Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Sir Why You Little said:

You are not factoring in the massive population growth of Melbourne and Victoria

We can grow our supporter base with solid onfield performances. 

I want to see more kids in a Melbourne Jumper as well as Financial MCC Members

If the population was really booming in a way that led to footy club memberships booming why have the Dogs not capitalised on their flag with the growth of the Western Suburbs? They target those areas constantly for growth.

The big clubs in particular have seen their membership numbers boom and I'm sure that's because they've created far more cheaper membership categories and sold them to casual fans and people who don't renew every year.

Smaller clubs like ours have been supported by loyal members who buy a full membership year in year out. The MCC memberships should've helped our bottom line and should continue to grow, there might be close to 10k+ available if they got everyone there signed up. But for most others they are already committed. I know a lot of casual fans of big clubs who don't go the footy, clearly there's some form of bias by association involved but nearly everyone I know who's a Melbourne supporter is a member and turns up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Billy said:

So Perts getting paid a fortune for delusional comments like this

Fair dinkum, let’s try and get 50k for the first time

Bring back PJ

We will easily make 55k and 60k is possible this year. 70k next year if we win flag this year and continue form. Into next year. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All good comments re our potential for Membership growth this season.

1. Dogs increase from 35,000 in 2015 to 47,000 in 2017 was based on the 2016 flag and Ballarat members coming on board (about 3/4,000) from my limited knowledge. We don't have a country boost but I believe a bigger supporter base potentially that cares and is crying out for success as each year passes and performance and success is more believable.

2. Those 90,000 plus fans in both finals were made up of a majority vs Hawks and a 75% mass of Red and Blue. Ie 67,500 est .Many in the Members (MCC) were I suspect either latent Dees fans using their ticket or visitors or guest tickets. Definite potential for new MFC Members (Dogs don't have that base)

3.There is no doubt the viral posts on social media since the 2017 disaster and subsequent Jack Watts media outrage are behind us and the good feel factor and vision is of a Club on the rise (4 years in a row) and football quality on our list sells HOPE and SUCCESS.Those  2 qualities are   Huge motivation and therefore can be untapped results in the making.

4. I have enough faith in Gary Pert's goals and aims. Tempering reality with about a normal 10% increase will mean 50,000 in 2019. I sort of think we may get about 55,000 this year or more but perhaps not 60,000. The 70,000 will be a flag based increase or sensational continued performances of consistency over the next 2 seasons.

5. I remembering laughing at Ben Gales 3 -0-75 talk. It happened and has flourished.

5. Let's start by Gary's aims of 40,000 vs Power and I reckon 80,000 is well achievable for  Round 3 vs Dons if both Clubs compete well in Rounds 1and 2.Plenty of presale tickets seem to have already commenced with 2/3 of the parts of the ground sold out. GA being one of the only 3/4 areas to be purchased.

Good luck to us in 2019 many of us are living our dreams and hopes of decades of disappointment.

6. Don't miss it It's happening before our eyes and IS REAL

 

 

 

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Moonshadow said:

Not only just the number, but the type of membership is critical. A three game membership costs much less than a Trident or Redleg

Yes I agree with you for once Moon.

We need the right types. No riff raff.

Quality not quantity.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

If the population was really booming in a way that led to footy club memberships booming why have the Dogs not capitalised on their flag with the growth of the Western Suburbs? They target those areas constantly for growth.

The big clubs in particular have seen their membership numbers boom and I'm sure that's because they've created far more cheaper membership categories and sold them to casual fans and people who don't renew every year.

Smaller clubs like ours have been supported by loyal members who buy a full membership year in year out. The MCC memberships should've helped our bottom line and should continue to grow, there might be close to 10k+ available if they got everyone there signed up. But for most others they are already committed. I know a lot of casual fans of big clubs who don't go the footy, clearly there's some form of bias by association involved but nearly everyone I know who's a Melbourne supporter is a member and turns up.

The only reason the MFC is a so called “Small Club” is because we have had lazy administrations for decades. Stop thinking the club is small. 

It’s GROWTH TIME right now

Melbourne will be bigger than Sydney in about 5 years

The MFC must ride that wave

Pert is the right man to get the ball rolling, after PJ planted seeds and nurtured old soil back to life

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, 58er said:

All good comments re our potential for Membership growth this season.

1. Dogs increase from 35,000 in 2015 to 47,000 in 2017 was based on the 2016 flag and Ballarat members coming on board (about 3/4,000) from my limited knowledge. We don't have a country boost but I believe a bigger supporter base potentially that cares and is crying out for success as each year passes and performance and success is more believable.

2. Those 90,000 plus fans in both finals were made up of a majority vs Hawks and a 75% mass of Red and Blue. Ie 67,500 est .Many in the Members (MCC) were I suspect either latent Dees fans using their ticket or visitors or guest tickets. Definite potential for new MFC Members (Dogs don't have that base)

3.There is no doubt the viral posts on social media since the 2017 disaster and subsequent Jack Watts media outrage are behind us and the good feel factor and vision is of a Club on the rise (4 years in a row) and football quality on our list sells HOPE and SUCCESS.Those  2 qualities are   Huge motivation and therefore can be untapped results in the making.

4. I have enough faith in Gary Pert's goals and aims. Tempering reality with about a normal 10% increase will mean 50,000 in 2019. I sort of think we may get about 55,000 this year or more but perhaps not 60,000. The 70,000 will be a flag based increase or sensational continued performances of consistency over the next 2 seasons.

5. I remembering laughing at Ben Gales 3 -0-75 talk. It happened and has flourished.

5. Let's start by Gary's aims of 40,000 vs Power and I reckon 80,000 is well achievable for  Round 3 vs Dons if both Clubs compete well in Rounds 1and 2.Plenty of presale tickets seem to have already commenced with 2/3 of the parts of the ground sold out. GA being one of the only 3/4 areas to be purchased.

Good luck to us in 2019 many of us are living our dreams and hopes of decades of disappointment.

6. Don't miss it It's happening before our eyes and IS REAL

 

 

 

 

58 i think you and Pert are thinking along the same lines. 

It’s up to the players and Goodwin to win games now. If that happens 70,000 is achievable this year. 

It won’t just happen. We need extraordinary work from everyone. 

But Whorethorn do that every year...

we have been lazy for 54 years. That is the bottom line

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did my bit today by convincing a West Coast supporter who has just moved to Melbourne from Perth to buy MFC membership. 

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Biffen said:

Yes I agree with you for once Moon.

We need the right types. No riff raff.

Quality not quantity.

Which membership category is yours, Biff?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, The Chief said:

Did my bit today by convincing a West Coast supporter who has just moved to Melbourne from Perth to buy MFC membership. 

Get him to sign up the rest of his family, Chief!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

Which membership category is yours, Biff?

I'm going to suggest Biff is a " country " member. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, pineapple dee said:

I'm going to suggest Biff is a " country " member. 

Yes, I remember.

(apologies to EGW)

  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, The Chief said:

Did my bit today by convincing a West Coast supporter who has just moved to Melbourne from Perth to buy MFC membership. 

Nice work, but tempered somewhat by the possibility that he was still stunned by entering a modern civilisation, and as such was susceptible to suggestion.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

36 minutes ago, faultydet said:

Nice work, but tempered somewhat by the possibility that he was still stunned by entering a modern civilisation, and as such was susceptible to suggestion.

Yes, he’s blinded by the light and easily led astray when we’re on the gas

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pineapple dee said:

I'm going to suggest Biff is a " country " member. 

Proudly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, hemingway said:

Proudly outed as a quality country member.  

I was expropriated of my inner urban existence due to alleged gentrification performed by outer suburban Bogans with moronic TV hosts egging them on.

What was once a squalid and thriving rats  nest of authentic urban decay now has more bathrooms and faux marble than a Chinese brothel.

May lightning strike cast and crew of the block before they attack their next project.

Hence I’m a country member.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

58 i think you and Pert are thinking along the same lines. 

It’s up to the players and Goodwin to win games now. If that happens 70,000 is achievable this year. 

It won’t just happen. We need extraordinary work from everyone. 

But Whorethorn do that every year...

we have been lazy for 54 years. That is the bottom line

If you fancy being less 'lazy" there is a group of volunteers who chase Memberships on a Tuesday night

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We certainly didn’t feel like a small club in those two MGC finals with crowds over 90,000 and our fans were in the majority! I looked around at the stands at all the red and blue and wondered if we have a much larger supporter base than the media give us credit for! I’d certainly say we are a bigger club than North, St Kilda or the Bulldogs, whether 70,000 members is achievable I don’t know but I’m glad Pert and the club are aiming high.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, chookrat said:

Its pure speculation that the faces have bodies, i call fake news

If I get a call from Dickie Knee trying to get me to sign up, I’ll know you’re right on

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, sisso said:

We certainly didn’t feel like a small club in those two MGC finals with crowds over 90,000 and our fans were in the majority! I looked around at the stands at all the red and blue and wondered if we have a much larger supporter base than the media give us credit for! I’d certainly say we are a bigger club than North, St Kilda or the Bulldogs, whether 70,000 members is achievable I don’t know but I’m glad Pert and the club are aiming high.

Easy have more supports then people think, many only come out when we are winning, we can gain 10000_ members over night, just count the people that go to the Darwin game as members.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

If you fancy being less 'lazy" there is a group of volunteers who chase Memberships on a Tuesday night

No. I wouldn’t want upstage your tuesday nights. Send me a list of people and i will happily call them from home 🏡 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ding said:

We would need a couple of Flags in a row, and offer a $10 option for dual MCC/MFC membership to make 70k within 2 years.

Its probably unrealistic to expect a 50% increase in membership that quickly. Thats one of his jobs though. Talk it up and you never know. This goal would need the team to perform better than last year more than anything. A major announcement on a home base and social club would also help.

Doesnt hurt to dream.

 

People laughed (including me) at the tigers plan not so long ago.  History tells us with focus and luck things happen 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Biffen said:

I was expropriated of my inner urban existence due to alleged gentrification performed by outer suburban Bogans with moronic TV hosts egging them on.

What was once a squalid and thriving rats  nest of authentic urban decay now has more bathrooms and faux marble than a Chinese brothel.

May lightning strike cast and crew of the block before they attack their next project.

Hence I’m a country member.

Well done and well said. Nothing vanilla about your sensibility. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have had 3 generations of total schitness. That won't help as the supporters we have are already rusted on. We need a solid decade before we attract 50 percent more financial members. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Bulldogs comparison is pretty tenuous.  If you look back to the 90s and early 2000s era, we always had heaps more supporters than them, so should have a much bigger base from which to build.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Social Media

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles

    WINDY DAY FOOTY by KC from Casey

    Windy day footy has always been the domain of those who play the game hard: on days when the breeze gusts all over the place and the ground has been sodden by recent rains, the player needs to get all aspects of his game together and be hard of body and mind, to concentrate and attack the football. The Casey Demons came out on their own deck in such conditions and under a mainly sunny sky and gave it a crack for half a game but they lost sight of the fundamentals of playing hard in difficul

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    TRECIMATED by George on the Outer

    A little more than two months have passed since Melbourne met and came close to beating the reigning premier West Coast in the preliminary final replay over in the West. At the time, the Demons had three wins on the board and now, nine rounds later and going into this week’s match, they have managed to add a paltry two more wins to the ledger.  The Eagles, in contrast, have moved to within percentage of second spot on the ladder despite their loss at home this week against Collingwood. Whil

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    SAME STORY, DIFFERENT SONG by George on the Outer

    Melbourne was still suffering from the same old story - a lack of AFL capable players from which to choose at the selection table - and the Western Bulldogs got to sing their song again. But wait, that wasn’t the Doggie’s song we’ve been hearing for the last 30 years, it was some other concoction and no-one knew the words to it but whatever it was, they got to mumble it with gusto after a huge 8 point win! The sad thing is that the Bulldogs (or Footscray or whatever they choose to call

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    DOGGED by KC from Casey

    On Sunday, the Casey Demons met the Footscray VFL under the roof at the same venue where their nemesis took them down in the 2017 grand final and the result left them with the same feeling of disappointment - this time with a seven point defeat that ended the club’s four game winning streak and made things a lot harder in terms of playing in this year’s final series.   And, as has so often happened this year, the Demons let the game get away from them with but failing to take advantage of th

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    BARKING MAD by The Oracle

    There was so much hype proliferating about Melbourne’s prospects for season 2019 a mere four months ago, that one could be forgiven for thinking anyone contemplating the prospect of a bottom four finish for the Demons at the time was barking mad. That however, is the prospect that they face at the moment and a loss to the Bulldogs on Sunday would make it a virtual certainty.  The club’s downward spiral after several years of moving steadily on an upward trajectory has been well documented i

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    THE MELBOURNE WAY by George on the Outer

    Much has been made by the coaching staff of playing a “Melbourne way” style of play. The nail-biting finish by the Demons in the dying minute of the game could not have been any more the case in point.   Leading by a game-high 38 points late in the third quarter, and by five goals at the final change, this should have been the catalyst for a romp home to an easy win.   But that is not the “Melbourne way” and the supporters, especially those with a severe case of MFCSS (aka intense inse

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    PINK AND BLUE CAN’T KICK TRUE by KC from Casey

    The Casey Demons took on the Northern Blues at home on Saturday  in a game that was crucial in terms of their hopes for September and they took away the valuable four points on offer after some worrying moments. Most of those worries were self-inflicted as a result of some shocking inaccuracy in front of goal, sloppiness in play and a little bit of indiscipline that all combined to make the game a lot closer than it should have been. The final scoreboard showed the Demons winning the P

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    GO FIGURE by Sam the Stats Man

    In May last year, a rampant Melbourne side demolished Carlton by 109 points at the MCG. The Demons did as they pleased and ran rings against a young, abysmal Blues combination. The Dees led in virtually every key performance indicator, notably entering the inside 50 metre mark 63 times to 33 and the superiority of their attack was highlighted by a 74% shooting accuracy rate (to 47%).  A little more than a year later the two sides face each other for the first time since that rout and the ta

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews 1

    GORN AT THE GABBA by George on The Outer

    With Melbourne leading the Brisbane Lions in the second term, and the game in the balance, a Max Gawn ankle injury signalled that the Demons were as good as gorrnnn for the match. Without a suitable 2nd ruck and (once again) forced to use either Tom McDonald, Tim Smith or Sam Weidemann in the ruck the Demons found themselves without a forward line that could kick a winning score. Not that anything really changed, as the forward line has been completely dysfunctional all season and one

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    GAMBIT by KC from Casey

    The opening gambit of Saturday afternoon’s game told us everything about who would be its main players and who would come out on top. The Casey Demons were eager to turn the tables on the Box Hill Hawks who beat them in last year’s grand final and then gave them a first up mauling at City Oval, Box Hill. Kicking with the aid of a strong breeze in the opening term, Braydon Preuss’ first hit out went straight to the diminutive Jay Kennedy Harris who pounced with a 70 metre shot at goal that sailed

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    MURDER BY NUMBERS by Sam the Stats Man

    The respective ladder positions of this week’s combatants tell the story of one side on the rise and the other in steep decline. Since their most recent meeting which took place early last year, the Dees and the Lions have changed positions. They are opposed to each again on the former’s home turf with the locals in fine fettle after blowing St Kilda off the park at Marvel Stadium.  The Lions’ home ground advantage has been a major consideration so far this year. They have won five out of s

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    MUD HEAP by KC from Casey

    In the opening round of the 2018 VFL season, the Casey Demons enjoyed an emphatic 107 point victory over Coburg at Piranha Park. The team was loaded with Melbourne listed players (half a dozen of them were in the team that beat Fremantle on Saturday) and the side was in its way to a grand final appearance. A season and a half later, the club returned to the same venue in the hope of kick starting a season that had gone somewhat awry under new coach Sam Radford and while they tasted victory (as y

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

×
×
  • Create New...