Differing opinions

Phadraig

ame="Bitter but optimistic" post="1182698" timestamp="1446194666"]Name names or you are just as weak.[/quoDD wiseblood a few others not you BBodyOdour they have there crew that sticks togother WB was shown up through the trade period to have very little Knowledge about AFL, but in saying that I like Stuies posts and I know you don't like him , everyone has different likes and dislikes

Hey Stuie, when you create an alias you aren't supposed to admire your own work. It's a giveaway. I'm disappointed in you.

But apparently getting a trade deal wrong means I have very little 'Knowledge' about AFL. If that's what we're basing it on then no-one on this board has a clue either.

• Like 2

Actually met several posters from Demonology at a pre season game against the Bulldogs, at Casey several years back.

A couple of them had confident smirks on their faces the whole time, but by and large, it was a lot of fun, and they were good blokes. No girls though, which was probably a good thing, because of the language

Sat next to a poster called Tilly, who was an absolute cracker of a bloke, but one of those types that takes no backward steps, and constantly fed it to the bullies supporters. I could easily imagine him getting us in a blue at the G' against the filth or scum. Great day.

I would like to see a game, and hit the turps, with Jaded, and whatshername, the other crazy sheila on here. She hasnt posted for a while..........I reckon they would rustle up a fight or too also.

I think many people forget that this is an internet forum. Easy to be act like someone else, when there is 1000km of fibre optic between you and the person you are talking to.

The other "crazy sheila" (that makes you sound like a yob, by the way) may be Sloonie? She posts as Jesse Christ now.

I met Tilly in Launceston a few years ago along with a couple of other die hards. The man sure gets around. Agree, cracking fella. Don't know if you remember lukey26 off 'ology? We met years ago when she moved to Tassie for uni and have been in touch ever since. She was there in Launnie too.

Only other Demonlanders I've met in person are Jaded, Fifty5, Baghdad Bob and a fella who doesn't post much called monty kaufman who is a work colleague. Shows what an anti-social bastard I am when I've been active in the online community so long and have hardly met anyone personally. I'm one of your nerds I think. ;)

• Like 1

The other "crazy sheila" (that makes you sound like a yob, by the way) may be Sloonie? She posts as Jesse Christ now.

I met Tilly in Launceston a few years ago along with a couple of other die hards. The man sure gets around. Agree, cracking fella. Don't know if you remember lukey26 off 'ology? We met years ago when she moved to Tassie for uni and have been in touch ever since. She was there in Launnie too.

Only other Demonlanders I've met in person are Jaded, Fifty5, Baghdad Bob and a fella who doesn't post much called monty kaufman who is a work colleague. Shows what an anti-social bastard I am when I've been active in the online community so long and have hardly met anyone personally. I'm one of your nerds I think. ;)

Well Gnasher, you still have the chance to offer me the use of your couch, if I come down for the Tassie game next year.

I don't think using the word "crazy" makes you a sound like a yob.

And finally, I must say, I've had a couple of nasty (and costly) experiences through meeting Demonlanders.

The "crazy sheila" comment was a reference to the way she comes across. And yes, it was sloonie i was thinking of.

Cant remember too many of the people from ology that i met to be honest, but tilly certainly left an impression.

One bloke who used to clash with other posters on both here and 'ology, was RobbieF. My brother and i have spoken with him a couple of times at games now, with one of his sons (Adrian from memory, but could be wrong), and he is a lovely bloke, and very easy to get along with. The stuff you read online, is often very different in person.

Not sure if his online persona is any different to the real life one, but would you like to hazard a guess as to how stuie would be to sit next to at the footy My head spins thinking about it.

Edited by faultydet

Hey Stuie, when you create an alias you aren't supposed to admire your own work. It's a giveaway. I'm disappointed in you.

But apparently getting a trade deal wrong means I have very little 'Knowledge' about AFL. If that's what we're basing it on then no-one on this board has a clue either.

Actually just "liked" that post for my mention, not because someone had a crack at you. Have no problems whatsoever with your posts as they are generally well thought out and about footy, which is increasingly becoming a rarity here.

• Like 1

The "crazy sheila" comment was a reference to the way she comes across. And yes, it was sloonie i was thinking of.

Cant remember too many of the people from ology that i met to be honest, but tilly certainly left an impression.

One bloke who used to clash with other posters on both here and 'ology, was RobbieF. My brother and i have spoken with him a couple of times at games now, with one of his sons (Adrian from memory, but could be wrong), and he is a lovely bloke, and very easy to get along with. The stuff you read online, is often very different in person.

Not sure if his online persona is any different to the real life one, but would you like to hazard a guess as to how stuie would be to sit next to at the footy My head spins thinking about it.

i don't think they allow him out very often without supervision faulty, so you're probably pretty safe :lol:

I don't sit... I usually stand at the Southern Stand end around about half forward. Prefer the easy access to the bar, having an easy spot to meet the mates, and the couple of regular old blokes who always like to have a chat.

Have always said I thought the vibe would be a lot different with us all watching the game together over a couple of bevys as opposed to the tone of 'Land.

Edited by stuie
  • Like 1

Actually just "liked" that post for my mention, not because someone had a crack at you. Have no problems whatsoever with your posts as they are generally well thought out and about footy, which is increasingly becoming a rarity here.

All good mate, I was only having a bit of fun. Wasn't a knock on you at all. Cheers.

• Like 1

I don't sit... I usually stand at the Southern Stand end around about half forward. Prefer the easy access to the bar, having an easy spot to meet the mates, and the couple of regular old blokes who always like to have a chat.

Have always said I thought the vibe would be a lot different with us all watching the game together over a couple of bevys as opposed to the tone of 'Land.

Of course it would stu. Easy to argue with people you cant see.

Ive sat with people who normally, i would want to throw over the front of the grandstand to the crowd below, but at the footy, cheering the same team, they are fine.

• Like 1

My points were on point(?) still in the opening post.

You missed my point by referring back to your first point The point of which was clear enough - if you get my point. The point of my interrogative i.e. the point I'm saying you missed. Is what is point of telling readers you were "blasted"? That's my point!

• Like 1

Id be happy to meet a few landers at the Cricketers arms girly bar then go to the game probably be a good day Edited by Middymalt

You missed my point by referring back to your first point The point of which was clear enough - if you get my point. The point of my interrogative i.e. the point I'm saying you missed. Is what is point of telling readers you were "blasted"? That's my point!

I've completely missed your point