Jump to content

  • Podcast: Draft Wrap Up w/Jason Taylor  

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Moonshadow said:

If most of our members were full memberships and our premium memberships were sold out in the process, we would no longer be a smaller club. I know a guy that was on a wait list for Collingwood premium membership because they had sold out. Now wouldn't that be a good position to be in?

I believe our premium memberships sold out in October with a waiting list so the club converted two general bays to Redleg bays to meet the demand.

The club is conscious of selling 'too many' premium/GFG memberships to not exhaust the GF ticket allocation so Full (11-game) members still have some chance of getting GF tickets.  Given that a club is allocated about 15,000 GF tickets I feel the club is doing the right thing by capping the number of premium and GFG memberships.  I suspect other clubs also cap their premium/GFG memberships for the same reason.  If we continue to perform we will have a long waiting list for those membership types.

So I think we are well on our way to a higher average membership revenue with the extra Redleg bays, Full members converting to premium/GFG memberships and 3-game members converting to Full members to get some priority for GF tickets.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Rod Grinter Riot Squad said:

Hawks and North have Tasmanian focused membership packages, why don’t we have one for the NT?

Why, if you buy a package that only gets you into one home game does it have to be at the MCG and not Alice Springs or Darwin?

Sure the numbers won’t be large but every member counts and the club is neglecting an opportunity in the NT.

That is a great idea!

I don't recall which Vic club it was but they had a multiple game membership (eg 3 or 5) and it could be used to go to those number of games or all used at once ie take 2 or 4 friends to the same game.  This could make it worthwhile for an NT member to join and receive the other membership benefits which would include access to finals tickets.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/9/2019 at 1:54 PM, DV8 said:

Put the players change rooms in the southern stand...so all rank & file supporters and members, even Mcc members will be welcome and able to visit the team.

 

All Kids are equal_   as are Adults.   SO... lets show that. or does the club stand for segregation.

 

.

Were you meaning Richmond supporters? If so, there's a typo in your post as I imagine you meant to write that they are "rank and vile" supporters.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

I believe our premium memberships sold out in October with a waiting list so the club converted two general bays to Redleg bays to meet the demand.

The club is conscious of selling 'too many' premium/GFG memberships to not exhaust the GF ticket allocation so Full (11-game) members still have some chance of getting GF tickets.  Given that a club is allocated about 15,000 GF tickets I feel the club is doing the right thing by capping the number of premium and GFG memberships.  I suspect other clubs also cap their premium/GFG memberships for the same reason.  If we continue to perform we will have a long waiting list for those membership types.

So I think we are well on our way to a higher average membership revenue with the extra Redleg bays, Full members converting to premium/GFG memberships and 3-game members converting to Full members to get some priority for GF tickets.

What a beautifully bizarro world we live in. A few years ago the thought of us capping our premium membership so as not to exhaust our Grand Final allocation would have been fanciful. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Were you meaning Richmond supporters? If so, there's a typo in your post as I imagine you meant to write that they are "rank and vile" supporters.

Obviously, "all rank & file supporters" in a topic on Melbournefc memberships, is about only Mfc supporters...   Of every level of employment and Tax scale..

All inclusive, and non-exclusive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 3/9/2019 at 12:19 PM, whatwhatsaywhat said:

and essendon, and carlton, and richmond...

Carlton play at Geelong so what advantage do they get?0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/9/2019 at 12:54 PM, DV8 said:

Put the players change rooms in the southern stand...so all rank & file supporters and members, even Mcc members will be welcome and able to visit the team.

 

All Kids are equal_   as are Adults.   SO... lets show that. or does the club stand for segregation.

 

.

It's your choice to sit In The Southern Stand the race for our players and change rooms have been on the Members and Northern Stand side.as long as I have been a Dees Supporter (1958) so the Mountain is not moving for Mohammed!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, 58er said:

It's your choice to sit In The Southern Stand the race for our players and change rooms have been on the Members and Northern Stand side.as long as I have been a Dees Supporter (1958) so the Mountain is not moving for Mohammed!!

The players race in the Olympic stand was the boundary of the Mcc and the public area 58.

 

So on one side Mcc kids had contact with their idols, and on the public side, the public had contact with their idols, all at the same time...   and the rooms were accessible before and after games.

In the mad wisdom with the new north stand,  they removed contact for the public,  to the race, and the rooms.

... supporter since 56.

Edited by DV8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DV8 said:

The players race in the Olympic stand was the boundary of the Mcc and the public area 58.

 

So on one side Mcc kids had contact with their idols, and on the public side, the public had contact with their idols, all at the same time...   and the rooms were accessible before and after games.

In the mad wisdom with the new north stand,  they removed contact for the public,  to the race, and the rooms.

... supporter since 56.

Lots of players go at least to the Army area maybe write to the Club and ask them to come over. With more members some will be in the "Outer" so a gentle reminder would be suitable.

Good luck!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 58er said:

Lots of players go at least to the Army area maybe write to the Club and ask them to come over. With more members some will be in the "Outer" so a gentle reminder would be suitable.

Good luck!

 

Not enough 58.   Nothing short of having the players race adjacent to the regular footy punters children will do the job.  The regular AFL supporter deserves better than what they have copped since the end of the 90's.

 

So I will do this task this way. on the footy forums.  I am not a letter writer 58.  Have no faith in the reply of the suits... but the supporter networks will start to take head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, DV8 said:

Not enough 58.   Nothing short of having the players race adjacent to the regular footy punters children will do the job.  The regular AFL supporter deserves better than what they have copped since the end of the 90's.

 

So I will do this task this way. on the footy forums.  I am not a letter writer 58.  Have no faith in the reply of the suits... but the supporter networks will start to take head.

My reply is in the Round 6 Melb vs Bulldogs thread DV8. Sorry for that placement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2019 at 5:58 PM, It's Time said:

I compiled the table of historical membership numbers on the membership thread and I follow it each year for trends. To me the membership numbers are the best gauge of the Club's health. On the current membership growth rate compared to other years on the table we are heading towards just under or just over 50,000. 

We had a pre Christmas jump of about 4000 compared to last year but since then it is increasing at about the same rate.

Interestingly since the article that prompted this OP the membership has jumped ahead over 1000 compared to the increase in the same week last year. That's the biggest difference at this time of the year possibly ever. So either Perty's MCC strategy is working or just getting articles out there like this one have focused supporters on getting memberships. Either way we could see a big jump if this continues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

about time we were compared with the big 4 (essendon, Richmond, hawthorn, Collingwood) in terms of members. 

we could always use the North Melbourne method and sign up 10,000 cats and dogs to get to 70k?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

70k is a pipe dream, will not happen until we win three flags in the next decade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, old dee said:

70k is a pipe dream, will not happen until we win three flags in the next decade.

you are probably right but overtaking Carlton and getting recognition is an attainable albeit difficult goal

60k should do it

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

you are probably right but overtaking Carlton and getting recognition is an attainable albeit difficult goal

60k should do it

I doubt 60k is real unless we win a flag in the next two years DJ. There are just not that many Dees supporters out there after half a century of dismal results. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, old dee said:

I doubt 60k is real unless we win a flag in the next two years DJ. There are just not that many Dees supporters out there after half a century of dismal results. 

that's what worries me.

Last year someone posted a table of supporters as distinct from members and we were way down the list.

Definitely need that flag OD. I am getting quite frustrated by our lack of success and fully expect this window to deliver. If not it could be a while until we enter that window again. Players like Oliver and Gawn etc don't come along too often especially at the MFC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be happy with 50k which is only about 11k to go so a couple of wins early should see us get to this milestone. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Docs Demons said:

I would be happy with 50k which is only about 11k to go so a couple of wins early should see us get to this milestone. 

That covers it DD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I got a call tonight from Billy Stretch, unfortunately (but not) as I was putting my 3yr old to sleep I missed it. Listening to the message later I was surprised to hear Billy was calling to speak to my young guy, asking him to sign up again. 

“He” signed up 3 or 4 weeks ago. I do hope the club updates the books soonish. 

Edited by Cards13
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

40,000 members prior to Round 1 is a great achievement!

Surely we're aiming at possibly signing up 50k by the cut off date?  It actually seems like a realistic target now.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2019 at 7:05 PM, The Chief said:

Did my bit today by convincing a West Coast supporter who has just moved to Melbourne from Perth to buy MFC membership. 

Fantastic effort - there is no greater colloquial population than that of Perth, WA; an Eagles supporter at that! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we are approx 5000 up on this time last year.  great effort

I think 50K could be achievable this year!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Social Media

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles

    BACK IN STYLE by Whispering Jack

    From the moment when the Elton John character in the movie “Rocketman” burst into its opening scene dressed as a flamboyant demon on his way to an addiction rehabilitation session, the game was on. Here was yet another film about a person gifted with a meteoric rise to stardom finding coke, booze and a hedonistic lifestyle that led directly to a destructive crash into the abyss. Ultimately, these stories end in total disaster (“A Star is Born”, “Bohemian Rhapsody”, “Judy”) but this one resulted

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features

    THE TRADING CHRONICLES 2019

    PART ONE - OVERTURE  I have a disclaimer at the outset. I’m not a fan of the races - be they horses or motors of any kind. Once the final siren sounds on the football season, I find the month or so that follows and corresponds roughly with the Spring Racing Carnival to be the most boring time of the year for sports fans. You turn on the radio and you’re confronted by the monotonous drone of a self-proclaimed racing expert or by the nasally twang of an ex-jockey banging on about the equine p

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features 8

    CHANGES 2019 by The Oracle

    PART 1 - IT’S A LITTLE MORE COMPLICATED THIS TIME This year’s free agency, trade and draft period will see the usual drama and upheaval as the AFL’s 18 clubs seek to better their lists in order to challenge for finals and possibly premiership honours. Long before the final siren sounded on the season just over a week ago, the maneuvering was under way with player agents and clubs discussing possible player movements and in some cases, deals had already been done.  Yesterday, the r

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features 2

    HOW FAR SOUTH? by George on the Outer

    It was appropriate that Melbourne was playing its last game of season 2019 in Hobart.  After all, how much further south could the team go? And much as it has done in many of the previous 22 games, the side managed to extract a loss from a winning position by simply giving the ball back to the opposition time and time again. In fact, they gave it back to the opposition to the tune of 53 points from turnovers while, by way of contrast North Melbourne contributed  only 17 points to their oppo

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    COOKED by The Oracle

    I can vividly remember when the Demons ventured onto Blundstone Arena for the first time in early 2016 only to lose to the Kangaroos by 20.11.131 to 21.10.136.    Melbourne was then a team on the up and up: young, enthusiastic and bold. It gave up a huge quarter time deficit after kicking against a strong wind but made that up by half time and fell dramatically short after an exciting high scoring affair.  The team lost no fans that day - they were willing to take the game on and attac

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    HELP by KC rom Casey

    The Casey Demons finished off their home and away season against Frankston at Skybus Stadium on Sunday with a narrow, unconvincing 6-point victory that left the door slightly open for a top eight berth when the VFL finals begin in a fortnight’s time. While sunny skies prevailed over Frankston in the morning, the skies became overcast by noon and heavy waves pounded the bay nearby as the rains came in to greet the players as the game started. And conditions stayed dark and dreary for the rem

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    THANKS BUT NO THANKS by George on the Outer

    Thanks, but no thanks! In a round where the club was supposed to thank their fans for the support during the year, the Melbourne Football Club chose to do otherwise with a 53 point loss to a team that sat 15th on the ladder.  Don’t give us cheap jumpers that can’t be sold in the Demon shop.  Don’t give us vouchers to shop there, give us something on the field, which is why we come to the football in the first place. It was a disgraceful performance, which started with a disgracefu

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    SLEEP OUT AT THE MCG by The Oracle

    Around about 12 months ago Melbourne and Sydney fought out an epic battle between two top eight teams fighting for the best possible ladder position in the lead up to the finals. The Swans triumphed by 9 points at the MCG after the Demons came back from five goals down at three quarter time. But for its poor kicking for goal, Melbourne might well have won the game and finished in the top four. Who knows what might then have happened for the club in September? As a consequence, the person re

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    A LITTLE RAY OF SUNSHINE by KC from Casey

    Two clubs that have been hard hit by injury recently took part in a dour battle under dark clouds and, with intermittent showers falling, it wasn’t a pretty game at Victoria Park on Sunday. Despite all that, the Casey Demons added a little ray of sunshine to their day to get the job done over a "traditional" rival with a 15 point victory over Collingwood VFL that breathed life back into their season. There were a few highlights at the ground that in past days has seen many titanic batt

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    THE RETRO ROUND by George on the Outer

    We have seen it all before… Yes, a wonderful idea to showcase what used to be in football.  Big crowds, umpires who knew how to apply the rules and not opinions, high marks, skilful players. But for the Melbourne supporters their retro is what it has been like for the past 10 years. Losing games, end on end, year after year.  Opportunities squandered in front of goal. VFL standard players running around at the MCG. Just more of the same, and the game against Collingwood was no ex

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    THE PEOPLE SPEAK by The Demonland Crew

    Thanks to Demonlanders for their input into this week’s preview. Ralphius Maximus is short and bittersweet: We'll crack in at the bounce to create a contest, win our share of the ball, butcher the forward movement and get scored on easily from the intercepts. Not that hard to predict. Big Demon says: Unfortunately Collingwood will win because they have a lot more to play for. We will be good in parts but really the season is well over so we will have to put up with those bell

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    WHAT, NO BLOOD? by George on the Outer

    The feeling when turning up to the MCG on a Saturday night to play a top four side in Richmond, while the Melbourne sits cemented in close proximity to the bottom of the table is like attending the Colosseum in Ancient Roman times. The expectation is that a bloodbath is about to occur. There are 100,000 Richmond members and 50,000 Melbourne members, and despite the fact that it turned out to be a wet night after half-time, a crowd of only 37K bothered to turn up. That should never have happ

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

×
×
  • Create New...