Changes v Essendon (Round 6)

gregdemon

1 minute ago, Nasher said:

Agree. TMac to the ruck looking more solid now. Going to need both Pedersen and Watts forward as much as possible. 

Would also consider Weideman if he's fit.

We are not that hard up Nasher.

1 minute ago, Clint Bizkit said:

Out: Spencer (inj), Smith (inj), Melksham, Hogan

In: Pedersen, Weideman, Bugg, Lewis

You are jesting CB?

You and I have more influence from the other side of the fence.

10 minutes ago, Clint Bizkit said:

Who else will play at full forward with Smith injured, Hogan not playing and Watts most likely having to play a lot in the ruck?

Keilty At least he will keep a defender busy worrying about what he might do. They know the Weid wont hurt them.

do we simply have to lower the heightboard a tad here and go with an overall smaller but 'quicker' forward line

Bring Kent in.

We have to get inventive now

• Like 1

As any team prepares to do battle they invariably study the opposition and consider likely scenarios or who plays...and where. They'll then consider various setups to counter.  Indeed often the training prior to a particular game may emphasise certain  'plays' etc . This or that player is poorer left or right...Counter theyre preference to run here or there..watch for these guys linking  etc etc on and on..

An old ploy and one thats now thrust upon us is to possibly field line ups etc which they simply wont be looking for. It doesnt necessarily mean  you gain much but it might create ( for a while ) some mismatches. Yes some is given away at team announcements, but now that we're dropping like flies Id like to see us throw a little caution to the wind and be daring.

• Like 1

In: Pedersen, Lewis, Bugg, Weideman

Out: Smith, Spencer, Hogan, JKH

Bugg rewarded for form and takes the spot of Kennedy-Harris, while Kent was apparently quiet at Casey and doesn't get rewarded for being quiet in the VFL.

They could bring in Oscar instead of Weideman and switch Tom to the forward-line.

Have the athletic Frost take Daniher (when he goes forward), who has always torn Tom a new one.

They just have to get creative, lower the eyes, spread the forward-line and pick out holes.  If we can win the midfield battle we can still win this game.

In reality, I have no idea how selections will go this week.

• Like 7

Sometimes you have to put the hard word on people to perform to their ability...not always simply about reward.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ProDee said:

I've a sneaking suspicion even the club does't right now !!

• Like 1

This is one week I truly have no idea how the selections will go. I don't think they will make any further changes beyond the forced changes as they could be as many as 4. Smith & Spencer are certainly out, Petracca will be touch and go, and I would expect Jesse to have the week off to be with family. 

With what has happened with Jesse, Pederson has to be a certainty to come in with Spencer out as well. 

It's going to be interesting selection.  Hogan out brings Keilty or Weed into the frame.

It would be good to hear from track watchers who is training in the ruck.

Lewis has to come in and I expect that both Hibberd and Melksham will play against their old club.

With 3 talls forced out I'd like to see 3 talls come in, especially when whoever rucks will play less game-time than Gawn or Spencer would have.

If TMac or Frost are to ruck then I think Omac comes in.

We could go with a Watts, Pedersen, Keilty combo and leave the backline intact.

Edited by Fifty-5

15 minutes ago, ProDee said:

In: Pedersen, Lewis, Bugg, Weideman

Out: Smith, Spencer, Hogan, JKH

Bugg rewarded for form and takes the spot of Kennedy-Harris, while Kent was apparently quiet at Casey and doesn't get rewarded for being quiet in the VFL.

They could bring in Oscar instead of Weideman and switch Tom to the forward-line.

Have the athletic Frost take Daniher (when he goes forward), who has always torn Tom a new one.

They just have to get creative, lower the eyes, spread the forward-line and pick out holes.  If we can win the midfield battle we can still win this game.

Like your ins but suspect that JKH will be retained. Despite his form at Casey, Kent is tougher and more dangerous than JKH.  See that Weideman replaces Hogan providing height up forward. 

There is no way Kent will come in. Plapp's report might as well have said "he stunk". For whatever reason he is off the boil at the moment. I'd forget about him for the time being.

Kent is capable of tearing a VFL game apart. I'd expect the Plapp reports to at least indicated he did most things right before seeing him picked.

Now that now I've been so confident about it, no doubt it'll be in: Kent, because as others have said I actually have NFI.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Nasher said:

There is no way Kent will come in. Plapp's report might as well have said "he stunk". For whatever reason he is off the boil at the moment. I'd forget about him for the time being.

Kent is capable of tearing a VFL game apart. I'd expect the Plapp reports to at least indicated he did most things right before seeing him picked.

Now that now I've been so confident about it, no doubt it'll be in: Kent, because as others have said I actually have NFI.

You are not alone Nasher and at the end of the day we are all just giving opinions Which is actually what a fan sight is for I think?.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TRIGON said:

Would not surprise me if Hannan gets called up on the basis of our need for fresh legs and pace.

Would prefer him to the Weid we know he can do the occasional good thing.