jumbo returns

Can we still make the 8?

Did that fantasy ladder thingo and had us just in the 8 by R21

Dont ask me what I chose, I got bored very quickly

So, posters, thoughts?

I reckon we're a chance

• Haha 1

Not a chance.

Would need to win 9 of the remaining 10. 

Even then we would still probably miss out on % 

19 minutes ago, jumbo returns said:

So, posters, thoughts?

I reckon we're a chance

tumblr_mjv0ro3i7e1r6crk7o1_500.gif

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

The Melbourne thing to do would be win the next 9 on the trot then lose R23 to North to fall short on %age.

• Like 11
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1

NO

• Like 1

If we win the next 4  (Freo, Brisbane, Doggies, Carlton)  we are a chance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Be better not to now in my opinion.

Similar to the Swans in 2017, I think we'd use up all our tickets getting there and it would end up a pointless endeavor. We'd then be starting behind again, just like last preseason, with worn down players needing surgery/rehab and we'd be staring down the barrel of an underprepared 2020.

I personally think we should treat the rest of 2019 as a preseason for 2020. Get the surgeries done now, be extra conservative with rehab and fitness, workshop our game plan and structures, and make some hard decisions about senior players who may need to be dropped to work on weak areas of their games.

All about 2020 now. Get a head start so we can have clear air going into preseason.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

Be better not to now in my opinion.

Similar to the Swans in 2017, I think we'd use up all our tickets getting there and it would end up a pointless endeavor. We'd then be starting behind again, just like last preseason, with worn down players needing surgery/rehab and we'd be staring down the barrel of an underprepared 2020.

I personally think we should treat the rest of 2019 as a preseason for 2020. Get the surgeries done now, be extra conservative with rehab and fitness, workshop our game plan and structures, and make some hard decisions about senior players who may need to be dropped to work on weak areas of their games.

All about 2020 now. Get a head start so we can have clear air going into preseason.

Interesting points, but does that build a winning hardened mindset or is it a Sign to give it away for the year?

• Like 1

I wish we could, but sadly i can't see it happening this year😔

Just now, Sir Why You Little said:

Interesting points, but does that build a winning hardened mindset or is it a Sign to give it away for the year?

I'm not talking about tanking, the ultimate goal of winning games remains otherwise you destroy any culture we've built, but playing fit players takes precedence over rushing in underdone or sore players, despite talent. Get TMac, Viney, Gus or anyone else that appears to be playing under duress off to the surgeon or into the 'off legs' program rather than riding them into the ground and impacting their preseason.

Build up more of a portfolio of game plans and get the onfield leaders versed in reading the state of the game and implementing them. We seem to only have the 1 strategy, despite the momentum of the game. If we can get a focus on that, spend time in game working on it, it will hold us in good stead for the future I believe.

• Like 1

Just now, Lord Nev said:

I'm not talking about tanking, the ultimate goal of winning games remains otherwise you destroy any culture we've built, but playing fit players takes precedence over rushing in underdone or sore players, despite talent. Get TMac, Viney, Gus or anyone else that appears to be playing under duress off to the surgeon or into the 'off legs' program rather than riding them into the ground and impacting their preseason.

Build up more of a portfolio of game plans and get the onfield leaders versed in reading the state of the game and implementing them. We seem to only have the 1 strategy, despite the momentum of the game. If we can get a focus on that, spend time in game working on it, it will hold us in good stead for the future I believe.

I understand that Nev. i want us to win more games than we lose in this last 10. 

Learn to hurt and hurt to win

Fine line getting the balance right

• Like 2

Just now, Sir Why You Little said:

I understand that Nev. i want us to win more games than we lose in this last 10. 

Learn to hurt and hurt to win

Fine line getting the balance right

Absolutely, I'm 100% with you on that, I'm not into 'alternate scoreboards'. We should be building more of a structure that relies less on talent to be effective and then we'll get that balance you speak of right IMO. I believe we've got the competitive stuff and plenty of the 'hurt', but we are just a bit dumb and unskilled. We get such a small window in between seasons to work on things, let's just start it now and launch into 2020 at full speed.

• Like 1

Ha ha haha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

It is a fair bit different to outright tanking or putting the cue in the rack.

Those developing/fringe types that we would be putting extra games into would be going pretty hard at it with the opertunity they are given I recon.

I'm in agreement that it's the approach that we should take, but only from around Rd 18 - 19 onwards. We need to get games into as much of that best 22 as we can get on the feild between now and then to build back confidence, build that game style and winning culture for 2020.  I think once we do build back a bit of confidence and system, it should actually be easier to slot a few of the lesser likes back into the lineup and give them a go at the end of the season.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lord Nev said:

Absolutely, I'm 100% with you on that, I'm not into 'alternate scoreboards'. We should be building more of a structure that relies less on talent to be effective and then we'll get that balance you speak of right IMO. I believe we've got the competitive stuff and plenty of the 'hurt', but we are just a bit dumb and unskilled. We get such a small window in between seasons to work on things, let's just start it now and launch into 2020 at full speed.

I do agree to a point, but to pull the pin on 2019 after 12 Rounds, which is basically what you are advocating, to me could be very dangerous

New Gameplans should be being worked on RIGHT NOW by all Coaches over the bye week. 

As a Club, We need to beat Freo at the MCG next week...

1 hour ago, jumbo returns said:

So, posters, thoughts?

I reckon we're a chance

Can I have some of the stuff you are on jumbo!!?

unnamed_(2).gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Better chance of Donald trump becoming a respectful, measured statesman overnight ... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jumbo returns said:

So, posters, thoughts?

I reckon we're a chance

Definitely not.  Mr Ewing.

It would be a slow tracking of our list growth,  and slow our future progress.   We are back in the rushing pack,  atmo...  and we lack the speed and the skilled players.

And still we lack,  that A-lite player. or two.

Oli and Brayshaw have plateaued,  and do not deliver the ball well enough  for our forwards to be real weapons.

We need A-graders in the run and carry areas.  Our flanks are our biggest weakness's,  hb, centrline, and hf's...  and the pockets... ie:  running players...  & not just running players,  but a couple of the best around.

We need to top-up with a couple of top guns...  top 15 type running players.

It's  not about winning the next 9  games or whatever in making the eight to me it is losing 11 games and then you can say that is it!

The guys will give it a red hot go and give it their all knowing they are still a chance now that we have May and Lever back which is a start.

Confidence and winning games is great medicine so if there is a chance I have the faith.

After all that is what we play for.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

I'm not talking about tanking, the ultimate goal of winning games remains otherwise you destroy any culture we've built,

but playing fit players takes precedence over rushing in underdone or sore players, despite talent. Get TMac, Viney, Gus or anyone else that appears to be playing under duress off to the surgeon or into the 'off legs' program rather than riding them into the ground and impacting their preseason.

This is it exactly LoNe.

• Love 1