Who is likely to move into Goodwin's seat at years end?

SPC98

I have never created a thread, so please delete this if it is already created or not relevant...

Just curious as to the list of assistants that are available at the moment, and who is likely to step in to replace the vacant position of Goodwin, when he moves into the drivers seat.. Thoughts?

• Like 2

I am not convinced about Rawlings, he has been around for a while now and doesn't really seem to be going anywhere, not sure if by choice or talent.

Maybe Ben Mathews, but only because I have noticed a trend when coached have been prompted. Structures: Senior Coach - Senior Assistant Coach - Midfield Coach.

I am clueless though.

Chris Connolly, he took the fall unjustly after the stool pigeon Mclean dobbed him in.

Would bring a lot of experience and his fondness for the club remains unquestioned.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, bluey said:

Chris Connolly, he took the fall unjustly after the stool pigeon Mclean dobbed him in.

Would bring a lot of experience and his fondness for the club remains unquestioned.

Your drunk Bluey go home.

Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Like 10

1 minute ago, bluey said:

What a complete and utter load of rubbish.

Everyone knows we should be bring back Mark Neeld.  In addition, replacing Jason Taylor with Barry Prendergast wouldn't go astray either and what's Tom Gilles doing these days?

• Like 13

26 minutes ago, AzzKikA said:

I am not convinced about Rawlings, he has been around for a while now and doesn't really seem to be going anywhere, not sure if by choice or talent.

Maybe Ben Mathews, but only because I have noticed a trend when coached have been prompted. Structures: Senior Coach - Senior Assistant Coach - Midfield Coach.

I am clueless though.

With respect - we are all clueless when it comes to assistants and your view on Rawlings is apparently not shared by the AFL. See below - not everyone gets a gig in this course and it is by CV and interview so obviously Rawlings is rated.

THE SENIOR coaching prospects of Peter Sumich and Brett Montgomery have been boosted after the pair was accepted into the AFL's coaching accreditation course for 2016. 

After a lengthy interview process, the AFL notified successful applicants on Monday, with assistants Justin Longmuir (West Coast) and Jade Rawlings (Melbourne) rounding out the second intake of the level four program. 

There are now 12 coaches completing the course, which the AFL hopes will eventually become mandatory for those applying for senior positions in the future.

• Like 6

I think the club will be really keen to keep the development structures we have in place, so Macca won't move. 

Rawlings is keen on a senior coaching gig so i doubt it will be him either as he most likely won't be around long term.

I'd think we will look outside and try and bring someone into the club, I think someone like Brett Ratten would be a great get as a senior assistant. 

I would love to see the club approach Jonothan Brown about a coaching role as well, he has a lot of positive things to say about the club and would be great for our developing key forwards.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, bluey said:

Wow....That is good....Left Field.....

33 minutes ago, bluey said:

Apparently he had a bad sense of humour....

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Wow....That is good....Left Field.....

I think you go to left field and then hop in your car and drive for about another 350km's until you get to far left of left field.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Wrecker45 said:

Next few weeks will be telling. Colin Garland is one of the most astute footballers to play for Melbourne in the last 29 years

Expect he would rather coach than play in the 2's.

That's a very specific statement and timeline. What's the evidence? And if he's a better coach prospect than footballer, I'm all for shifting him from the on-field to the off-field role (if that's what he wants).

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Peter Griffen said:

I think the club will be really keen to keep the development structures we have in place, so Macca won't move. 

Rawlings is keen on a senior coaching gig so i doubt it will be him either as he most likely won't be around long term.

I'd think we will look outside and try and bring someone into the club, I think someone like Brett Ratten would be a great get as a senior assistant. 

I would love to see the club approach Jonothan Brown about a coaching role as well, he has a lot of positive things to say about the club and would be great for our developing key forwards.

With his TV, radio, newspaper and sports nights jobs, he would be too busy.

On 5/9/2016 at 3:26 PM, Redleg said:

With his TV, radio, newspaper and sports nights jobs, he would be too busy.

He would be doing bloody well for himself, but wouldn't be the first person to make the switch to full time coaching, i think he'd certainly be worth chatting to 

6 minutes ago, Peter Griffen said:

He would be doing bloody well for himself, but wouldn't be the first person to make the switch to full time coaching, i think he'd certainly be worth chatting to 

If he smart he would sit where he is. Comfy and little criticism.