Damo Barrett has Melbourne in the gun

Leoncelli_36

2 minutes ago, angrydee said:

Already been investigated and cleared 

Any new evidence may make that irrelevant.

Nothing to see here. Just shows that Barrett is a [censored] and someone at Essendon must have incriminating pictures of Dank with a goat or something, as he seems to have records from a short time at Melbourne, but nothing for nearly a year at Essendon ... 

This little story surfaces the week we play the Pies, who are desperate for a win, as are we, though, they are playing far worse than us and are getting caned in the media.

It comes hot on the heels of an admission, by Bucks and Eddie, that the recent Pies drugs story affected their games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leoncelli_36 said:

Anyone see this [censored] on the footy show tonight.  He has tried to connect us with Dank and supplements scandle over 3 years now..He will not leave it alone and now suggests that WADA is going to reopen a case on us. 

The club needs to get on the front foot and smash this [censored]. He is a parasite. 

What if he's right?

4 minutes ago, Baghdad Bob said:

What if he's right?

Hopefully he is not, though:

No mention of injecting players.

Only mention was of Craig asking him about testosterone of players. 

Craig has denied any wrongdoing.

We were investigated and cleared. 

I think AOD was mentioned and that has been cleared by ASADA.

We are dealing with a statement allegedly made by a totally discredited, banned, low life, who ASADA would not trust at all.

It comes out in the week we play the Pies.

Edited by Redleg

Even if there was substance to this -  we'd just do a Cronulla Sharks plead deal with backdated suspensions - no one would follow Bombers path ever again -  and ASADA wouldn't want to be in Courts again.

But jeez that Barrett is grub  -  was obviously bullied at school.....

• Like 1

Unfortunately, Dank was involved at many clubs, and I'm sure there would be a few club chiefs sweating on what this erratic nutcase is going to say next.

And it serves clubs right for getting involved with such a piece of work, potentially including us.

Poor Damian cant handle the though of the Demons once again being a force

We have the youngest in the league team and yet we almost rolled his beloved decrepit Kangaroos.full of grandpas.

And he knows full well we had the likes of Garlett, Petracca, Brayshaw, Weideman and Trenners either unavailable or waiting in the wings.

Damo keep crapping yourself son, the Dees are coming hard and the Kangas will once again be pretenders.

Edited by Petraccattack
  • Like 1

I haven't been able to bring myself to open the Bombers Swiss Adventure thread and I cringe at the righteousness re. the Essendon 'drug cheats' on here. I've been dreading something like this for a while now and my MFCSS fully expected it to spring up once we were seemingly on the rise. We were up to something shifty and it strangely and quietly went away after some early stern words in the media from Vlad. Dank is a [censored] of the highest order with a huge ego and a vengeful mind who holds a lot of secrets. Barret is a [censored] of the highest order with a bullied-kid ego and a vindictive mind who is told a lot of secrets by other vindictive minds. This isn't good and there's no point sitting in the pulpits pointing out that these guys are pricks. The only advantage is that we now have friends at AFL house. If this breaks, the board should immediately announce we're taking the previous administration to court for wilful mismanagement. It could serve to alter the Ship of Theseus perceptions that underlie sporting clubs and give the AFL and media something to work with. 

Nothing to see here.

Investigated, cleared, have records and from memory any injections the players were having back then were from the doctor. Not some nurse in an off site tanning salon.

Can't be investigated again unless new evidence comes to light and Dank has said he wont speak to ASADA.

Also if this story had legs, don't you think other journo's would also be all over it? Yet as of 7:30am this morning, nothing on the AFL, The Age or Herald Sun websites.

What are the odds this story disappears after sunday?

Edited by AngryAtCasey
  • Like 2

I don't understand the casual dismissiveness here based on no inside knowledge. I probably feel like the pessimists felt when idiots like me were predicting a twelve goal win against the Dons. Time to quietly back out of this thread for my own sanity. I wish PJ all the best. This may come to be his biggest test.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chris said:

Funny how Dank can now say all sorts of things about Bock and us yet is still silent on the Dons. I wonder when he will try and put Geelong in the gun.

Dank is like the soldier in the war movie who's terminally wounded and seizes up and as he collapses his machine gun goes off sending bullets flying in every direction. Everyone has to duck for cover until it's over.

9 hours ago, Chris said:

Maybe if we did cheat he just wants everyone that cheated to be treated the same. His form of fair and equitable treatment. 

His form of fair and equitable treatment is getting a payout like his mate Robinson.

41 minutes ago, Skuit said:

I haven't been able to bring myself to open the Bombers Swiss Adventure thread and I cringe at the righteousness re. the Essendon 'drug cheats' on here. I've been dreading something like this for a while now and my MFCSS fully expected it to spring up once we were seemingly on the rise. We were up to something shifty and it strangely and quietly went away after some early stern words in the media from Vlad. Dank is a [censored] of the highest order with a huge ego and a vengeful mind who holds a lot of secrets. Barret is a [censored] of the highest order with a bullied-kid ego and a vindictive mind who is told a lot of secrets by other vindictive minds. This isn't good and there's no point sitting in the pulpits pointing out that these guys are pricks. The only advantage is that we now have friends at AFL house. If this breaks, the board should immediately announce we're taking the previous administration to court for wilful mismanagement. It could serve to alter the Ship of Theseus perceptions that underlie sporting clubs and give the AFL and media something to work with. 

Who? The tea lady? The bloke out the back who does all the odd jobs?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nasher said:

Having Dank on the books doesn't mean we have anything to worry about.  Last time I checked, it wasn't illegal to employ a sports scientist.  

Didn't we claim Dank wasn't on the books? It's probably illegal to mislead an ASADA enquiry.

9 minutes ago, Ted Fidge said:

That's why this will go nowhere. Even stuff he says that might be true will be treated with deep scepticism.

Didn't ASADA just reopen a case on Bock based on some Dank scuttlebut?

In relation to the Bock case.

The national anti-doping agency said Dank continued to be unhelpful.

The statement also said that ASADA needed reliable evidence to pursue doping allegations.