Sign in to follow this  
Demonland

Remove the Ads with a Demonland Subscription

With the new look website we are now offering a new Subscription service that allows for the removal of the Advertising peppered throughout this site.

All proceeds from your subscription go towards covering the costs associated with bringing you this website. Any gains from this will go back towards the club. Every now and again I pass some on to Nasher for the hard work that he does for us behind the scenes.

I have lowered the prices for the Lifetime and the Annual Membership and will leave those prices as is until Round 1 2016.

Previously a Lifetime Membership was $70 and as a special offer until Round 1 2016 I have lowered the price to $60.

The Annual membership was $30 and I have lowered that price to $25.

You can take out a Lifetime or Annual Subscription by either clicking the Store link below the Demonland banner, by clicking the Subscription icon on the right hand side of the Homepage or simply by following this link: http://demonland.com/forums/subscriptions/

If you are already a Lifetime or Annual Subscriber to Demonland and are feeling generous and would like to contribute again you can click the Store tab under the Demonland banner and then click the Donate button on the tab, click the Donate icon on the right hand side of the Homepage or by following this link: http://demonland.com/forums/clients/donations/

Thank you to those who have been generous enough to contribute in the past and to those that will do so in the future. I really do appreciate it.

Go Dees,

Andy

Thanks Andy. I was an Annual Member once upon a time. I really should just become a Lifetime Member. Thanks for all your hard work.

Thank you.

One further thing. You need to sign up an account with Demonland to be able to remove the advertising on this site. So if you are just a lurker and haven't joined Demonland and want to remove the ads on the site then please sign up and join us in discussing the Mighty Dees.

Happy to have gotten rid of the ads and to contribute a little to the great service you offer

• Like 1

Have been meaning to do it for a long time now... But those f'ing ads were the last straw :)

Considering how much time I spend on this forum it was long overdue though...

Keep up the great work!

11 hours ago, KrazyJay said:

Have been meaning to do it for a long time now... But those f'ing ads were the last straw :)

Considering how much time I spend on this forum it was long overdue though...

Keep up the great work!

Thank you. 

It's the best way you can support the site. 

Lifetime Purchased :)

Just signed up, yes the adds suck, but this community (despite some characteristics) keeps bringing me back! Go Dees!!!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DeezNuts said:

Just signed up, yes the adds suck, but this community (despite some characteristics) keeps bringing me back! Go Dees!!!

Welcome to an ad-free Demonland experience. Thank you for your contribution. 

2 minutes ago, Tram 74 said:

Who negotiates the ads? They are firmly at the bottom of the Cesspool.

The ads displayed are determined by your internet search history. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

The ads displayed are determined by your internet search history. 

That is one of the main ways they are generated. 

I've rejigged the Lifetime and Annual Membership with the new system that a software upgrade provided. I just want to make sure it all works so if someone who isn't currently a Life or Annual member would like to be a guinea pig then I will happily refund you half the cost.

Currently a life membership is $60 and an annual membership is $25. These will be going up to $70 and $30 in the new year so it's a great time to get on board at a discount.

A Lifetime  and Anuual Subscription removes all advertising from the site and all proceeds from your subscription go towards covering the costs associated with bringing you this website.

As an added bonus Life Members can change their Display Name once every month as opposed to once every year, they have a higher storage quota of messages within the Private Message system, they have a higher storage capacity for attachments and they can edit posts up to 4 hours after postings instead of 1 hour.

As an added bonus Annual Members can change their Display Name once every 100 days as opposed to once every year, they have a higher storage quota of messages within the Private Message system, they have a higher storage capacity for attachments and they can edit posts up to 2 hours after postings instead of 1 hour.

If you are willing to be a guinea pig for this experiment which should work anyway please let me know prior to taking out the membership. The first person to reply on this thread that they want to test it out will be the person that gets the refund of half the price of the purchase.

You must either have PayPal to do this (I believe you can pay via credit card in PayPal without signing up to PayPal).

First reply, first served.

You can subscribe via this link: http://demonland.com/forums/subscriptions/

21 hours ago, Demonland said:

I've rejigged the Lifetime and Annual Membership with the new system that a software upgrade provided. I just want to make sure it all works so if someone who isn't currently a Life or Annual member would like to be a guinea pig then I will happily refund you half the cost.

Currently a life membership is $60 and an annual membership is $25. These will be going up to $70 and $30 in the new year so it's a great time to get on board at a discount.

A Lifetime  and Anuual Subscription removes all advertising from the site and all proceeds from your subscription go towards covering the costs associated with bringing you this website.

As an added bonus Life Members can change their Display Name once every month as opposed to once every year, they have a higher storage quota of messages within the Private Message system, they have a higher storage capacity for attachments and they can edit posts up to 4 hours after postings instead of 1 hour.

As an added bonus Annual Members can change their Display Name once every 100 days as opposed to once every year, they have a higher storage quota of messages within the Private Message system, they have a higher storage capacity for attachments and they can edit posts up to 2 hours after postings instead of 1 hour.

If you are willing to be a guinea pig for this experiment which should work anyway please let me know prior to taking out the membership. The first person to reply on this thread that they want to test it out will be the person that gets the refund of half the price of the purchase.

You must either have PayPal to do this (I believe you can pay via credit card in PayPal without signing up to PayPal).

First reply, first served.

You can subscribe via this link: http://demonland.com/forums/subscriptions/

This offer is still valid.

1 hour ago, Demons11 said:

Subscribed!!!

Thanks for keeping the site going. 

My pleasure. Thank you for your generous contribution.

Hi Andrew - this site is a great initiative, happy to help keep it going.

By the way, how many Demonlanders are there, and how many are actually subscribers?

1 minute ago, Neil Crompton said:

Hi Andrew - this site is a great initiative, happy to help keep it going.

By the way, how many Demonlanders are there, and how many are actually subscribers?

Thank you. I appreciate the generous contributions of subscribers and donators. 

There are over 5,000 registered members of Demonland. About 280 are subscribers. These numbers don't take into account guests who visit the site but have never signed up. More guests are reading the site at any one time than members reading the site. 

9 minutes ago, Neil Crompton said:

since the "publicity" have subscriber memberships increased from the 280 previously quoted?

What publicity are you referring to?

2 hours ago, Neil Crompton said:

Sorry, just the on-line discussion that occurred following your last reply, and my posting of your response.

We currently have 282 subscribers. 👍