Jump to content

The Jesse Hogan Panic Room - all contract talk here


Grapeviney

Recommended Posts

57 minutes ago, Wolfmother said:

We gave up pick 3 and 14 just to acquire the mini draft pick to get hogan. 

 

After four years development, I wouldn't think his worth(in picks) had decreased

Oh gees pick 3 and 14 to get the mini draft pick.  When you look at it like that I dont know how we can even get close to fair compensation.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wolfmother said:

We gave up pick 3 and 14 just to acquire the mini draft pick to get hogan. 

After four years development, I wouldn't think his worth(in picks) had decreased

Absolutely. Freo need to hand over 3 + a big name such as Fyfe, but cant see that happening, or 3 + next year's first round pick. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Shuey, Gaff and 12 or 3, Fyfe or Neale.

anything less and I guess Hogan is playing at Casey for a year or sitting it our for a year. 

I truly think he is gone, thought that for a while, it is crud, but nothing to get upset over, I'll be more upset if the club caves and doesn't get a fair trade for him, and by fair I mean fair for us, not Higan and the club he goes to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As a number have said it is an incredibly painful time for someone to go through, being early 20's and watching your dad battle and then slowly succumb to cancer is horrible. Watching your first hero fade away is tough bananas.

Everything else slips to a peripheral concern that just takes time from being with your family. Think need give it a little time before talking him leaving etc.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jesse will make the best decision for himself, if that's signing on long term and being part of a Demon Dynasty, awesome

if it's heading home that's fine to although i'd prefer we bit the bullet now and got a trade done

if he goes

WCE: Jesse Hogan - Luke Shuey and pick 12

FRE: Jesse Hogan  - Pick 3, (they can find another top 10 pick) and one of Weller, Blakely or Tucker 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Love the way this story has been played out on the drip, as though it was ever conceivable that Jesse would remain in the red and the blue. Jesse will  be a good player, but perhaps the once-in-a-generation stuff has been been overdone. His half-in half-out attitude probably was detrimental to our performances this year, no doubt it made our forward line one-dimensional.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, bush demon said:

Love the way this story has been played out on the drip, as though it was ever conceivable that Jesse would remain in the red and the blue. Jesse will  be a good player, but perhaps the once-in-a-generation stuff has been been overdone. His half-in half-out attitude probably was detrimental to our performances this year, no doubt it made our forward line one-dimensional.

Completely agree. I can only recall one game where he had significant impact on our fortunes this season. That was round 1 against GWS in the last quarter. Even then, his mini explosion was a lucky start with a 50/50 free in the goal square where he was playing for a free instead of shepherding the ball through the goal line. He has the abilty to live up to his potential but he won't do it for us. 

Edited by america de cali
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bombay Airconditioning said:

Won't happen but....

Fyfe to GCS for Ablett jnr's money 1.5 x 5 years

2 Metre Peter to the Dees 

Hogan to the Dockers

 

I'd do that deal. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Moonshadow said:

Absolutely. Freo need to hand over 3 + a big name such as Fyfe, but cant see that happening, or 3 + next year's first round pick. 

I know Hogan is a gun but you are kidding yourself if you think we will get pick 3 and Fyfe.  Fyfe is the best player in the comp. If there is a straight swap, we would have won this deal. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Schwarz: If Hogan left it wouldn’t be catastrophic:

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2016/09/18/schwarz-if-hogan-left-it-wouldn-t-be-catastrophic/

Not saying anything new with the headline, BUT he does paint a picture that makes it seem like Hogan is not a goner like some are suggesting, and whatever you think of the Ox's opinions, his intel is usually spot on.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, bush demon said:

Love the way this story has been played out on the drip, as though it was ever conceivable that Jesse would remain in the red and the blue. Jesse will  be a good player, but perhaps the once-in-a-generation stuff has been been overdone. His half-in half-out attitude probably was detrimental to our performances this year, no doubt it made our forward line one-dimensional.

Or maybe that's due to the fact that everyone in our midfield instantly looked for him the moment the ball went forward of centre?  Or the fact that after such a good season in 2015 that the opposition put far more time in to stopping him?

You guys are laughable.  Just have a listen to yourselves talking him down to help soften the blow of him leaving.  Name the forwards in the last 20 years who have kicked over 80 goals in their first two seasons?  I'll be waiting for an answer.

When we work things out in the middle and up forward he will monster teams.  His body work is sublime, his hands are sensational and when he learns to kick for goal with some consistency then he'll get reward for his efforts.  Let's not forget that in the second half of the season his kicking went AWOL - he could easily have kicked 60 goals for the year.  The kicking is something he seriously needs to sort out, but when he does every backman in the competition will dread playing on him.

We all better hope that he makes the decision to stay long term, as we won't be as good without him there.  We will be relying on Weideman to come on quickly, as clubs will put their key backs on Watts and then who else do we have?  Pedersen?  Dawes?  Where will all the goals come from? 

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, FlashInThePan said:

There was a lot of interesting shenanigans in that draft. We traded pick 3 and downgraded 13 to 20 for Hogan and Dom Barry. Magically GWS didn't bid on Viney and we got him for 26 as I recall.

That's right. I remember a guy I knew at the time who is involved at TAC cup level telling me before the draft Viney was a potential top three pick. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

If you re-do the draft now base on form then Viney would be top 3 for sure.

Yup, i reckon your top three would be Stringer, Viney and Wines

Link to comment
Share on other sites


If Lycett hadn't done his knee, he could have been included in the deal and I rate him as a RF. We won't take a punt on him unless he's thrown in as steak knifes.

IF hogan does choose to move home, I can see:

Freo 2016 and Freo 2017 first round for Hogan and our 2nd rounder in 2017.

We would then ontrade 2017 pick for someone like Patton? Redpath + sweatner? 

Edited by GawnWithTheWind
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Flamingdees said:

That's right. I remember a guy I knew at the time who is involved at TAC cup level telling me before the draft Viney was a potential top three pick. 

Port did bid on Viney at 7, not that different.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

Or maybe that's due to the fact that everyone in our midfield instantly looked for him the moment the ball went forward of centre?  Or the fact that after such a good season in 2015 that the opposition put far more time in to stopping him?

You guys are laughable.  Just have a listen to yourselves talking him down to help soften the blow of him leaving.  Name the forwards in the last 20 years who have kicked over 80 goals in their first two seasons?  I'll be waiting for an answer.

When we work things out in the middle and up forward he will monster teams.  His body work is sublime, his hands are sensational and when he learns to kick for goal with some consistency then he'll get reward for his efforts.  Let's not forget that in the second half of the season his kicking went AWOL - he could easily have kicked 60 goals for the year.  The kicking is something he seriously needs to sort out, but when he does every backman in the competition will dread playing on him.

We all better hope that he makes the decision to stay long term, as we won't be as good without him there.  We will be relying on Weideman to come on quickly, as clubs will put their key backs on Watts and then who else do we have?  Pedersen?  Dawes?  Where will all the goals come from? 

Well the goals came and never so easily when he missed a couple of games. I question the value of Prima Donna forwards that tend to dominate forward lines and muck up team balance especially with weaker clubs. Only 3 flags have been won since 1990 in hand with the Coleman medalist playing. And Crows won in 1997 with Coleman winner Modra out injured. It is arguable they would have lost with a Modra centric forward line. The list of high maintenance forwards with stacks of goals and no flags is very long.

Edited by america de cali
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    THE BLOW by Whispering Jack

    Narrm’s finals prospects took a crushing blow after the team’s insipid performance at Optus Stadium against a confident Waaljit Marawar in the first of its Doug Nicholls Round outings for 2024.  I use the description “crushing blow” advisedly because, although the season is not yet at it’s halfway mark, the Demons have now failed abysmally in two of their games against teams currently occupying bottom eight places on the ladder.  The manner in which these losing games were played out w

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 6

    HALF FULL by KC from Casey

    It was a case of the Casey Demons going into a game with a glass half full in their match up against the Brisbane Lions at Casey Fields on Saturday. As the list of injured and unavailable AFL and VFL listed players continues to grow and with Melbourne taking all three emergencies to Perth for the weekend on a “just in case” basis, its little brother was always destined to struggle. Casey was left with only eight AFL listed players from who to select their team but only two - an out-of-form

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    PREGAME: Rd 11 vs St. Kilda

    The Demons return to the MCG to take on the Saints in Round 11 on the back of two straight losses in a row. With Jake Lever out with concussion who comes in and who goes out?

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 228

    PODCAST: Rd 10 vs West Coast

    The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Monday, 20th May @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we dissect the Demons disaapoiting performance against the Eagles at Optus Stadium in Round 10. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 43

    VOTES: Rd 10 vs West Coast

    Last week Captain Max Gawn consolidated his lead over reigning champion Christian Petracca in the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Steven May, Alex Neal-Bullen & Jake Lever make up the Top 5. Your votes for the loss against the Blues. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 37

    POSTGAME: Rd 10 vs West Coast

    Many warned that this was a danger game and the Demons were totally outclassed all game by a young Eagles team at Optus Stadium in Perth as they were defeated by 35 points.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 445

    GAMEDAY: Rd 10 vs West Coast

    It's Game Day and the Demons have returned to the site of their drought breaking Premiership to take on the West Coast Eagles in what could very well be a danger game for Narrm at Optus Stadium. A win and a percentage boost will keep the Dees in top four contention whilst a loss will cast doubt on the Dees flag credentials and bring them back to the pack fighting for a spot in the 8 as we fast approach the halfway point of the season.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 884

    WARNING by William from Waalitj

    As a long term resident of Waalitj Marawar, I am moved to warn my fellow Narrm fans that a  danger game awaits. The locals are no longer the easybeats who stumbled, fumbled and bumbled their way to the good fortune of gathering the number one draft pick and a generational player in Harley Reid last year. They are definitely better than they were then.   Young Harley has already proven his worth with some stellar performances for a first year kid playing among men. He’s taken hangers, k

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews 22

    OVER YET? by KC from Casey

    The Friday evening rush hour clash of two of the VFL’s 2024 minnows, Carlton and the Casey Demons was excruciatingly painful to watch, even if it was for the most part a close encounter. I suppose that since the game had to produce a result (a tie would have done the game some justice), the four points that went to Casey with the win, were fully justified because they went to the best team. In that respect, my opinion is based on the fact that the Blues were a lopsided combination that had

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles
  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

×
×
  • Create New...