Post Match Discussion - Round 23

Demonland

19 minutes ago, Pates said:

Lol I have a feeling we're heading to mad Monday!

When and where are we meeting?

I have started already and won't have a problem continuing through until Monday.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am absolutely devastated.

Struggling to string words together... but that was one of the most gutless, spineless efforts I've ever seen on a footy field. Our club is an embarrassment and that might be two years in a row we've had a chance to play finals and done absolutely nothing about it. I felt so empty leaving that ground today.

I don't often get emotional about footy but today really got me.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Pates said:

If by some miracle we do make the final jeez I hope we avoid Sydney. We will get beaten by a record margin if we come up against them. 

Honestly I reckon it's the best possible result now. A final for us this year (if it happens) will be a massive wake-up call. This is how good you need to be, and how intense your mindset has to be.

I'd love to play Richmond, but a match against Sydney is the best possible learning experience for the team as it stands now.

5 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Could have had Port in an elimination final, then again I wouldn't back us to beat our womens team.

Would have gone better with the Lasses out there today.

Just now, Die Hard Demon said:

11 minutes in the first quarter before we lay our first tackle ............... 11 F**KING MINUTES!!!!!!!! 

Disgusting isn't it

i just paid $900 to the MCC/MFC for next years Membership & we get served up todays rubbish

Sat between two brothers in law ( Collingwood family ) in the Members. ( Very quiet today eh !! lol )

Even they were aghast at our putrid start to the game. At qtr time i turned to one and said. You thrashed us that qtr. I said watch. We'll win the next 3 qtrs and you'll still will. They thought me a tad defeatest.

After the game they were inquiring about lotto numbers !! :rolleyes:

We're....so....so... predictable.

• Like 2

Hard to break the habit of finishing the season in round 23 when it's been the case for 10 years... I guess.

2 minutes ago, Big Demon said:

Just a horrible performance all round against ordinary opposition. We will still likely play finals but a lot of the team has put the cue back in the rack.

Why will we likely play finals? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Petraccattack said:

Reminding myself to never make fun of Richmond ever again.

We are as big a joke as they are, if not worse.

We haven't won a premiership in 53 years. Richmond are the All Blacks compared to us. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Die Hard Demon said:

11 minutes in the first quarter before we lay our first tackle ............... 11 F**KING MINUTES!!!!!!!! 

F#%k me!!! 

The Dockers were teased last week for being witches hats.

11 was the magic number in the first, that's how many shots at goal we allowed them also. So many inexcusable efforts early on.

Why didn't Goodwin attempt to make it a scrap early?

We have played enough games there and been stitched up early to learn or adapt a plan B. 

Jesse Hogan is so bloody unlucky.

It just stinks.

Heres a guy who is not just incredibly talented but his passion is above so many others.

Nobody deserves that sort of bad luck but it's a double shame happening to a player that tries so much harder than so many others at our club.

We have so dearly missed his marking ability. It seems we have no other player that can take more than 8 marks in a game. Glaring problem.

Hope we can pick up some players that can.

1 minute ago, leave it to deever said:

Jesse Hogan is so bloody unlucky.

It just stinks.

Heres a guy who is not just incredibly talented but his passion is above so many others.

Nobody deserves that sort of bad luck but it's a double shame happening to a player that tries so much harder than so many others at our club.

We have so dearly missed his marking ability. It seems we have no other player that can take more than 8 marks in a game. Glaring problem.

Hope we can pick up some players that can.

Massive season next year for Jesse.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

Can we also cut out this "we're not ready for finals" talk?

If we finish in the top 8 then we earned the right to play that first final, and who knows how we will do. At least wait and see how we perform, if we make it.

The weight of pressure will be wholly off our shoulders if we're in Adelaide or Sydney with everyone expecting a loss. Who knows what we'll produce. 

Getting there and being ready ...can be two very different things.

Also the lack of tackling...or anything sticking is self description. We hardly tackled and little stuck.

It was embarrassingly attrocious.

47 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

Can we also cut out this "we're not ready for finals" talk?

If we finish in the top 8 then we earned the right to play that first final, and who knows how we will do. At least wait and see how we perform, if we make it.

The weight of pressure will be wholly off our shoulders if we're in Adelaide or Sydney with everyone expecting a loss. Who knows what we'll produce. 

There is a lot to be said for going into the finals on the back of three wins and not a loss to a team like Collingwood.

18 minutes ago, Luther said:

I am absolutely devastated.

Struggling to string words together... but that was one of the most gutless, spineless efforts I've ever seen on a footy field. Our club is an embarrassment and that might be two years in a row we've had a chance to play finals and done absolutely nothing about it. I felt so empty leaving that ground today.

I don't often get emotional about footy but today really got me.

Were not ready in 2016.....

I guess not ready in 2017!

Seriously 2017 will be very disappointing  if we don't play finals...

Whats concerning & needs addressing is lack of strong leaders to act on our lack if intensity very early on in the game...To go without a tackle for 11 mins in such an important game...Been the same theme against Nth & Freo games...Should have wrapt up a spot by now in the 8!

• Like 3

Just now, beelzebub said:

Getting there and being ready ...can be two very different things.

Also the lack of tackling...or anything sticking is self description. We hardly tackled and little stuck.

It was embarrassingly attrocious.

That was a very restrained reply because of the fact that ...WE ARE NOT READY FOR FINALS.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

To be fair some of the decisions were appalling, especially the one on 3/4 time

Some absolute shockers, but we need to be good enough to win no matter what the influence of the umpires is like.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Demons1858 said:

Just cracked open my 1st can of jim beam. Hoping when l wake up it will all have been just a bad dream

More likely when you wake up you will find another dozen empty cans around you.

I'm in the same boat, I just want today to be a blur and most of tomorrow really.

• Like 1