New Jumper Numbers

DemonLad5

Nice of you to bring that up, Mono. But, it's "Barrie", if you don't mind! (How soon they forget! LOL)

Humblest apologies Barrie. I was typing phonetically:-). And, it is a long time between drinks! None of us are getting younger.

The point that I was trying to make, for the youngsters here, though is that the last #32 to win a flag at MFC was......

Edited by monoccular

Humblest apologies Barrie. I was typing phonetically:-). And, it is a long time between drinks! None of us are getting younger.

The point that I was trying to make, for the youngsters here, though is that the last #32 to win a flag at MFC was......

Apology accepted, Mono! Good of you to bring up the "Good old days". Let's hope the next wearer of the famous #32 will also have the distinction of wearing it in a Premiership win!

• Like 1

I think Max and Mitch King need to have similar numbers to confuse us even more.

Anyway, if we can match a few Jacks with a pair of kings, we could all clean up.

I'm going off memory here but weren't the Febey twins 20 & 21?

13 for Oliver (looks like McKenzie), 33 for the Weed (Wayne was 33 too), 34 for King and 38 for Hulett for mine. Harmes to move to 26.

785610-wayne.jpgI see what you done did.

I feel like watching The Hills Have Eyes actually...

13 to Oliver. As others have said, looks like Jordie.

27 to Weideman. Murray wore 27 at one stage for the filth.

34 to King. Good ruckman number.

38 to Hulett. Speculative number for a speculative pick.

40 reserved for our Rookie Pick.

Edited by AngryAtCasey

They were, indeed. And, weren't the Cockatoo-Collins twins 30 & 31? (Not that they racked up a huge # of games...

• Like 1

Or the Cockatoo-Collins at #30 and #31 - not that we had a chance to get confused as they play, what, ?6 games between them.

EDIT: apologies Barrie - I jumped ahead before I saw you comments on the C-C twins, who were not it turns out to be great choices to say the least. Who was the recruiting manager then?

Edited by monoccular
  • Like 1

monoccular, on 30 Nov 2015 - 11:41 AM, said:

Or the Cockatoo-Collins at #30 and #31 - not that we had a chance to get confused as they play, what, ?6 games between them.

EDIT: apologies Barrie - I jumped ahead before I saw you comments on the C-C twins, who were not it turns out to be great choices to say the least. Who was the recruiting manager then?

Griffiths.....????

The MFC website just posted the new jumper numbers for the players, as follows.

13# Clayton Oliver (Another red-head replacing Jordie McKenzie....I hope they get Adem Yze or even Allen Jakovich to present his jumper to him?).

26# Sam Weideman (taking the number from his school mate Christian Petracca...the only guy I remember to wear number 26# who was a pretty good player was Daniel Ward to present the jumper?).

27# Liam Hulett (perhaps have Jared Rivers or Anthony Ingerson present his jumper?).

34# Mitch King (maybe get Jeff White to present his jumper?).

42# Josh Wagner (the rookie listed player taking the number from Jake "Frank" Spencer. Perhaps get Peter Walsh to present his jumper?).

44# Joel Smith (Catergory B Rookie and son of high-flying Demon Shaun Smith. I would just have his Dad present his jumper perhaps?).

33# Jake "Frank" Spencer (showed some improvemrnt in 2015 but needs to improve his decision making and stop being so uncoordinated in his movements...maybe get Jeff Farmer in to present his jumper?).

32# Tommy Bugg (I would like to see Cameron Bruce present his jumper, if possible?).

35# Ben Kennedy (Maybe get Anthony McDonald to present the jumper?).

18# Jake "Apples" (Apple Turnover) Melksham (Hopefully Brad Green could present this jumper?).

5# Christian Petracca aka CP5 (Gotta get David "The Ox" Schwarz to present this jumper!).

Anyways, I think that's all the changes for season 2016?

• Like 4

Yep...

Would of liked Clayton Oliver to have number 33# but it's no big deal.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Christian Petracca play in number 5# for the Demons!

Also would love to see both Clayton Oliver and Sam Weideman play a few AFL matches in 2016 if their form warrants it.

Edited by Supreme_Demon

Yze for mine. What about no.26 for Sam? Luke Williams? :huh:

Luke Williams?! Hahahaha! :lol:

Probably Greg Parke and/or Ian Thorogood would be suitable to hand out the number 26# jumper to Sam Weideman perhaps?

And it would be nice to keep the tradition of older MFC players handing out jumper numbers to the new Demons recruits. A little bit of tradition and nostalgia is fine I reckon.

Would be pretty cool to see Allen Jakovich back at the Demons even if it was just for a jumper presentation.

Allen Jakovich, Garry Lyon, David Schwarz and David Neitz as well as Jeff Farmer were some of my favourite MFC players when I was younger.:)

Edited by Supreme_Demon
  • Like 1

I may be wrong but i highly doubt they get club greats in to present jumpers now days?

Now its more players and family that do it.

I recall other clubs doing it. I know they have other commitments and at other clubs but I'd love to see Yze, Rivers and White back at the club if/when these guys debut.

All 3 were very good players for the club who might have suffered a hit to their reputations in how they left and getting them back in would be nice.

I'd love to see Clayton Oliver presented with his jumper by Yze before debuting against and tearing up the Hawks.

I recall other clubs doing it. I know they have other commitments and at other clubs but I'd love to see Yze, Rivers and White back at the club if/when these guys debut.

All 3 were very good players for the club who might have suffered a hit to their reputations in how they left and getting them back in would be nice.

I'd love to see Clayton Oliver presented with his jumper by Yze before debuting against and tearing up the Hawks.

You want to see Oliver debut round 11?

I don't want to wait that long.