2020 AFL Fixture

Demonland

21 minutes ago, Demonland said:

They’ll probably give us 2 games at the other Boo Stadium west of here. 

It's like getting Galatasaray away in the Champions League then Millwall away in the cup. 

26 minutes ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Had to be due to play interstate in Round 1. No tougher assignment imo. Though finishing 17th gives you no right to ask for favours.  It’s us against the world in 2019.  

Not to mention it’s our first round one road trip since 1998...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, david_neitz_is_my_dad said:

Not fazed. It’s a free hit. If we stink it up over there beats doing it at the G against a weaker side

Exactly right DNIMD. Would we rather lose a game at the G we are hopeful of winning, or lose one interstate where no-one gives us a chance.

The way i see it, we have a free-hit with this one. No pressure, no expectations (though i'd hate to think what would happen should we get absolutely pumped).

Go over there and get a win, our season is starting to look a whole lot brighter.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jaded said:

Epic lols. 
I can’t wait to see the rest of the draw. We are going to be screwed big time this season. 

Guess I’ll need to get Fox Footy again. 

Kayo is the way to go

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, david_neitz_is_my_dad said:

Not fazed. It’s a free hit. If we stink it up over there beats doing it at the G against a weaker side

As you said a free hit. The upside is; if we pull it off it's great for us, but it would be really, really bad for WC.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

We start winning games regularly, then we dictate or fixture. 
Right now we take what we are given, 2019 was a shambles

Sorry mate that is such BS I can't believe you wrote that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

Waiting for the backlash over the solitary game on Anzac day given it's a Saturday.

Probably means there will be a Thursday game and maybe two Friday night games including ours.

Not great for the MFC finances or sponsors

Yeah I'm sorry but that's a completely load of BS it's a standalone game. I would cop it being a standalone fixture (ie no competing games at the same time) but why deny there being a night ANZAC day game in say Adelaide, Perth or Sydney?

With ANZAC day falling on a Saturday does that mean there will be a public holiday on Monday? Could have a couple of games then.

One Thursday
One Friday
One Saturday
Four Sunday
Two Monday

Would that be in the ballpark? I'll be fuming if they have us competing on the eve given us and the Tigers have really made it something special.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, loges said:

So we shouldn't have to play them twice due to ladder positions last year. How come we always play them over there ? It's like always having to playing at Geelong every year.

....and EssUndone as an away game every year even if it is at OUR home ground!

2 hours ago, dl4e said:

The only time I remember playing them there in round 1 we only kicked 3 goals and got trashed but the next week we won by over 100 points I think. Against fitzroy ??. Not looking forward to it.

1 hour ago, Rab D Nesbitt said:

My only trip to the west was the round one game where we kicked 2 goals 8. If this is to be our only visit to the House of Boooooo next year then I'll take it. 

Was that the Allen Jakovich debut game - went into it very cocky and dropped the next week?

Still, our recent record over there (PF18 aside) has actually been pretty good.

Embrace the challenge.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, monoccular said:

....and EssUndone as an away game every year even if it is at OUR home ground!

Was that the Allen Jakovich debut game - went into it very cocky and dropped the next week?

Still, our recent record over there (PF18 aside) has actually been pretty good.

Embrace the challenge.

Hi Monoccular. The game itself is a distant blur so I couldn't say for sure. I do however remember they sold jugs of beer in the outer throughout the day. 

I think it's great that we're playing the Eagles away first up.

If this year was an aberration, and the boys put in a massive offseason, and we truly mean business in 2020, then this is the perfect way to start the year. We can punish the team that embarrassed us in 2018 and get other teams asking questions.

A lot of IFs, I know - with the entirely possible outcome being that we get thumped (Kelly with 4 goals and a bajillion assists), but I actually think we'll come out on top and it'll kickstart our premiership season.

It's been a long day, dream with me. Look out yonder.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Pates said:

Yeah I'm sorry but that's a completely load of BS it's a standalone game. I would cop it being a standalone fixture (ie no competing games at the same time) but why deny there being a night ANZAC day game in say Adelaide, Perth or Sydney?

With ANZAC day falling on a Saturday does that mean there will be a public holiday on Monday? Could have a couple of games then.

One Thursday
One Friday
One Saturday
Four Sunday
Two Monday

Would that be in the ballpark? I'll be fuming if they have us competing on the eve given us and the Tigers have really made it something special.

No day in lieu buddy. Extra 2 days of work next year for us with it also being a leap year.

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

Just now, olisik said:

No day in lieu buddy. Extra 2 days of work next year for us with it also being a leap year.

I can't see how the AFL can handle Ess v Pies being standalone then unless I've misread it and they will have two night games afterwards.
One thursday
One Friday
Three Saturday (one twilight, two night)
Four Sunday

On 10/25/2019 at 10:29 PM, Bring-Back-Powell said:

We’re well overdue for a round 1 interstate game this year. We haven’t travelled in the season opener since 1998.

I’m tipping GC, WC or Port interstate round 1.

I will laugh and cry at the same time if we’re the away side in Darwin later in the year.

Seems like a pretty good call ???

1 hour ago, olisik said:

apparently there's a make up Monday holiday in WA for Anzac day. Could it be a twilight derby?

On reflection...it wont be a derby but it will be a 5pm Perth game back into Melbourne against a Melbourne club

WC v Carlton perhaps

Edited by Diamond_Jim

1 hour ago, Demonsone said:

Afl just continue to sink the boots into our footy club... yet ensure pies, tigers, hawks all get home games.. give me a break 

Oh please... save the poor us speech. What do you expect when you finish second last on the ladder? Do well and you'll be rewarded with a good fixture like we were this year. We only have ourselves to blame for this one.

6 hours ago, Forest Demon said:

We have played well 2 of the last 3 games there. Pretty much a free swing. Bring it on.

4 of the last 5 in WA against the Eagles, take out the 18 Prelim and it was only bad kicking in 16 and this year which cost us 4 points in both games 

• Like 2