• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Tom McDonald (and Oscar) SIGNS.

dazzledavey36

6 minutes ago, rjay said:

Don't worry 'Unleash'...'Roost it' believes Hogan is going home.

He's said it a number of times, he doesn't have any secret sauce just an assumption like many who assume he is staying.

Just a gut feel hey..

Thanks rjay

6 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

When you have targets/teammates all creating options, it is a lot easier to hit a targets straightaway, if you look up and see only one guy on the move, you start to second guess yourself, difference on Saturday for Tommy

Spot on - even kicks that are not 100% on the money can be made to look okay when your teamates are always moving and creating an option.

I much prefer in Tom McDonalds case that we focus on what he does well not what he doesnt do well - as the pluses outweigh the minuses.

• Like 1

On 8/6/2016 at 9:06 PM, Nasher said:

Hard to know if you're taking the [censored], given your attitude (that I share) towards another poster who likes to "confirm" stuff.

No need to respond though, I'll assume you're serious since it's in line with what I believe anyway :cool:

I can absolutely confirm your confirmation

12 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

When you have targets/teammates all creating options, it is a lot easier to hit a targets straightaway, if you look up and see only one guy on the move, you start to second guess yourself, difference on Saturday for Tommy

Thats a very generic response. In reality its had hardly anything to do with the glaring stupidity exhibited by Tom at times. Again..he played to his strengths.. He didnt try to overthink too much...its really not his forte Saty..like it or not

1 hour ago, daisycutter said:

trouble is gus's kick was just too accurate. the receiver couldn't move because the kick was exactly to the spot he was standing, so had to take it flat footed and exposed

and that was the problem. he should have kicked it short so the player had to come to the ball and it would have been ok

That kick hung in the air for way too long. When Angus kicked it I went to the bar for a beer and when I came back it was only just coming down.

Short and flat is better and we saw a number of those during the arvo that were too short and too flat, but it gave the kicker's teammate an opportunity to gather the ball quickly and keep it moving.

• Like 6

On Saturday, August 06, 2016 at 9:04 PM, Mach5 said:

I can confirm, I have today been told by a reliable source within the club prior to the match that Tom has indicated he will sign on to stay within the next month. Finer details still to be worked out, and it will be for less than he could have got elsewhere, but he believes in the direction of the club and wants to stay here with his brother and mates.

Fantastic news.

Who's flying kites now? 

6 hours ago, jnrmac said:

I am one who has been totally exasperated by TMac but Tom's last two weeks have been very good with few mistakes or brain fades. If he continues to play like that he will be an AA defender.

That's exactly why he has been so exasperating. (And I'm pretty sure this is the point you're making jnr ....)

When someone like Grimes or Matt Jones swaps their head for a pumpkin we all say, oh well, he's depth only, or something like that. It's annoying.

But Tom has shown superior qualities. Someone who can take a pack mark deep in defence? Gold. He's shown us what his potential is and it's something to salivate over. So when he screws the pooch, it's doubly exasperating.

He may have turned the corner or not, but that Hawks game was pretty much faultless. That's why we can't let him go and why it hurts when he slips on a banana skin that he put there himself and kicks himself in the nuts.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

Not the impression i get when chatting to him....but hey who really knows

Saty: Good game last week Jesse.

Hoges: (thinks) this guy speaks exactly like that guy Satyriconimus or whatever his name is writes on that web site ... I bet it's him. Better not let on about the Freo contract or it'll be all over the internet ... I'll just bullsh!t him about staying at this garbage club ... yeah ... I'll f@ck him over ... ha! ha! I'll get his head spinning! Good one Jess!

Saty: ... moving further up the ground to free up Pedo?

Hoges: What? Oh, er ... yeah, nah. We're just taking it one week at a time.

1 minute ago, Ted Fidge said:

Saty: Good game last week Jesse.

Hoges: (thinks) this guy speaks exactly like that guy Satyriconimus or whatever his name is writes on that web site ... I bet it's him. Better not let on about the Freo contract or it'll be all over the internet ... I'll just bullsh!t him about staying at this garbage club ... yeah ... I'll f@ck him over ... ha! ha! I'll get his head spinning! Good one Jess!

Saty: ... moving further up the ground to free up Pedo?

Hoges: What? Oh, er ... yeah, nah. We're just taking it one week at a time.

If you think he reads what is on here.....he does know I post on here, all the players do,  I gave him an update on how many pages concerning his contract are on here, same with Tommy Mc, both find it amusing

I just think he is happy at the club and living in Melbourne, so no real reason for him to move on...means nothing though....last time I spoke to him was about a cafe and not footy related

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Fifty-5 said:

Tom's kicking was accurate and creative again.

It really looked like he had made up his mind during the bloody game, and was taking it on like the rest of them, by the scruff of the neck

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Thats a very generic response. In reality its had hardly anything to do with the glaring stupidity exhibited by Tom at times. Again..he played to his strengths.. He didnt try to overthink too much...its really not his forte Saty..like it or not

Every player turns it over.

Lots of turnovers cause opposition goals.

Howd u rate Brayshaw kick on saturday bb?And it's not the first time he's done that either in the last few games. I can count quite a few turnover brayshaws cause thst have directly lead to oppo goals.

Players need to develop skills, reality is all players have brain farts. Some posters seem to like to single out players to suit their own narrative.

Edited by Unleash Hell
  • Like 2

The only drama I had with tMAC on the weekend was when he played on without thinking next to Cyril. Haha, big mistake. I suppose its more a team tactic, but he still should be doing a very quick assessment of his surroundings instead of playing on as his immediate reaction.

Edited by johndemons
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Unleash Hell said:

Every player turns it over.

Lots of turnovers cause opposition goals.

Howd u rate Brayshaw kick on saturday bb?And it's not the first time he's done that either in the last few games. I can count quite a few turnover brayshaws cause thst have directly lead to oppo goals.

Players need to develop skills, reality is all players have brain farts. Some posters seem to like to single out players to suit their own narrative.

100% correct. 

I really can't believe people pick out 1 mistake someone makes in a game.  There are 1000 mistakes over a weekend of football and they are made by the best to the worst player.   

Edited by Demons11
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, willmoy said:

It really looked like he had made up his mind during the bloody game, and was taking it on like the rest of them, by the scruff of the neck

He has been doing it all season.  Sometimes he makes a kicking skill error and because of where he plays they often result in oppo goals, but they aren' t decision errors.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ted Fidge said:

That kick hung in the air for way too long. When Angus kicked it I went to the bar for a beer and when I came back it was only just coming down.

Short and flat is better and we saw a number of those during the arvo that were too short and too flat, but it gave the kicker's teammate an opportunity to gather the ball quickly and keep it moving.

Case in point - Oscar kicks a dribbler into the forward line, which is just about as short and flat as you can get, and it leads to a goal.

15 hours ago, Satyriconhome said:

Not the impression i get when chatting to him....but hey who really knows

I'm leaving my job soon, and I can guarantee you that up until the second I resigned, I was behaving like I'd bought in for the next decade.

Imagine he started giving off the impression he was leaving - there would be mayhem down there. He's not stupid.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Ted Fidge said:

I would make Petracca our flat and hard kicking coach - he is going to hurt his teamates with that cannon of a leg  - it is poetry in motion ( very quick, very hard poetry)

Edited by nutbean

12 minutes ago, nutbean said:

I would make Petracca our flat and hard kicking coach - he is going to hurt his teamates with that cannon of leg  - it is poetry in motion ( very quick, very hard poetry)

Slam poetry!

• Like 2