Cam McCarthy takes indefinite leave

jnrmac

5 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

Didn't an angry Jake Carlile bag out the Bombers last season, not in the words you use though. I remember the quote that went something like "this place is f**ked!"

ah ...but he had good cause to do so I think eh !!

Edited by beelzebub

6 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

Yes, I think most of us remember that, but as usual you missed the point old fella.

Not really going to compare an official interview to an overheard off the cuff remark in the heat of the moment during a game.

34 minutes ago, stuie said:

Yes, I think most of us remember that, but as usual you missed the point old fella.

Not really going to compare an official interview to an overheard off the cuff remark in the heat of the moment during a game.

What a load of drivel

Carlisle said what he really thought. That doesn't happen to often. Spin Doctors cannot disguise that. 

Ryder bagged out the club as well in a slightly more refined way. 

Both Left and both could be the ones to really rip Essendrug apart. 

Let's hope so...

1 minute ago, Sir Why You Little said:

What a load of drivel

Carlisle said what he really thought. That doesn't happen to often. Spin Doctors cannot disguise that. 

Ryder bagged out the club as well in a slightly more refined way. 

Both Left and both could be the ones to really rip Essendrug apart. 

Let's hope so...

And all of that has what exactly to do with McCarthy's interview?.....

Geez and i thought Moonie missed the point badly. This is next level.

11 minutes ago, stuie said:

Tickets on yourself Stuie

We all know your Moral stance on this issue ...must you keep repeating it...?

1 minute ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Tickets on yourself Stuie

We all know your Moral stance on this issue ...must you keep repeating it...?

Not only have I not taken a "moral stance" (other to say let's wait and see what the truth is before labeling the guy), but I have not been repeating it.

You're just now trying to have a crack at me using the same old lines because you've been found out completely missing the point.

4 hours ago, Akum said:

I guess what it boils down to in this circumstance, which is becoming more common in the AFL, is that the club has no option but to take the player at their word.

Mental illness is still an illness, and can be (and is) diagnosed by appropriate medical professionals. I don't know that it has much to do with "the player's word" in this or any other case.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, stuie said:

Not only have I not taken a "moral stance" (other to say let's wait and see what the truth is before labeling the guy), but I have not been repeating it.

You're just now trying to have a crack at me using the same old lines because you've been found out completely missing the point.

Whatever Stuie

missing the point i have not. 

4 hours ago, stuie said:

4 hours ago, stuie said:

3 hours ago, stuie said:

Who's exactly is missing the point? Carlisle's comments were very relevant to McCarthy's situation. Both wanted out desperately, whether it be in an interview or said on the boundary loud enough for all and sundry to hear. And apparently Carlisle's a repeat offender at dissing EFC.

You made an assumption that other contracted players wouldn't talk frankly like that about their current club and asked to be proven wrong. I linked a recent example to show you are wrong. That all. 

I leave you to continue pointlessly demeaning posters on your own.

9 hours ago, jnrmac said:

Didn't Mitch Clark love it at Melbourne? I'm sure he said that many times....Just sayin....

Yeah when he's $$ went in the bank every Friday CM taking GWS for a ride and there hands are tired, who would want to play with a pea heart like that anyway it's not hard to read between the lines if sits out all year and lands at freo next year and says he's right to play round 1 2017 he should be suspended by the AFL for 2 years.

1 minute ago, Moonshadow said:

Who's exactly is missing the point? Carlisle's comments were very relevant to McCarthy's situation. Both wanted out desperately, whether it be in an interview or said on the boundary loud enough for all and sundry to hear. And apparently Carlisle's a repeat offender at dissing EFC.

You made an assumption that other contracted players wouldn't talk frankly like that about their current club and asked to be proven wrong. I linked a recent example to show you are wrong. That all. 

I leave you to continue pointlessly demeaning posters on your own.

Moonie, I'm glad you went off and had a little think, but unfortunately for you you're still missing the point.

And off the cuff emotional remark that you don't expect the public to hear is a fair bit different to sitting down to a published interview, don't you agree? So, if you can provide me with a recent interview where a player has bagged out their current club and stated their intentions to leave then please post away. Or maybe post a link to an Essendon FC website interview with Carlisle where he says that famous quote of "this club is f#@ked", because surely if he's saying it out in the open he would then say it in an interview right? I mean, that's your own "logic" at work...

But if you want to take fluff piece interviews at their absolute word then I bet you're excited to see Chip, Howie and Scully run out for us this year.

7 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

I was shipped to Perth at 18 and have been stuck here since. That's what happens when you get held against your will in a state you don't want to be in...

I was born there and was liberated to Victoria at age 10. It's been some handicap to overcome 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

I was shipped to Perth at 18 and have been stuck here since. That's what happens when you get held against your will in a state you don't want to be in...

Look on the bright side Ethan - it could have been Tasmania (even worse if you have a sister) or New Zealand ( even worse if you have a wool allergy)!

56 minutes ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

Look on the bright side Ethan - it could have been Tasmania (even worse if you have a sister) or New Zealand ( even worse if you have a wool allergy)!

Or twin brother.