• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

My 3 word player analysis V Gold Coast

joeboy

44 minutes ago, dee-tox said:

The ball drop and the subsequent trajectory of his kicks is all wrong.

At AFL if you can't bullet a pass accurately either foot from 20 metres you shouldn't be playing.

In which case Viney, Tyson and Kent shouldn't be playing. (At least Tyson tried kicking on his right. Viney and Kent kept getting caught trying to get on to their preferred side.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dee-tox said:

At AFL if you can't bullet a pass accurately either foot from 20 metres you shouldn't be playing.

and that was his problem. he needs to stop trying to "bullet" the ball and try a softer option at this stage in his development

2 hours ago, dee-tox said:

I tend to agree except you would then remove about 50% of AFL footballers. So many one sided footballers ...still....

2 hours ago, nutbean said:

I tend to agree except you would then remove about 50% of AFL footballers. So many one sided footballers ...still....

It drives me friggin insane that professional footballers can't kick both sides. Yesterday there were a number examples on both sides of the impact of one sided players. One was bizarre - two in fact.

Tyson used his right foot running off the half back line and missed his target with 20 metre kick. What was bizarre was it didn't appear like he had to use his right foot. He could have done the same kick left footed or even better go long to the half forward line as the short kick was to congestion.

The other one was Grant from GC. Running at goal he tried to kick a banana goal instead of using his left foot. What was bizzare was it went out of bounds and they called deliberate! ridiculous,

Special mention to Hogan and Kent.

I found it a very frustrating game, our turn overs were so damn wasteful, when you mark on the 50m mark why would you kick back wards or side wards?? Probably Bernie's worst game of his entire career, glad that he got that out of his system!! on a brighter note we Won, Jack Watts was fantastic and we held them scoreless for the last 9 minutes of the game if only just. We would have lost this game last year!! - GO DEE's

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dee-tox said:

How old is Harmes? A kid in football terms.

there are countless examples of players improving their kicking. Last year Viney could barely kick 40m. This year he's kicking it much further, eg the set [censored] from outside 50 v St K at Etihad. 

Be patient with Harmes, and vent your spleen with Bernie Vince

22 minutes ago, binman said:

It drives me friggin insane that professional footballers can't kick both sides. Yesterday there were a number examples on both sides of the impact of one sided players. One was bizarre - two in fact.

Tyson used his right foot running off the half back line and missed his target with 20 metre kick. What was bizarre was it didn't appear like he had to use his right foot. He could have done the same kick left footed or even better go long to the half forward line as the short kick was to congestion.

The other one was Grant from GC. Running at goal he tried to kick a banana goal instead of using his left foot. What was bizzare was it went out of bounds and they called deliberate! ridiculous,

Special mention to Hogan and Kent.

Binnie, that was the worst deliberate OOB decision that I have seen. No team mates in front of him only a few defenders, takes a pot shot at goal from outside 50 from memory, shanks it, it rolls OOB near the point post and given deliberate??? If it had taken a right turn instead of a left turn when it bounced it could have been a goal. Unfarkinbelievable!

The match seemed to be a contest between the 2 sides and the umpires as to who could do the biggest howler. I am still shaking my head. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ManDee said:

Binnie, that was the worst deliberate OOB decision that I have seen. No team mates in front of him only a few defenders, takes a pot shot at goal from outside 50 from memory, shanks it, it rolls OOB near the point post and given deliberate??? If it had taken a right turn instead of a left turn when it bounced it could have been a goal. Unfarkinbelievable!

The match seemed to be a contest between the 2 sides and the umpires as to who could do the biggest howler. I am still shaking my head. 

I think the players had the umpires covered. If the contest had been decided by who had the most howlers, the players coasted to victory.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

I think the players had the umpires covered. If the contest had been decided by who had the most howlers, the players coasted to victory.

Yep. An extraordinary number of mistakes. Neither side really took full toll of the other team's errors though. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ManDee said:

That was unbelievable decision - I yelled from my  seat "DELIBBERRATEEE" when he kicked it and when it was paid I sheepishly said "really ?"

I am hating this new interpretation - it is now not only penalising skill errors but players are also not only being pinged for deliberately putting it out  - but not trying hard enough to keep it in. 

11 hours ago, nutbean said:

So Tyson got votes On SEN, The Age, The HS and was named in the 3 best on the AFL.

So I will ask - did you watch the game ?

It is not that I disagree that Tyson's disposal can improve but I would suggest that for some reason your dislike of Tyson blinds you to what he brings to the side.

If Tyson was Usain Bolt, after winning the 100 metres at the Olympics you would comment that he "chews with his mouth open". 

I'd go as far as to say that I think Tyson is one of the most overrated footballers I've seen at the club, and I don't care less about votes given by media journalists.. I've been watching AFL or playing at a high standard of football for nearly 48 years , so I think my observations are more valid than most , and at the end of the day they're MY opinions... if you disagree so vehemently then start your own thread, after all you seem to enjoy seeing your own name in lights so often

1 hour ago, Scythe said:

Oh look, Tyson polled another eight coaches votes: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-08-01/aflca-votes-round-19

But you know, "continually butchered disposals". What would Roos and Eade know?

This reflects more on the fact that there were no obvious worthy players, other than Watts.

i don't suppose you're amongst that special group of Demonlanders who never question Roos' game day decisions????? He's ALWAYS right!!!!

Edited by joeboy

4 minutes ago, joeboy said:

This reflects more on the fact that there were no obvious worthy players, other than Watts.

theres much in what you say 

34 minutes ago, joeboy said:

i don't suppose you're amongst that special group of Demonlanders who never question Roos' game day decisions????? He's ALWAYS right!!!!

Paul Roos (twice), Rodney Eade and Adam Simpson have all given Tyson votes in the past two games. He had the most of any player vs West Coast and equal most again against the Suns. That means all of them agreed he was in the best 3 players on the ground, both weeks. You know you're spinning in the mud when multiple, experienced coaches disagree with you. I'm sure they've all played at a higher level than you, making their opinion 'more valid', as you put it, than yours.

Edited by Sylvia Saint

4 minutes ago, Sylvia Saint said:

Paul Roos (twice), Rodney Eade and Adam Simpson have all given Tyson votes in the past two games. He had the most of any player vs West Coast and equal most again against the Suns. That means all of them agreed he was in the best 3 players on the ground, both weeks. You know you're spinning in the mud when multiple, experienced coaches disagree with you. I'm sure they've all played at a higher level than you, making their opinion 'more valid', as you put it, than yours.

Frankly I don't give a damn!

The fact that Lynch was given equal top votes completely validates my argument that the coaches were struggling to find worthy players

Edited by joeboy

15 hours ago, nutbean said:

Petracca - was a pretty good 14 disposal game. The dawes and Kent passes ( besides bruising teamates because of how hard and fast they travelled) were sublime. I am salavating at the thought of another preseason and him getting 25 plus disposals a game.

Exactly my thoughts.  Those glimpses we are getting of him now are amazing, but we need him to double his disposal tally.  When he does that he's going to tear the opposition apart. 

3 hours ago, RalphiusMaximus said:

Exactly my thoughts.  Those glimpses we are getting of him now are amazing, but we need him to double his disposal tally.  When he does that he's going to tear the opposition apart. 

This was the tragedy of his pre-season foot injury. The crucial 6 weeks of conditioning that he lost would have allowed him more midfield time, and made his first AFL season sensational instead of merely promising.

10 hours ago, joeboy said:

I'd go as far as to say that I think Tyson is one of the most overrated footballers I've seen at the club, and I don't care less about votes given by media journalists.. I've been watching AFL or playing at a high standard of football for nearly 48 years , so I think my observations are more valid than most , and at the end of the day they're MY opinions... if you disagree so vehemently then start your own thread, after all you seem to enjoy seeing your own name in lights so often

keep fighting the fight....

You really could have stopped after your line "I'd go as far as to say that I think Tyson is one of the most overrated footballers I've seen at the club".

One commentator says Tyson was in top three players on the ground then dismiss it. If a few commentators say that Tyson was in the top 3 players on the ground then maybe re-evaluate your thoughts. If every commentator had Tyson in the votes including both coaches maybe you should have another look at the replay, park the preordained " most overrated player Ive seen at the club" and just say maybe you got it wrong.

I quite like your 3 word analysis - you get most of them pretty spot on every week  - and yes it is opinion but unfortunately when it comes to your thoughts on Tyson  - "butchers opinion regularly"   

1 hour ago, joeboy said:

Thank you for your condescending ' I quite like your 3 word analysis'.. I value your opinion highly

I really enjoy your thread every week Joe.

However ignore those that disagree.

I have always seen your comments as your thoughts, 90% of the time I agree.

After all everything on Demonland is opinion.

Please never stop.

• Like 1