Kade Chandler Set to Debut

Demonland

Remember when we did great vids of players getting the news that they are making their debut..  now we are just photo shopping. 

see ya 2019, you have done a number on everyone!

But great to see the young fella get a go, and so he should, gives some interest to the game now and already more keen to watch than i was. Hope he goes well and kicks a couple and injects a bit of much needed spunk and energy to the team, from what i have seen of him, he has that ability. Who misses for him i wonder?

Edited by Demon3
  • Like 1

Well done to the lad. Great stepping stone going into next year. Times I have seen him plays he's been really zippy and has a neat left foot.

Has played 16 games for 11 goals so has been developing well down at Casey.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Demon3 said:

Remember when we did great vids of players getting the news that they are making their debut..  now we are just photo shopping.

Good point.

They are my favourite type of videos. Either the candid camera type where they surprise/trick the newbie or the tear jerking ring your mum to tell them you're playing your first game. I'll even watch a non-Dees video like this. Missed opportunity for some type of feel good video for the supporters.

• Like 6

Wow. The kid averages 6 kicks a game and less than one goal average.  I saw him play in 3-4 games and whilst he was enthusiastic, I thought he was 2 years away from being ready. Maybe a gift for a keen young man. 

Still if the ball bounces his way, he might surprise !

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Demon3 said:

14 minutes ago, Demonland said:

Good point.

They are my favourite type of videos. Either the candid camera type where they surprise/trick the newbie or the tear jerking ring your mum to tell them you're playing your first game. I'll even watch a non-Dees video like this. Missed opportunity for some type of feel good video for the supporters.

To be fair, it may still be coming. A lot quicker and easier to make the little social gif than to put together a proper video and get it up on the website. Holding judgment for now.

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

To be fair, it may still be coming. A lot quicker and easier to make the little social gif than to put together a proper video and get it up on the website. Holding judgment for now.

true, its a good point. I will post an apology should it come.

Good for Kade and I hope he plays well, but that is a ridiculous decision. Assuming the stats below are accurate, he has kicked 2 goals in the past 6 weeks and has never had more than 8 kicks in a game at VFL level. He comes into the senior side off a game with 5 effective possessions. The bar for getting an AFL game has never been lower.

http://websites.sportstg.com/team_info.cgi?action=PSTATS&pID=206009870&client=1-118-10449-518179-26138799

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, poita said:

Good for Kade and I hope he plays well, but that is a ridiculous decision. Assuming the stats below are accurate, he has kicked 2 goals in the past 6 weeks and has never had more than 8 kicks in a game at VFL level. He comes into the senior side off a game with 5 effective possessions. The bar for getting an AFL game has never been lower.

http://websites.sportstg.com/team_info.cgi?action=PSTATS&pID=206009870&client=1-118-10449-518179-26138799

Yeah, hope it doesn't cost us a home final...

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

26 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

It's gone to [censored] since Burgo left. They haven't even done one for any of our debuts this year. Its a good feel stpry for supporters and unfortunately our media department in my opinion has been a debacle.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I can't see it but hey, good luck to the kid.

Maybe we're just trying to see if we have any small forwards that will offer something at AFL level before the draft/trade period.

...but me, I would be looking for at least 2 from other clubs and not the also rans.

Targeted offers.

Edited by rjay

15 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

It's gone to [censored] since Burgo left. They haven't even done one for any of our debuts this year. Its a good feel stpry for supporters and unfortunately our media department in my opinion has been a debacle.

My son knows more about two American high school kids who are going to play in the NBL this year rather than play college ball than any of the young players who play for the team he nominally follows (the dees).  Hell so do i!

• Haha 1

players not to suit up in afl in 2019 (so far):

• bedford
  • vandenberg (injured all year)
  • jordon
  • nietschke (injured all year)
  • joel smith (injured all year)
  • maynard (rookie)
  • walker (cat b rookie, injured all year)
  • bradtke (cat b rookie)

avb and j smith obviously played in preseason

just extraordinary how low we're scraping that barrel

• Sad 1

Well I suppose it is experimetation but it is a couple of weeks to late. He has to play in the forward pocket. I have seen him a bit at casey and like him.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

Fair point. I was just pointing out that supporters enjoy these types of videos.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

I actually don't mind what they've done with the socials this year, it's had a lot more personality and been more active than previously IMO. I just consider the website pretty much a write off tbh, so I'm not too bothered by it.

They have done videos though. They did one for Dunkley with his brother and the one they put together for Baker with his Dad was absolutely sensational.

Jay Lockhart debut video

https://www.melbournefc.com.au/video/2019-03-29/debutant-jay-lockhart

Marty Hore debut video

https://www.melbournefc.com.au/video/2019-03-27/access-melbourne-marty-hore

Oskar Baker debut video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFyqkHQeFwo

Declan Keilty debut video

https://www.melbournefc.com.au/video/2019-05-06/declan-keilty-jumper-presentation

Kyle Dunkley debut video

https://www.melbournefc.com.au/video/2019-07-05/kyle-dunkley-debut-surprise

Edited by Lord Nev
  • Thanks 3

Has some zip about him... saw one Casey game that was televised and Chandler stood out from the rest of the small forward newbies. I thought Chandler and Jordan have what it takes to make the grade in future... don't mind that they have given him an opportunity a bit earlier.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I have no idea whether he's ready or not, but the last couple of games in a meaningless season are a good place to give debut games. It gets rid of nerves  so that when they next play (which should be when it really matters) they are better prepared, and rewards them for persistence (ie, for training hard all year). It would be even better if the promotion is merit-based on performance at Casey,  but rounds 22 and 23 are for us as much a part of the 2020 preseason as are JLT games in February and March.

• Like 6