The Day of the Demon is coming says Warren Tredrea

dazzledavey36

1 hour ago, old dee said:

Things have changed it is like the Rams mate they are headed back to LA.

Cheer up!

My wife did just give me 5 pairs of LA Rams socks so my feet are up to date...

Maybe its a sign...

Or its the humidity getting to me...

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

This is an interesting stat form the article:  What makes Melbourne’s scoring even more impressive is their spread of goalkickers — they currently rank No. 1 the AFL with an average of nine individual contributors a game.

If I recall correctly we are in the top 5 for scores kicked this year.

Not bad for a team that in the last few years struggled to kick more than 60-70pts and regularly thrashed by 10 goals!!

We are ranked 3rd for scoring! Incredible really from where we`ve been!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ArtificialWisdom said:

A daily listener? no I'm not, but I listen frequent-ish. I will admit occasionaly he says stuff i agree with and he is not dumb by any means but i find most of his opinions just a bit too outdated, for me. But part of the reason I listen to him is because I disagree. I like to know both sides. He sparks interesting conversation and topics. I just rarely side with him. This case? god I hope he's right!!

Note on the rotations: Correlation does not equal Causation. (some other fun correlations: http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations) While it may be true there is no guarantee the rotations is the only or even the main reason for the improvements. Deliberate out of bounds I think has had a huge influence, players activly keeping it in. The protected area has made ball movement easier with so much more space. Not to mention every single club is trying to increase their ball movement speed which will increase scores as well. 

Perhaps it is because we are a similar age AW.

I like the guy.

6 hours ago, Whispering_Jack said:

I think I've heard this story before.

Wasn't our day supposed to be coming about five years ago after we snapped up all those early draft picks around 2008/9?

I've definitely heard it before at least once.

As far as I'm concerned we'll remain irrelevant until we are a consistent team and we're knocking off the big boys in contention.

We're on our way up, but it's far from the Day of The Demon if you ask me.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Gorgoroth said:

My wife did just give me 5 pairs of LA Rams socks so my feet are up to date...

Maybe its a sign...

Or its the humidity getting to me...

That will not be a problem in LA Gorgoroth over a long time I have never visited  many times and never experience  more than 30%.

Perhaps you ship might come in for both in the one season?

20 minutes ago, old dee said:

That will not be a problem in LA Gorgoroth over a long time I have never visited  many times and never experience  more than 30%.

Perhaps you ship might come in for both in the one season?

To be honest i didnt like LA too much when i was there.

8 minutes ago, old dee said:

Don't this is the real thing

5 minutes ago, Django said:

old dee, I could never have imagined this kind of optimism from you!

It's quite a crazy change in personality from the perennial Eeyore! Glad to see you're seeing a glass half-full these days od.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Django said:

old dee, I could never have imagined this kind of optimism from you!

I have said this before but over the last decade it was obvious that our list was VFL standard.

I keep saying and I knew we were going nowhere fast until we made substantial changes to the list.

Now people saw that as negative i saw it as reality.

Substantial change has   happened and while we still have holes we now have a list that is AFL standard.

My feeling is we are currently a mid ladder team.

We have a list that is  capable most weeks of taking the fight to the opposition. 

Now that is a hell of improvement on 2012.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Clint Bizkit said:

A few days before Melbourne plays Port Adelaide.

Convenient.

If the Treadrea article affects the outcome, then we don't deserve to win.  We will win or lose on merit.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Petraccattack said:

LOL

There are more touches of Geelong about the young Demons. The frenetic movement of the ball. A collection of medium-sized forwards who will lead back to goal, while a key target, in this case Matthew Bate, plays the hit-up centre half-forward role, leading hard and straight up the ground.

Ricky Petterd and Colin Sylvia play roles similar to the Cats' Paul Chapman and Steve Johnson, better overhead than their size would indicate but just as capable at ground level, while Brad Green, much like Jimmy Bartel, can pick up a swag of possessions midfield then creep forward to provide another dangerous goalkicking target.

Melbourne's defence, while having looked the most promising part of its rebuilding, took another huge step forward on Saturday night via James Frawley and Matthew Warnock's efforts on Jonathan Brown and Brendan Fevola, respectively. Like Geelong's key defenders, Frawley is mobile and smart enough to pick up his own touches, too, while the incredibly composed Jack Grimes and valuable pick-up Joel Macdonald perform the defensive playmaking parts the Cats assign to Andrew Mackie and Corey Enright.

Aaron Davey is Melbourne's linkman as Gary Ablett is to the Cats, his pace and beautiful disposal turning defence into attack in the blink of an eye, the Demons' leg speed generally allowing plenty of overlap coming through the centre square.

Wowee..

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, old dee said:

Don't this is the real thing

Attaboy OD. I'm with you! My faith is becoming far less blind. In fact...

I can see clearly now, the rain is gone, 
I can see all obstacles in my way
Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind
It's gonna be a bright (bright), bright (bright)
Sun-Shiny day.

I think I can make it now, the pain is gone
All of the bad feelings have disappeared
Here is the rainbow I've been praying' for
It's gonna be a bright (bright), bright (bright)
Sun-Shiny day.

Look all around, there's nothing' but blue skies
Look straight ahead, nothing' but blue skies

Go Dees!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It's quite a crazy change in personality from the perennial Eeyore! Glad to see you're seeing a glass half-full these days od.

He's finally lost it.

40 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Gonzo the glass was empty. It was never a case of half anything.

I am always surprised so few could see this.

Edited by old dee
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, old dee said:

Gonzo the glass was empty

not even sure there was a glass :unsure:

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

I sometimes wonder whether one of the KPIs used to measure Paul Roos' performance is the degree of optimism espoused by Old Dee.  

Funny you should say that LDC I was in a group of three that were at training early this year he came up and asked how  we were. One guy said good we have a better list now. I said that does not say a lot but I agree.

His reply You have that right.

So perhaps we are channelling!

• Like 1