that Melbourne seems to have developed of late in its games against Carlton which is that the Demons keep finding themselves on the wrong end of the stick in terms of the fine line in close games at times when centimetres mak

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    PREGAME: Rd 10 vs West Coast

    The Demons have a 10 day break before they head on the road to Perth to take on the West Coast Eagles at Optus Stadium on Sunday. Who comes in and who goes out?

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 527

    PODCAST: Rd 09 vs Carlton

    The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Sunday, 12th May @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we analyse the Demons loss at the MCG against the Blues in the Round 09. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human. Listen & Chat LIVE:

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 30
  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

×
×
  • Create New...