Farewell Jack Watts

PaulRB

Trade Jack Watts or not?  

477 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, mo64 said:

Roos gets away with shooting his mouth off without anybody questioning him. I'd take him to task on the above points.

- His progress in the latter of his past 2 years resulted in a 21st placed finish in the B&F. But obviously Roos knows better than those that he left in charge.

- If Watts isn't an elite endurance player, then what is his role in the team? He's not a KPF. He's hasn't got explosive pace like Garlett. Without elite endurance or pace, you don't survive as an outside player. And Watts needs to take responsibility for his own recovery from injury instead of jetting off to Byron Bay, which Roos conveniently left out.

- I can't think of 1 game where Watts has won it off his own boot, let alone 6-8. He may have made a significant contribution, but that's different to being a matchwinner.

Roos is full of sh#t.

Your memory is very poor. Or you are just a biased person.

2 minutes ago, layzie said:

I've jumped between the two sides of keep or kick in the last few days but this is kind of how I felt after reading what Roos said as well. Couldn't help but roll my eyes when it came to the part about him not being a player you could bring straight back in. Give me a spell. Were we supposed to give Jack 6 weeks off for his hammy?

If all we get out of the watts trade is a sweetener for adelayed I’ll be fu$&&king ropable ...especially if those pricks from down deliverance way (Geelong) get him for nothing 

We are in control of the Lever trade , it’s 10 & 27 or go get [censored] Burton and lever walks to the pre season draft 

if the club are just trying to make an example of watts , then they’ve [censored] up too, play him at Casey for first 6 weeks if u want to send a msg about standards 

just leave it ... FFS 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, mo64 said:

Roos gets away with shooting his mouth off without anybody questioning him. I'd take him to task on the above points.

- His progress in the latter of his past 2 years resulted in a 21st placed finish in the B&F. But obviously Roos knows better than those that he left in charge.

- If Watts isn't an elite endurance player, then what is his role in the team? He's not a KPF. He's hasn't got explosive pace like Garlett. Without elite endurance or pace, you don't survive as an outside player. And Watts needs to take responsibility for his own recovery from injury instead of jetting off to Byron Bay, which Roos conveniently left out.

- I can't think of 1 game where Watts has won it off his own boot, let alone 6-8. He may have made a significant contribution, but that's different to being a matchwinner.

Roos is full of sh#t.

And so is your first point when he only played 16 games. Top 6 after his first 12 games. And played 4 of the next 10 games, which 3 we're poor after into injury. Finishing 21 it's not a good measure. Would like to see how he finished overall with the players in the 14-16 game range.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

But but but not everyone has to be a hard trainer like Viney or Oliver. A club has to be made up of different types and different personalities. Kids and sponsors love Jack. Maybe what we see is what we get with Watts and it's just OUR expectations that are out of whack. It's our fault because we're expecting the Messiah and taking it out on him cause he didn't live up to the hype. Watts is already as good as he'll ever be it's just cause Goodwin hates him for some unknown reason that he's willing to get rid of a matchwinner and all round good guy in some bizarre attempt to cut of his nose to spite his face. I'm not renewing my membership.

Or something.

/sarcasm

I feel like this adequately sums up Demonland for the past 9 years. Just lacks riddles and then you'd have it all. ?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, mo64 said:

Roos is full of sh#t.

He knows a lot more than you mate.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Maintain a modicum of class and discuss the various trade options with other clubs more discretely.

Seriously? Have a look at the post 2 down from yours. It's a screenshot: "Watts tours Geelong facilities."

The AFL: everyone knows everything.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mo64 said:

- His progress in the latter of his past 2 years resulted in a 21st placed finish in the B&F.

Probably could take into account the games he missed, around 6...

Just stating he finished 21st needs that qualifier.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, At the break of Gawn said:

And so is your first point when he only played 16 games. Top 6 after his first 12 games. And played 4 of the next 10 games, which 3 we're poor after into injury. Finishing 21 it's not a good measure. Would like to see how he finished overall with the players in the 14-16 game range.

When you miss games because of poor form or due to your own poor preparation, you can't use that as an excuse. 

Can you imagine if Goodwin brought Watts back from injury via Casey, as Roos is suggesting? This place would have gone into meltdown.

15 minutes ago, mo64 said:

No, I actually take the word of the current coach and FD ahead of what Roos has got to say. Why didn't Roos mention Watts little trip to Byron?

What a shocking thing to do. Takes a short trip to Byron. Hell's Bells so many perfect people on this forum.

Edited by Bobby McKenzie
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, At the break of Gawn said:

Of course he was Top 6 after 12 games.  He helped carry us.  Because he is a very good footballer.  So 30 odd games in a row he is in our top half dozen.  Gets hurt and struggles to regain his form, yet still manages to be amongst our best on our most important game in recent years whilst having the pressure of having to come back thru the ressies.  

Its unbelievable.  We miss out on the 8 by 0.5% and the thanks we give this servant is 'do you mind leaving now Jack?'

Coaching staff and decision makers have [censored] this up.  Polls 21st in the b/f.  All interested parties rub their hands at this.  He gets cheaper and cheaper.  

S     C     A     P     E     G     O     A    T  .

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, mo64 said:

No, I actually take the word of the current coach and FD ahead of what Roos has got to say. Why didn't Roos mention Watts little trip to Byron?

Roos has given us more insight into this than any of the abstract comments Goody has made. 

Edited by At the break of Gawn
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Petraccattack said:

Came 21st in the B and F

Gun.  

Interestingly, he did average higher votes per game than Gawn, Melksham and a couple of others. Not sure if a couple of extra votes counts for a lot but T Mac having a breakout year in attack scored just 12.6 to Watts terrible 10.8.

I reckon we could trade out Gawn too. We have Pedersen to do ruckwork after all.

I'm over all this drama and trying to read all the posts. Just hope we get a good deal done.

1 minute ago, At the break of Gawn said:

Roos had given us more insight into this than any of the abstract comments Goody has made. 

How the fk would Roos know from afar? And what right does Roos have questioning the MFC medical and conditioning staff about how long Watts should have had off for his injury?