GAMEDAY - Round 8

1 minute ago, Wiseblood said:

We have the usual pack to cover the negatives, ding.  I'll pick out the positives, and in this case there were plenty.

So if we take out the goals they kicked, we actually kicked more.

Thats essentially along the same lines as what you said and it doesnt make much sense.

Anyway, it remains to be seen if we have learnt to lose the game we are meant to lose, or if today can be something different.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, M_9 said:

Looking on from afar - Loutro in Crete

Have balked at the AFL's 17 euro to watch the game. May pay up at 3/4 time.

Returned from lunch to see we were 2 points down - somewhat chuffed.

The Crows had 6 of the next 7 scoring shots for 4 goals. We then had something like 5 of the next 6 for 4 goals.

A few questions 

a) is Tmac off injured? What for

b) who is rucking?

c) is Watts permanently forward

d) are any of our left-footers (other than Lewis) using their right foot -Viney, Tyson?

e) has Weed shown anything?

Appreciate the D'land commentary. May try to get radio commentary - I'm on an Airlock.

a) No

b) Pedersen, TMac, Watts, Frost

c) Pretty much

d) Can’t say that I’ve noticed it. Tyson might be more accurate without feet

e) Not really. Took one ok grab on the wing and has layed a couple of tackles.

2 minutes ago, M_9 said:

Looking on from afar - Loutro in Crete

Have balked at the AFL's 17 euro to watch the game. May pay up at 3/4 time.

Returned from lunch to see we were 2 points down - somewhat chuffed.

The Crows had 6 of the next 7 scoring shots for 4 goals. We then had something like 5 of the next 6 for 4 goals.

A few questions 

b) who is rucking?

d) are any of our left-footers (other than Lewis) using their right foot -Viney, Tyson?

Appreciate the D'land commentary. May try to get radio commentary - I'm on an Airlock.

T Mac is not off injured.

Pedersen rucking with T Mac/Watts relieving him.

Watts has spent most of his time forward.

Not really using their right footy, but they haven't really had to.

Weed is having a dip, generally going against 2 defenders.

1 minute ago, M_9 said:

b) who is rucking?

a) Not that I am aware of
b) Mainly Pedo with Watts and Tmac doing a bit each
c) Mostly forward
d) Tysons left and right are equally as bad lets be honest, Viney used his right once and it didn't look convincing at all
e) He has been alright, tough for the forwards tonight. They are all getting double teamed pretty much

1 minute ago, Moonshadow said:

43 hit outs to 14. Ouch!

*things I never thought I'd say*

Spencer would be handy right now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

43 hit outs to 14. Ouch!

Irrelevant. Gawn and other ruckmen quite often tap it down the throat of the opposition. It's about midfielders positioning, tackling, getting the ball out to our forwards quickly. Rucks are overrated.

Edited by Skin D
  • Like 1

Just now, dees-picable said:

Undermanned . Good first half against top class side. 

Came to play.

can we keep it up?

I hope the players are more confident than I am.

Just now, ding said:

Thats essentially along the same lines as what you said and it doesnt make much sense.

Anyway, it remains to be seen if we have learnt to lose the game we are meant to lose, or if today can be something different.

What?  Not it isn't.  I said outside of that 10 minute patch we've been the better side.  In the other 45-50 minutes they have kicked 1 goal.  That's testament to our pressure and how hard we have worked.  If it doesn't make sense then that's your problem, ding.  Obviously we can't allow them to get a run on like those 10 minutes as when they get their tails up they are hard to stop, but we DID stop them, and that's a big tick for me.

• Like 1

If we could just lower our eyes a bit, their backline is too well set up to bomb it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Petraccattack said:

Vince, Watts, Garlett, Kent

All have been poor and need to lift, and if they do we will win.  If they dont they should all be dropped for letting us down so badly.

Vince is taking Sloane out of the game. Watts and Garlett stuck up forward when the ball was barely down there for the second half of the first quarter and first half of the second quarter. May be worth moving Watts up the field to get around the footy and Petracca on the ball 

• Like 1

Hit outs mean nothing. Stef Martin had 63 today. Didn't do the Lions any good.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, faultydet said:

Van Schaik would be handy. 

• Like 1

Just now, DeeZee said:

If we could just lower our eyes a bit, their backline is too well set up to bomb it.

Our forward line is like chook lotto u never know what we are gunna get!

8 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

As dazzle said earlier, I've been a fan as well, but the bloke is having an absolute mare today.  His kicking is all over the shop and he looks so slow.  I'm not one to write players off quickly, but this has been happening all season.  It doesn't bode well for him.

He's better than what he's producing which begs the question, is there something wrong? 

I'm yet to see why the coaching department rate Wagner so highly to bring him rapidly, for me he doesn't offer a whole lot. But he is young so perhaps they're figuring his replacement would be older and not give a lot more. 

Stretch and ANB would have cause to feel a little annoyed, there seem to be a few in there who've replaced them that aren't offering a lot. 

I know injuries are a lame excuse but to be down by 10pts at quarter time with no recognised ruckman to arguably the best team in the comp is a good indication of how well we should be able to compete when we have one of Gawn and Spencer available again. Those two injuries could be the key to our frustration/pain for the year. 

2 minutes ago, faultydet said:

Hope you're not around when I pop the genie cork! I'll take Gawn thanks.

3 minutes ago, ding said:

Have to agree here, even if I do think that Ding is a mental case sometimes.

Ding, Ding, Ding. You are like me, and would have tipped a 60+ point loss. It may still happen, but SURELY you cannot doubt the effort tonight?