Jump to content

  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

    Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

    We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

    However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

    The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

    Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

    We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

    WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

    Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.


Remove the Ads with a Demonland Subscription


Demonland

Recommended Posts

I regret to inform those that have taken out a Life & Annual Membership with Demonland that as of the 1st of April you will see the return of Advertisements on Demonland for at least one month.  

 Not having any footy has severely cut down our visitor numbers for this time of year and has had an huge impact on our revenue stream to pay for the costs of running the site. 

I know that everyone has been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and that is why I’m not asking anyone for assistance or passing the hat around. The return of Ads should hopefully cover the costs  

 If any Life or Annual Members would like a refund I will happily provide it. Please let me know here or via PM and I will arrange it  

I apologise for the inconvenience and the annoyance of having the advertisements back temporarily but I assure you that in time they will disappear again. I will reevaluate in a months time. 

 As a Life and Annual Member you will still have the following benefits. 

Life: As an added bonus Life Members can change their Display Name once every month as opposed to once every year, they have a higher storage quota of messages within the Private Message system, they have a higher storage capacity for attachments and they can edit posts up to 4 hours after postings instead of 1 hour.

Annual: As an added bonus Annual Members can change their Display Name once every 100 days as opposed to once every year, they have a higher storage quota of messages within the Private Message system, they have a higher storage capacity for attachments and they can edit posts up to 2 hours after postings instead of 1 hour.

Thank you for your understanding. 

 Andy

  • Like 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, Demonland said:

I regret to inform those that have taken out a Life & Annual Membership with Demonland that as of the 1st of April you will see the return of Advertisements on Demonland for at least one month.  

 Not having any footy has severely cut down our visitor numbers for this time of year and has had an huge impact on our revenue stream to pay for the costs of running the site. 

I know that everyone has been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and that is why I’m not asking anyone for assistance or passing the hat around. The return of Ads should hopefully cover the costs  

 If any Life or Annual Members would like a refund I will happily provide it. Please let me know here or via PM and I will arrange it  

I apologise for the inconvenience and the annoyance of having the advertisements back temporarily but I assure you that in time they will disappear again. I will reevaluate in a months time. 

 As a Life and Annual Member you will still have the following benefits. 

Life: As an added bonus Life Members can change their Display Name once every month as opposed to once every year, they have a higher storage quota of messages within the Private Message system, they have a higher storage capacity for attachments and they can edit posts up to 4 hours after postings instead of 1 hour.

Annual: As an added bonus Annual Members can change their Display Name once every 100 days as opposed to once every year, they have a higher storage quota of messages within the Private Message system, they have a higher storage capacity for attachments and they can edit posts up to 2 hours after postings instead of 1 hour.

Thank you for your understanding. 

 Andy

Can we accept/share,  adds from Mfc's current sponsors.?

Edited by MyFavouriteMartian
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Ditcha said:

No problems at all Andy. I have made a donation of $50 to help you. I love this site, and am happy to contribute to help with the costs of running the site.

I really didn't want people to have to dip into their own pockets. Everyone's doing it hard and a footy message board should not be high on the list of priorities. You contribution is appreciated but please Demonlanders save your money for a rainy day. The Ads will suffice.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, Demonland said:

I really didn't want people to have to dip into their own pockets. Everyone's doing it hard and a footy message board should not be high on the list of priorities. You contribution is appreciated but please Demonlanders save your money for a rainy day. The Ads will suffice.

Andy....it's raining rather heavily at the moment.  We need Demonland to keep us sane, while the cyclone and monsoon continue and we are all locked inside.

$100 on its way

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, george_on_the_outer said:

Andy....it's raining rather heavily at the moment.  We need Demonland to keep us sane, while the cyclone and monsoon continue and we are all locked inside.

$100 on its way

you really do not have to but it is much appreciated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A perfectly sensible and reasonable approach Andy.  As stated by a lot of public figures over the last month ,"we are all in this together!".  As an aside, I made a small donation a few weeks ago, and I always knew it would be a good investment (unlike what's left of what I had on the ASX).

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Deeoldfart said:

A perfectly sensible and reasonable approach Andy.  As stated by a lot of public figures over the last month ,"we are all in this together!".  As an aside, I made a small donation a few weeks ago, and I always knew it would be a good investment (unlike what's left of what I had on the ASX).

This is why I don't want people donating. Keep your money. You never know what is around the corner. Demonland will survive.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Demonland said:

This is why I don't want people donating. Keep your money. You never know what is around the corner. Demonland will survive.

You are a good man Andy ...... but no footy, living interstate, and self isolating (on 70+ age grounds), I need the Demonland banter!  Keep up the great work!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


9 hours ago, ding said:

Yay.... i missed seeing all those young, attractive Asian ladies when i subscribed.

 

That's the cookies from your porn site visits doing their thing.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Demonland said:

I regret to inform those that have taken out a Life & Annual Membership with Demonland that as of the 1st of April you will see the return of Advertisements on Demonland for at least one month.  

 Not having any footy has severely cut down our visitor numbers for this time of year and has had an huge impact on our revenue stream to pay for the costs of running the site. 

I know that everyone has been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and that is why I’m not asking anyone for assistance or passing the hat around. The return of Ads should hopefully cover the costs  

 If any Life or Annual Members would like a refund I will happily provide it. Please let me know here or via PM and I will arrange it  

I apologise for the inconvenience and the annoyance of having the advertisements back temporarily but I assure you that in time they will disappear again. I will reevaluate in a months time. 

 As a Life and Annual Member you will still have the following benefits. 

Life: As an added bonus Life Members can change their Display Name once every month as opposed to once every year, they have a higher storage quota of messages within the Private Message system, they have a higher storage capacity for attachments and they can edit posts up to 4 hours after postings instead of 1 hour.

Annual: As an added bonus Annual Members can change their Display Name once every 100 days as opposed to once every year, they have a higher storage quota of messages within the Private Message system, they have a higher storage capacity for attachments and they can edit posts up to 2 hours after postings instead of 1 hour.

Thank you for your understanding. 

 Andy

Just do what u have to Andy to keep going. 
 

Im sure all here on demonland are behind u. 
 

Put it this way it’s better to have ads than no demonland at all. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    PODCAST: Match SIM vs Richmond

    The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Tuesday, 20th February @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we dissect the Scratch Match loss to the Tigers and hopefully provide me with some free MFCSS therapy. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 38

    PREGAME: Practice Match vs Carlton

    The Dees will play their final practice match before the start of the 2024 seasons against the Blues at Ikon Park. What are you wanting to see in this final hit out before the season proper? Will Clarry & Salo return to the side? 2024 AAMI Community Series | Carlton v Melbourne Date: Wednesday 28 February Time: 6:40pm (AEDT) Location: IKON Park | Wurundjeri

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 57

    POSTGAME: Match SIM vs Richmond

    The Dees were outclassed and outmuscled in its first practice hit out for the 2024 season against the Tigers going down by 23 points at Casey Fields. 

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 286

    GAMEDAY: Match SIM vs Richmond

    It's Game Day and it's been 156 days since the Demons were bundled out of the finals in straight sets for the 2nd year in a row. Our redemption starts here. Remember it's only a practice match if we lose. Date: Sunday 18th Feb Location: Casey Fields Gate open: 9.30am Match commences: 10am Watch: Foxtel & Kayo Inclusions: Seven-quarter match simulation Signing opportunities Kids' activities Partner giveaways Demons Squad: 1. Steven May 2. Jacob Van Rooyen

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 402

    TRAINING: Saturday 17th February 2024

    On the eve of the Dees first practice match for the 2024 season a couple of Demonland Trackwatchers bring you their observations from today’s Captain’s Run at Gosch’s Paddock.  KEV MARTIN’S CAPTAIN’S RUN OBSERVATIONS Looks a a dress rehearsal Captain's run. 23 out doing drills.  Included is Will Verall, Kynan Brown, Bailey Laurie, Caleb Windsor, Blake Howes, Adam Tomlinson, Kade Chandler, Jack Billings and Josh Schache. Rehab include BBB, Tom Fullarton, TMac, AMW, Woey.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    PREGAME: Match SIM vs Richmond

    The Demons will take to the field in their first hit out for 2024 against another team when they take on the Tigers at Casey Fields in a Scratch Match consisting of 7 "quarters". Melbourne vs Richmond Date: Sunday 18th Feb Location: Casey Fields Gate open: 9.30am Match commences: 10am Watch: Foxtel & Kayo Inclusions: Seven-quarter match simulation Signing opportunities Kids' activities Partner giveaways What are your expectations? What do you want to see from

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 130

    TRAINING: Monday 12th February 2024

    Clayton Oliver was integrated back into the main training group today for the first time in 2024 after completing a 2km time trial. FriendlyFellow, a new Demonland Trackwatcher hit Gosch's Paddock on a hot and windy morning to bring you his observations of the session. Disclaimer: Saw on the socials they were down at Gosch’s Paddock so headed down for a quick look. Little to no presence of other track watchers and no current live thread, so as a first time contributor, giving what the peopl

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports 6

    TRAINING: Wednesday 7th February 2024

    A bunch of Demonland Trackwatchers enjoyed the sunshine at Gosch's Paddock to watch a rapidly depleted Dees go through their paces with exactly a month to go until a ball is bounced in anger. DEMONLAND'S PRESEASON TRAINING OBSERVATIONS REHAB: Brown, Hunter, AMW, Fullarton, Turner, Clarry, TMac, Melksham, McAdam ABSENT: Smith All players in Blue guernseys today. Clarry is in the building (Gosch’s Paddock). Petty is present with footy boots on.  Clarry doing dril

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports 1

    THAT WAS THE YEAR THAT WAS: 2023

    When the dust settled on 2023, the Melbourne Football Club coach Simon Goodwin lamented that the club knew it needed to score more to land a second premiership in the current era. He opined that an average of one more goal per game would have had his charges in football’s stratosphere.  Goodwin was right and, based on his team’s scoring opportunities, that extra goal (and more) was well within its grasp if only they had better converted their shots at goal. Take the side’s last six defeats

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features 7
  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

×
×
  • Create New...