• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Where does Chris Dawes fit in all this?

dazzledavey36

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 10:01 PM, Coat of Harmes said:

Really? You believe that Dawesy deserves a spot over Frost? For me its a flip of a coin between Dawes and Pederson, but I'd take Frost over him every day. Frost is giving Max a few minutes rest playing ruck, something Dawes can't give us.

Yes.

On Thursday, April 28, 2016 at 6:27 AM, Ungarie boy said:

Tall back - who can bring the ball to the ground, super competitive, and good field  kick who will take the right options.

Certainly can bring the ball to ground

• Like 1

If Dawes plays like he has the last two years then obviously he wont get a game.

I am hoping he will be a better player in a much better team. I watched Frost and he has no clue when to lead or where to lead to.

Hopefully Frost learns how to play forward and meanwhile Dawes can hold CHF.

Edited by Miracle

On ‎29‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 10:01 PM, Coat of Harmes said:

Really? You believe that Dawesy deserves a spot over Frost? For me its a flip of a coin between Dawes and Pederson, but I'd take Frost over him every day. Frost is giving Max a few minutes rest playing ruck, something Dawes can't give us.

Do you actually watch the game. Frost was tried in ruck early and was hopeless. He hasn't rucked for weeks. Its Pedersen that rucks to give Gawn rest.

• Like 4

Dawes has done vey little in the past and considering he gets paid the most I put little faith in him. Frost is a better option due to his youth and can't expect him to be an instant success as a 2nd ruck man based on limited experience. Pedersen is only 193 cm which makes him a midget ruckman.

50 minutes ago, old dee said:

In the outer with us.

Legs are gone.

He still has miraculous  hands Old D.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ENYAW said:

Dawes has done vey little in the past and considering he gets paid the most I put little faith in him. Frost is a better option due to his youth and can't expect him to be an instant success as a 2nd ruck man based on limited experience. Pedersen is only 193 cm which makes him a midget ruckman.

Who cares what he is getting paid? This argument is spurious and annoying. Its well documented that we had to get someone to the club at a time when no-one would copme. We had to pay the salary cap. Its totally irrelevant what he gets paid. get over yourself.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, jnrmac said:

Who cares what he is getting paid? This argument is spurious and annoying. Its well documented that we had to get someone to the club at a time when no-one would copme. We had to pay the salary cap. Its totally irrelevant what he gets paid. get over yourself.

I care Jnr however let's not get bogged down in that.

IMO he reasonable player who's body does not allow him to play at the level required at the top any longer.

all over let's move on.

I find it a little disappointing the negativity and sheep mentality surrounding Dawes. On one hand, Pedersen and Frost and talked up positively, yet Dawes' career is over. This view is often based on some made up facts. It's also without a body of evidence of seeing him play the new 'trying to score' game style we have adopted, and being somewhere near fully fit.

Dawes seems to have never taken a mark in life according to some, and Pedersen is a marking beast like we've never seen before (note: they actually average the same amount of marks over their career). Frost is in no way a forward, yet he's actually been suggested as a better option. The only possible rationale for this is his ability to go into the ruck which, while much better, is in no way something to base your CHF role on.

Dawes' 2015 was poor (had a few mates) but how about we see him play not restricted and in a team where the midfield actually gives their forwards a chance, instead of waiting for a 6 v 2 scenario to kick it like the majority of the last 2 years.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Melb16 said:

I find it a little disappointing the negativity and sheep mentality surrounding Dawes. On one hand, Pedersen and Frost and talked up positively, yet Dawes' career is over. This view is often based on some made up facts. It's also without a body of evidence of seeing him play the new 'trying to score' game style we have adopted, and being somewhere near fully fit.

Dawes seems to have never taken a mark in life according to some, and Pedersen is a marking beast like we've never seen before (note: they actually average the same amount of marks over their career). Frost is in no way a forward, yet he's actually been suggested as a better option. The only possible rationale for this is his ability to go into the ruck which, while much better, is in no way something to base your CHF role on.

Dawes' 2015 was poor (had a few mates) but how about we see him play not restricted and in a team where the midfield actually gives their forwards a chance, instead of waiting for a 6 v 2 scenario to kick it like the majority of the last 2 years.

Agreed.

It's almost as though people are angry at him for not being more talented.  I'll gladly pot a player for not putting in effort, but this has never been a criticism of Dawes.  He is an exemplary trainer, takes younger players under his wing and puts in on match day; it's just that he wasn't as blessed as some on our list with huge talent.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, rjay said:

We haven't had one from him this season 'GM11' and that's part of the problem...

Exactly rjay it is hard to have much influence when you are in the outer with us.

Good luck to him for a long overdue return.  It must be incredibly frustrating for him not quite getting onto the park.

I think we should all sit back and watch how he goes: many, myself included, remain skeptical regarding his body's ability to see out more than a few games, but he does deserve our support while he tries.

Where does he fit in?  At best a competitive CHF who may try a few ruck contests, enabling the likes of Weideman  and Huelett to develop in the seconds without being pressed up too early.   Doing at least a bit - ?10 - 15 minutes - of ruck work would enhance his chances of senior selection.

Good luck Chris. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, GM11 said:

At least with Dawes you get a contest.

Sadly he has now played in less than 30% of the available games since joining the MFC.

Or he has been injured 7+ times out of every 10 games.

• Like 2

It is interesting that guys like Dawes and Trengove are being given a huge long steady process for building up training loads, time in the VFL, and so on. In particular, Trengove dominating the VFL week-in-week out now and still being told 'let us know when you feel ready, and then we'll sort out the lasts steps we need from you'.

Contrast that with some of the 'in hindsight we shouldn't have played him this week' calls already made this year.

I think there's an element of trying to wipe out the 'damaged psyche' of the past. If Trengove and then Dawes come back in the kind of form that they reached at their best, then the applause for the footy department should be the loudest cheering to be heard at the B&F dinner. 

There's zero doubt in my mind that if Dawes was available and in form, he'd be up forward, Pederson would be down back, and Frost would be at Casey. But that's a big double-if.

3 minutes ago, monoccular said:

Good luck to him for a long overdue return.  It must be incredibly frustrating for him not quite getting onto the park.

I think we should all sit back and watch how he goes: many, myself included, remain skeptical regarding his body's ability to see out more than a few games, but he does deserve our support while he tries.

Where does he fit in?  At best a competitive CHF who may try a few ruck contests, enabling the likes of Weideman  and Huelett to develop in the seconds without being pressed up too early.   Doing at least a bit - ?10 - 15 minutes - of ruck work would enhance his chances of senior selection.

Good luck Chris. 

I am confident he gets a warm glow from the $2+ million he has been paid over the last four years that helps make up for the injury time.

Really should call it a day. Injuries, form, lack of match conditioning have all taken its toll. There is little point in playing him this year. Lets look to the future. When a club is happy to let a player go, there is usually a reason and the Pies are shrewder than most.

1 minute ago, hemingway said:

Really should call it a day. Injuries, form, lack of match conditioning have all taken its toll. There is little point in playing him this year. Lets look to the future. When a club is happy to let a player go, there is usually a reason and the Pies are shrewder than most.

You have my vote Ernest I will be amazed if he strings three games together at Casey.

1 hour ago, bandicoot said:

Named in the backline for Casey this week. Is his role changing? Will be interesting to see how he goes down back 

So Frosty Is a backman and Dawes Is a forward. Leys My phone IS killing me!!!!!!! Lets play them out of position who kmows we might get lucky

3 hours ago, ManDee in Vietnam said:

So Frosty Is a backman and Dawes Is a forward. Leys My phone IS killing me!!!!!!! Lets play them out of position who kmows we might get lucky

Dawes might be too slow in the forward line. Last roll of the dice is in defense. 

Frost ahould never be in the forward line. Doesn't have the skill.