MATCH PREVIEW AND TEAM SELECTION - Round 20

Demonland

4 hours ago, Petraccattack said:

All of our young guns together on the park for the first time. Pretty damn exciting.

266BUBH.jpg

Add Salem and that's truly exciting. Only three fringers in that lot and three of them are on the bench and I don't mean Gus.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Had a look at the team that fronted the Hawks in rnd 11:

• In we have Stretch, Brayshaw, Weideman. (Out Trengove, Dawes, Wagner). 
  • Hunt, Petracca and Oliver had only played a handful of games - now more adjusted to AFL footy

They are significant improvements on last time we played Hawks.

I like that we have some have some 'fresh' players as Vand, Oliver, Bugg and Weideman didn't go to Perth 2 weeks ago. 

An upset is on the cards!

A complete comparison with the very wet Round 11 perhaps should compare the conditions. Unfortunately Saturday has little chance of rain, and after a Friday with even less chance.

On the other hand, I'm loving us best this year when we're taking the risks and moving it fast. Bring that game to the 'G this week, boys!

p.s. Comments on Frawley 'monstering' Weideman: did/does Frawley ever monster anyone?

• Like 1

I would have had ANB in over Bugg and M. Jones over Harmes. I like the idea of Pedo covering for Hogan.

Looking at the rest of the team, it really does look like a team for the future. Need to find a place for Salem.

2 hours ago, Undeeterred said:

Yep. Tom McDonald doing a fantastic job with this and those immensely frustrating goals where there were 2-3 free players over the back have basically dried up.

It might be down to the backs gelling more, but I'd argue it's the pace of Sam Frost and Jayden Hunt. We close down space quicker with these guys in the team. 

1 hour ago, jnrmac said:

Harmes probablyother stay in because of his courageous mark. Have to reward that commitment.

1 hour ago, titan_uranus said:

M Jones' elite running puts him above Harmes for mine.

M Jones gets to more contests and provides outside run. Harmes doesn't. They both turn it over. So M Jones does more, IMO.

Harmes to me is more of an inside player than Matty.  disposal a bit dirty/ugly at times but can be effective with some clearances. Matty def a better receiver/runner on the outside. Would need to review recent matches to see if Matty is hitting targets inside and pulling trigger a fair bit instead of taking safer up line or lateral/backward options too often. My hazey recollection is that Matty Also tends to panick dispose of ball at times with occasional hospital handballs that probably count as effective but place his mates under huge pressure where they get immediataly tackled.

Along with that corageous mark, Harmes also won the contested footy at 50 in the last quarter and handed off to Hunt for the kick to Watts for the winning goal. Also cost us a goal earlier in the match with an insane lateral 'squeeze' kick straight to a Sons player inside 50 . Could argue the other clearance chain he was involved in for the Watts goal was the square off.

Harmes also bangs in pretty hard at times which Roosy probably likes.  Harmes is no lock in vs Matty though and wouod need to keep improving to maintain his place.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wiseblood said:

I wait in earnest to hear more of your views about the footy club, barney. You are such a positive soul. 

troll

5 hours ago, Rusty Nails said:

Harmes to me is more of an inside player than Matty.  disposal a bit dirty/ugly at times but can be effective with some clearances. Matty def a better receiver/runner on the outside. Would need to review recent matches to see if Matty is hitting targets inside and pulling trigger a fair bit instead of taking safer up line or lateral/backward options too often. My hazey recollection is that Matty Also tends to panick dispose of ball at times with occasional hospital handballs that probably count as effective but place his mates under huge pressure where they get immediataly tackled.

Along with that corageous mark, Harmes also won the contested footy at 50 in the last quarter and handed off to Hunt for the kick to Watts for the winning goal. Also cost us a goal earlier in the match with an insane lateral 'squeeze' kick straight to a Sons player inside 50 . Could argue the other clearance chain he was involved in for the Watts goal was the square off.

Harmes also bangs in pretty hard at times which Roosy probably likes.  Harmes is no lock in vs Matty though and wouod need to keep improving to maintain his place.

I don't like Harmes so much in the back half though, he looks a little like a fish out of water there and I think I've seen him cough it up way too many times (not that that would make him different from a few others down there though).  Perhaps it's a development thing, where the coaches are prepared to cop some of the turn overs in the interim in order to add versatility to his and the teams game for the future?

10 hours ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

dee-luded is a very odd cat!  Not sure you want to get to know him too well:o

Currently in the slammer - has now been there for at least 4 months...don't know when Nasher will let him out.

A ridiculously overblown penalty if ever there was one.

One thing I've noticed this year: every time we've been rank outsiders, opposition team fans on BigFooty have called their game against Melbourne a "danger" game. Sydney, Adelaide, WC, Hawks (x2). We got close the first time. We can beat them.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CHF said:

I would have had ANB in over Bugg and M. Jones over Harmes. I like the idea of Pedo covering for Hogan.

Looking at the rest of the team, it really does look like a team for the future. Need to find a place for Salem.

And Melksham 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Demon Disciple said:

hyphen BBO, hyphen.

'dee-luded' is still here.

Disagree.

I had Dee-Luded on my ignore list, and this new character shows as the same, even though I have not seen the name before.

It's the same person.

Just now, Nasher said:

What do you mean "shows the same"?

It says "you have chosen to ignore"....blah blah, and I've never seen that poster name before.

Makes sense that's its the same person, with a slight name change? 

Just now, faultydet said:

It says "you have chosen to ignore"....blah blah, and I've never seen that poster name before.

Makes sense that's its the same person, with a slight name change? 

It's a brand new account, the software has no way of 'transferring' a block from one to another.  Are you sure you didn't just load the old dee-luded's profile?

1 minute ago, faultydet said:

You've chosen to ignore content by Deeluded. Options 

I didnt block someone I didnt know existed.

I'm confused now Nash......

*shrug* dunno then.  The software definitely can't transfer blocks, that I do know, so unless you inadvertently blocked him some time in the past, thinking he was the original 'luded'? You can always just unblock him - I'm very confident it's not the same person anyhow.

1 minute ago, Nasher said:

*shrug* dunno then.  The software definitely can't transfer blocks, that I do know, so unless you inadvertently blocked him some time in the past, thinking he was the original 'luded'? You can always just unblock him - I'm very confident it's not the same person anyhow.

didn't you say it's a brand new account?

If it's an old account, it's possible I blocked it, but if it's new as you say, then nope. I haven't blocked anyone for a while.

Edited by faultydet

Just now, Nasher said:

As opposed to a rebadge of the old account.  The account is a few months old.

hmm, possible then, if it's old enough. 

Thanks.

56 minutes ago, Deemented Are Go! said:

And Melksham 

More i look at that team the more i think his spot will should be Casey... I suspect they would have Salem and Melksham in for Bugg and Harmes if they wanted their best 22 of next year out there. Personally I love what Harmes brings but Melksham prob gets a gig just for seniority. If Hibbard comes who comes out then?

13 hours ago, Satyriconhome said:

Please please please

Three identical words and, yet, it needed to be edited. I am so curious as to what was edited here. Addition of the third 'please'? Deletion of a fourth 'please'? Or perhaps deletion of a "pretty" before the last 'please'? How can people be wondering about the relative qualities of Matt Jones versus Harmes and not be querying this post?

1 hour ago, praha said:

One thing I've noticed this year: every time we've been rank outsiders, opposition team fans on BigFooty have called their game against Melbourne a "danger" game. Sydney, Adelaide, WC, Hawks (x2). We got close the first time. We can beat them.

Sadly praha it will be in 2017.

Three time premier aiming for four in a row will be too good for our team of boys this year.

Hawks by 5+ goals

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ArtificialWisdom said:

More i look at that team the more i think his spot will should be Casey... I suspect they would have Salem and Melksham in for Bugg and Harmes if they wanted their best 22 of next year out there. Personally I love what Harmes brings but Melksham prob gets a gig just for seniority. If Hibbard comes who comes out then?

Injuries will fix your problem AW.

We have actually had a good run this year.

Edited by old dee